• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2010 Turkey pics

Archerysniper

Well there isn't one started yet so please feel free too post your pics here.

Went and helped my buddy take his bird tonight he had hunted this blind this morning only to have the gobblers make it around him without seeing the but we had also been seeing them strutting on this hill top everynight between 3:30 to 7:00 so we got into the blind at 3:00 for the long wait and it was till about 5 when we heard the first gobble so we got set in the blind and waited ten minutes later a lone hen came out and scratched around at 80 yards just feeding minding her own I would give her some purrs trying to get her to come in because she was between us and the gobbler but she would not at 5:15 he started gobbling like crazy all on his own coming close but he was over a little hill were we could not see him and then you could see that bright white head creast the hill and watch him go full strut once he creasted the hill he was looking towards the hen so I gave him two purrs and he dropped strut looked at the decoys and came in on a string he walked in till about 60 yards and we were shuffeling around in the blind and when i looked up he was running in as fast as he could almost past the decoys spun around and hit full strut again at 15 yards and that is when he got hit with a 3" #5 and feathers were flying. I have heard of buck fever but I have never seen anyony shake so bad in my life as when he was trying to get the crosshairs on that bird.

20.25lbs 11-3/8 beard 1-3/8 1-5/16 spurs

041400184801.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• DonBo

• mrklean

• Archerysniper

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Awsome bird and hunt!

Congrats!!!

Congratulations to you and your buddy. Nice bird. Does that shaking ever stop when a bird is coming in? Last year in Nebraska I was shaking worse than my buddy who was doing the shooting. The bird I shot in Minnesota I saw coming from a couple of hundred yards away so I just looked twice to make sure he was still coming and then stared at the ground in the blind. When I heard him spitting and drumming I knew he was in range. Definitely helped the nerve situation. Can't wait to do it again.

Father in Law connected, claims to have seen 40-50 birds yesterday morning, took 10 minutes for a big tom to run in. Brother in law on the creek brought in another one, game over I guess for them. Excellent bird archerysniper !

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Fonz scored on a dandy tom today.

1z6cpwx.jpg

I got this guy on wednesday morning right before school, i got out to the hunting spot right before dark the night before and roosted him, Set up in the morning about 300 yards away in a field that had been frequently used for a strutting area, i decided this because the weather had been stable lately so i gave it a shot. I got out to the blind around 5:30 and set out the decoys, then at about 5:47 i heard a lot of gobbling, then all the gobbling stopped at around 6:00. This was weird but, at about 6:30 i was looking at my cellphone to see what time it is and a gooble went off about 25 yards behind my blind and i looked out the window and there was 6 big toms strutting around some hens. Then a hen walked up to my blind after crossing through the tree line and started yelping, then the 7-8 hens all came through the tree line and were about 50 yards away. Not to my suprise the toms started funneling out about 5 minutes later. They were all out of my range except for the last one which was angling towards me just enough so it would eventually come into range. It was strutting like crazing and dancing around while coming towards my decoys. It was now at 40 yards and it went into strutting mode again so i gave it some loud yelps and it stuck its head up. BOOM, had 1 1/8 inch spurs, 10 1/2 inch beard, and it weighed 23.5 lbs

[img:center]2010_0414Image0002.jpg

[img:center]2010_0414Image0003.jpg

Very nice bird and an exciting hunt I'm sure. When you have that many hens for the toms to perform for it gets exciting I'm sure.

Congrats on the birds everyone we are now 3 for 3 on shots but had one getaway on sat. My buddy brought his son out and got his bird this morning.

19.5# 9" beard and 7/8" and 5/8" spurs.

downsized950419001533.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Posting for my brother and his fiancee, not sure if he's been on the forum lately.

Both were shot over in Wisconsin this past week. His is 24lb taken with the bow in a blind, hers is 26lb taken with a shotgun. I forgot the beard and spur lengths. Good stories for both, maybe he will come by later to share. smile

Ash.jpg

AshLauren.jpg

SHot this gobbler 2 weekends ago in Central MN. 10 inch beard 1 inch spurs. My first turkey after 3 years of chasin them. Used my Elk Mountain Gear Slip system to slip in and get the shot on this spot and stalk hunt.

