• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Grand Rapids Area Lodging Locator (Specials Too)!

Rick

Please Click here for the Grand Rapids Area Resort Locator

Any Resort, Lodge or Motel/Hotel Owner may post their Resort or Lodging Openings here for FREE - Click Here or use it if you are looking to book a stay.

Feel Free to E-mail this post to your favorite Resort, Lodge. Hotel or Motel Owner/Manager using the e-mail link below. They can post their ad for FREE.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• imhatz
      agreed flies not bad. The cool nights and the wind knocked them down. fishing not bad water temps between 61 and 64 on Sand Point
    • Daniel Hayes
      Yeah, circle hooks is all i use, as I don't pay close attention all the time.  Thanks for the replies.🤙🤙tight line!!
    • Squirt
      Thank you @chucker1101.  I have a short motor. Good ol 2 stroke so I can get in close.  I will post results. Took the motor on a test run today, so getting ready
    • KidMoe
      I agree on circle hooks, just remember you don’t need to set the hook hard just pull tight. When we go up to LOTW and fish in Canada you can’t bring in live bait so these use soda water instead. If that helps you feel better about killing your cut bait
    • Rick
      Welcome to FM @burgoyne.   BBs advice is great. There are quite a few here who fish the area.   I'm guessing someone will be along shortly who can help you out.   Have fun and be sure to get some oics to show us how it's going.
    • chucker1101
      work the area between Daisy and Banana Island, it's near where you're at. There are three hazard markers there, just be careful with your lower unit   There are plenty of Pike spots in Daisy Bay - study the map and follow the wind. 8-10' breaklines where the wind is blowing into. Look for mid-lake structure that support Ciscos and Perch.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Franconia or Somerset landings. Quite a bit of fishable shoreline at both spots. Boomsite wayside is fishable too, but there’s always way too many people down there, and too much boat traffic for my liking. 
    • ozzie
      Got a report that my Father inlaw was out on the chain to see what he could find for Walleyes and said he landed a 18" and a 27.5" on the westside of the chain before the storms were rolling in.  I hadn't talked to him but in this particular area I know we usually will use jigging raps instead of live bait due to the fact that the perch devour any live bait you put down.
    • Barbelboy
      Welcome to MN! While i'm not familiar with the Eagan area I would suggest using the MN DNR recreation compass. https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass/index.html  some searching on the link above will not only provide you fish creel surveys, but lake maps and water clarity reports. I've spent countless hours cyber scouting lakes. Good luck!
    • Barbelboy
      yeah, with larger suckers i just pre-cut the bait and keep in a little cooler so it stays fresh. I usually use a treble hook and chicken liver, but when i use cut bait a circle hook is my go to. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.