• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Archerysniper

2010 Turkey pics

Wallydog

I've spent 11 days in the turkey woods already..........

Harvest thus far: 2 in for first time youth hunters, 4 for first time adults, 1 for long time hunting pal. Me ZERO. I still have till 5/25 in ID and OR so I'll likely still get a whack at one. Doing everything but the mechanical part (pulling the trigger) is still a hoot. BUT I still have an itch that needs to be scratched! Statistically it's been a weird year. I've had a total of 41 jakes and only one hangin beard inside of 35 yards.

Here are a few pics

WD

25850_1419240839227_1178831845_31327713_

25620_1435245639337_1178831845_31371877_

25620_1435245679338_1178831845_31371878_

31526_1442836789111_1178831845_31390062_

31526_1442836709109_1178831845_31390060_

31526_1442836909114_1178831845_31390064_

32282_1452446709353_1178831845_31413770_

25620_1435245799341_1178831845_31371881_

2044Mustang

Looks like you've done well to help others, you'll get your long beard. I love the picture from the mountain top looking into the valley. Not something us flatlanders get to see much of. You have a unique blind that I have never seen before (other than your photos), what brand is it?

Good luck!

Wallydog

Mustang,

The blind is genuine autographed model Leroy Braungardt "turkey silo", made in Moscow Mills,MO.

He makes a dozen or so a year. Nothing finer, period.

I'm done..............time has run out (along with my wifes patience) after 5 weekends spent in the turkey woods. I've heard and seen the show plenty of times this spring.

WD

engfish

Wallydog, tell your wife "Thanks" for allowing you the time to hunt, guide, and mentor. Your experiences and pics are an inspiration to all turkey hunters.

Now get busy with that Honeydo List!

grin

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• JBMasterAngler
      Trout/Wabana were really nice lakes, the one and only time I got to fish them 2 years ago. Would love to make it back up there some day. Too many places, too little time!
    • Rick
      Thank you for the report.
    • Wanderer
      I’ve never just canoed the river so I guess I can’t really debate that time estimate.  It’s always been a float/fish trip but casting only, not stopping to really work a deeper hole or anything.   I used to live on the river along that stretch.  About midway between Isanti and St. Francis.
    • Kettle
      Cambridge to St Francis is definitely a long float, Isanti to St Francis not fishing just canoeing takes me about 5-6 hours. If your going solo check out the central park in Andover. You can float solo for about 3 hours and you end up within a 5 minute walk of your vehicle since it twists and turns so much in that stretch. I have not caught many walleye that far south but definitely will get a bass or two 
    • Tominator692
      My soft water season ended Saturday. Landed the boat and need to give it some TLC. I fished everyday in October and boated 304 walleye. Primarily fished my 5 favorite fall spots. Strictly used a jig/minnow.  Lots of nice stuff with a fair amount of smaller fish. To be clear I am a catch and release guy. I probably kept 8 fish. This is a picture of a nice one from my last day out..
    • Wanderer
      We got one gadwall yesterday.  Today duck motivation is low.  Clear sky and zero wind right now.  Going back to bed for a couple hours and then off looking for roosters or grouse.  Whatever works.
    • JerkinLips
      Fished Thursday-Saturday this week and caught only 12 walleyes in 2½ days, half as many as I caught two weeks ago.  Fishing was quite slow for me, and the walleyes were biting very light.  At least this week there were some decent meal size fish as only 2 were dinks along with 3 slot fish.  Caught another 26" walleye pictured, and this one weighed 5#-11oz, 1oz more than the one I caught two weeks ago.  Maybe it was the same fish and added another ounce.  Weather was nice today and it brought out a lot of boats as shown in the second photo.  Fishing wasn't good enough to deal with this crowd so I quit early.  Good luck fishing, and enjoy the fall.
    • monstermoose78
      Had one of those days where I swear those ducks had bullet proof vests on!! Finn laid down after a bit and well my dad sucks!!
    • Wanderer
      Floating those sections of the Rum will take you much longer than you’ll originally think it will.  Be aware of that when you plan your trip.  I’m assuming the water is high right now as most rivers in MN are, so it could go a little quicker.   For example, Isanti to St. Francis will be like 10 hours without slowing down much to fish.  Figure about 1 river mile per hour to be a steady pace for a fishing trip.
    • gunner55
      🤔 He wanted to teach Toto how to catch fish too?