SDC10064.jpg

And the descent back. We were hunting on the top of an Oak ridge.

SDC10087.jpg

Nice bird ac777!

Back from zone 349D, both my brother and I filled our tags on public land. Not many hunters were around at all. Was kinda strange.

I got mine by hearing a hen yelp in the dark and I managed to sneak up into a big roosted flock, had birds all over above me and didn't know it til they woke up. One spotted me after a while and they all got nervous, a bunch flew across the valley, my jake came in range and I saw a nice beard so I shot him since I figured it would be tough hunting based on other reports I had heard. Was a good choice it turns out. His beard was 4 3/4", which is why I figured he was maybe more than a jake at first. He rolled a good 60 yards down the steep hill into drainage below and there was a trail of feathers. He looked like [PoorWordUsage].

For my brother's bird we walked a long ways get. We figured since they weren't responding to calls we would locate one on the private fields and try to either call or ambush one as it left the fields. We found a nice group of 5 jakes and 1 hen a long ways out, and watched two big gobblers come up and attack the jakes and steal the hen. They went over a hill so we took a long walk to get around to hopefully catch them. It worked, but I think maybe we found a different set of birds. We heard them gobble a couple times as we circled around, so it wasn't a completely blind luck deal. As we came up a logging road that went up to the field two big gobblers saw our movement and were watching us from about a hundred yards out, I saw them though and we froze like trees and they didn't run. A third came to join as well. One I guess thought we were a hen or something, and after a long 30+ minute standoff he actually came off the field and into the public woods right to us. My brother shot him at about 15 yards, had to wait longer than I expected because a lot of branches were in front of him. Was a great time, probably won't repeat a shot like that.

IMG_0015.JPG

My brother needs lessons on how to use a camera I think... Not a single decent photo, oh well, bird looked like hell anyway. wink

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Well after dealing with the gail force winds yeasterday and a easy chip shot passed on a bigger bird because thier was a huge one behind it today I help get him his first bird. I had him in my double bull matrix with me because it has more room and shooting options and I was the camera man with his dad in a blind along side us. We heard a few gobbles until they left the roost then they were quiet at 7:30 we have a hen in the decoys and the kid was sleeping didn;t think I needed to wake him up for her and let him sleep. At 7:45 we have a gobble right in front of us about 70 yards away in the trees so I wake him up and get the blind ready for were the birds went through yesterday and I start giving a few soft purs and waiting for him to step out then I hear his dad say there are 2 jakes in the decoys wich were at 5 yards they snuck in from behind us and didn't make a noise so as he's folding up the chairs I'm closing windows on the one side and tell him to get ready as soon as I slide my windows open they are right thier and starting to spook and move away so they are at 28 yards now and I tell him to take the bird on the right and he takes his time as his head was bobbing and makes a perfect shot and drops him on the spot. The only bad thing is it happened so fast that I never had time to get the camera rolling but got to enjoy him getting his first bird along with his father.

5 inch beard

3/8 spurs and 15.5 Lbs

0502100927a.jpg

Nice birds fellas...

I watched this guy strut in the field I shot him in 3 mornings in a row at 7:00....he came right in on que with 3 ladies on my season C opener at 6:48...he beat the snot out of my PB and got a face full of #4s....it's been a LONG time since I had a plan work flawlessly!

28lbs

1.25" hooks on both sides

9 inch beard

img4907j.jpg

img4970.jpg

downsized0424001244b.jpg

Tschida boys, way to go! I'll have to hear the whole story sometime...

Archery, guess you had a good BDay then huh? (any cake left?)

Shoot2, what a stud! Hope you're gonna mount that bad boy. I've never taken one that big (snit, who has?) in 30 years of turkey hunting.

It's always nice when a plan comes together. That's a stud bird for sure - congrats!