• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Hanska Fishing Reports

Anybody have any info they can share with me on Lake Hanska? I am going to be camping there soon and I might bring a small boat a take the kids out for a bit if I could get a little info. Thank You

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bk_MN_iceman

• DR_FISH

• crothmeier

• pascooter94

I would bring the boat, water temps as of this last sunday were between 55 and 58. been fishing there twice this year with not much luck, only one walleye 16". Trolled raps both times in 10-12 feet of water. This lake is more of a shoreline lake, stick to them and you should be ok. I would toss a jig and minnow, or crankbait to shore and retrieve. Fish the wind and you should soon be eating fish!

Cheers...Josh

Was fishing there on Fri not much action trolling, just 2 small ones

• 1 month later...

hoping to go out this weekend, anyone have a hint of where to start, hoping for some eyes if there are any to be had?

• 2 months later...

heard from a buddy today that they did pretty good last night on the eyes never said the size of them but said that the eyes were really active!! Don't really know the location either cuz I didn't ask!!

I fished on Hanska about 3 weeks ago on a very hot day and the Walleyes were really hammering our bait but they were all way too small to keep. in the 8-10 inch range. We also caught several catfish. The sad part is just like every other lake in this area people will start to keep these fish and they will never get to any size before they are fished out.

• 2 months later...

Looking to maybe head out to hanska on thursday. Wondering if it froze consistantly on the south end by the county park? I am wondering because with the new snow cover it will be hard to tell where the thinner spots might be. I read on the sc forum that there was 4 inches just not sure where on the lake.

I was out there Saturday but not on the south end. We were right off the boat landing north of Godahl. To the west of us there were portables that looked to be in the middle of the lake by the looks of it. We didn't go out much farther than 40 yards from shore.

Sunday really softened the ice, and rain on monday definitely weakend the ice. I would be hard pressed to step out there for a while. The snow will also insulate the ice so it doesn't grow as fast. Take precausions and don't go out there alone.

I was thinking about checking out Hanska for the first time this season tomorrow...Anyone been out there yet? Ice conditions? I will post some info when i get back, but i would like to know a little something before i go out

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard there are so many 6 inch walleyes out there that they get you're bait before you can even attempt to catch the big walleyes.

I was out on Saturday and there was 11 inches of ice by the Indian grounds. Caught a few smalleyes.

I havnt found any maps yet, but I do have a book that has it in it.

DR_Fish - What is the book that has Hanska in it? I've been trying to find a map of that lake for some time and have been unsuccessful.

Went out again on Hanska Saturday morning. Same report - Bunch of small eyes - less than the first few times.

Have heard reports of keeper crappies here and there but it's been hard to get on them.

Think big bait- large shinners if you can find them but chubs work well too- keeps the small ones away- worked last week- 4 2O"PLUS.

Is Hanska still fishable? Was thinking of going out there tonight after work and give it a shot. Will advise any info tomorrow.

Ryan

just got back from the lake and for me one 18 inch eye and all the 10 inch eyes you want.

just cant understand why people are driving full size trucks out there ice is not good for that yet,snowmobile pulling my house was great with the tow bar added.

Was that you I spoke to this morning out there? i was one fool driving a full size truck. i saw other full sized ones so I ventured slowly. Was out there with a co-worker had a green Chevy truck and a blue clam. We caught small eyes and managed a crappie.

yes that was me,moved a few times and found one spot that was aout 6 inchs and there were tracks all over that area so be safe,heading out soon try other parts of the lake.

p.s nice to meet you.

yeah I drilled a few holes and only found 6" under a snow bank. that was after we drove out. needless to say i wont be driving out for awhile again. I'm heading to Alex fishing for the weekend so I wont get back over to Hanska again for awhile.

are there full size trucks on hanska yet? what end of the lake is everyone fishing?

walleye -

Was there about two weeks ago and there were full size trucks out there. Most people are fishing at Geiger's Point (northwest), but some were fishing the south end access as well. Going off the the Godahl access is worth a shot too, but check the ice first because the aerator is nearby.