• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Mille Lacs Lake Lodging Locator (Specials Too)!

Rick

Check the Banners above 1st

then

Please Click here for the Mille Lacs Lake Resort Locator

Then go to this post:

Sponsor Openings and Rental Availability thread

Any Resort, Lodge or Motel/Hotel Owner may post their Resort or Lodging Openings here for FREE - Click Here or use it if you are looking to book a stay.

Feel Free to E-mail this post to your favorite Resort, Lodge. Hotel or Motel Owner/Manager using the e-mail link below. They can post their ad for FREE.

MinnesotaFishingResorts.com - Mille Lacs Lake

Fishing Minnesota Resorts Locator

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• jigginjim
      Nice walleye, I have caught several walleyes while fishing crappies. If there are smaller 4-6 inch crappies around there will be Walleyes not far away.  Lately several guys I have chatted with claim they see crappies on the Vex's but they won't bite.  I wonder if those are really shiners?  As there are lots of shiners in Buffalo lake, and several other lakes here in central Mn, have large amount of shiners roaming the lakes.  I use minnows in several different areas,  and sizes can make a difference as well.  If the crappies are biting good, even fatheads will work and take the bigger ones at that. if it's slow smaller minnows, down to a size 16 trout bug on a drop shot.
    • ozzie
      been there a time or 2 Cret!  hope your back is feeling better!!
    • jigginjim
      I had a cheaper unit I would leave out to save time fishing, not like it cost me a lot of money. Once it was banked up, it was well worth leaving it on the lake, saved about 30 minutes banking time and drilling holes.
    • jigginjim
      Sounds good, going up on Wednesday, fishing through Saturday. Would like to get a good mixed bag of fish.  May bring some 7-up & butter, for the pout.  bring lots of Jigs, spoons and other baits.  It has been a fews years since my last trip to LOTW,  been hitting lots of other lakes.
    • jigginjim
      Just all depends on your choice of area, which access you go out from?  Been a while since I was out there chasing the fish around.  Although the tullies, do sound like lots of fun.    
    • AlwaysFishing23
      Here’s part two of this post I guess! Got out with my older brother this morning.  Headed north to a area neither of us have really been to before. To our surprise we both limited on some dandy pike (spearing) in a couple hours! Was a great time and ended with some good eats! Great weather as well other than the front moving through. Over all we seen a very good amount of fish but they weren’t super aggressive today with the cold front rolling through. Ooh yeah if anyone was wondering area.... BLA. 
    • monstermoose78
      I release all gills over 8 inches and I release most fish i catch. The photo was of one of a few nice ones released today. I was able to chat with some young guys who were impressed with the number of fish I was catching. They all asked why I was not keeping all of the gills and I said I only keep them when I am going to eat them as they are best fresh. I also explained the importance of release bug bluegills and to eat those 7-8 inchers. Both you guys said that make sense and both said they would release the big gills from now on.
    • mrpike1973
      Fished several NE Wright county lakes got on some really nice bass with panfish jigs the smaller the better. Had a flurry for about half hour many largemouth caught. Then did a night bite for the crappies It really pays to move around. Also learned from some on the MInnow or not to minnow thread to upsize I used a small forage minnow spoon with 3-4 spikes that really was the ticket. Thanks all for the help everyone. The fish seem to me to be just starting to move a bit shallower with the warmer weather coming this weekend it should just get better. Most of the fish were in 12-17 feet of water.
    • Jasopete
      Yes we made one trip into Little Johnson, planned on spending the day up there and had a thunderstorm move in around 3pm, got out of there pretty quick as it was a 45 minute boat ride back. Caught a bunch of Smallies up there but no Walleye.  We will hit Little Johnson harder this May when we go.
    • Dan85
      I fished Dog many years ago. All it had at the time were small crappies. But population seemed pretty good. Always caught fish. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.