• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team #5

Archerysniper

Good job man and i second nice photo. So you still have more tags to fill? Good luck keep up the good work

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Archerysniper

• 2044Mustang

• Cheetah

• FrontenacPike

As far as I know we are the first place team now with 2 birds down, way to go guys.

Both of my uncles still have tags. Brian has to work this week, so it will be just me and Neil the next couple days. Will hunt through Wednesday morning if we have to. We have some good flocks located.

Mustang any luck yet these birds are really tough it like hunting them in june everything is 3 weeks early.

Are we missing a team mate or did I miss Jake pettet sigh in.

Just got back, scored a big boy on Sunday. 25 #'s 10 3/4" beard, 1 1/16" spurs. I have all the paperwork filled out and pictures, I just have to see if I still know my photobucket account info. Yes I agree they were tough, my dad hunted up until this morning,(then we packed up camp and came home) seeing birds but he couldn't get anything to commit. I was lucky on mine. I'll have to post the story with pics. 3 birds down for Team 5!!

Congrats on the huge bird if you have problems let me know here and you can email them to me and I can post them for you

Thanks sniper, I got them up on the contest page. Story is short cause it happened fast.

Wind was blowing 15-25 mph, couldn't hear a gobble in the am. I was watching down the edge of the wood line where I thought birds might come from and all of a sudden I hear a fighting pur, I look over and this big boy is towering over my pretty boy decoy. I don't know if he saw me move or if he figured something was wrong and he started to walk away. I grabbed my gun (i was in a blind) and shot him about 25 yards out. My biggest bird ever. Some photos below.

2010Turkey007.jpg

2010Turkey010.jpg

Good luck to the rest of you guys yet to hunt, lets keep them coming! They were definately tough in C season. I hunted with my dad and this was the first time he's never gotten a bird.

Hunt hard but enjoy your time in the woods. It's a beautiful time of year!

Great bird and picks I just scored all the birds submited so far and as a team score with 3 birds we have a score of 164.75. Your bird scores out at 69 even cheetahs was 40.25 and frontenac's bird was 55.5 we are the only team with multiple birds registered and the closest team is #3 with 58.5625 now we can only hope to hold on to the lead it only takes one bird with multiple beards and good hooks to take the lead away.

Thanks, I feel real lucky to get this bird, my dad spent a lot of time in the field the last 5 days and while had sightings nothing with a beard closer than 70 yrds. They were definately tough to get close too for some reason this year.

Good luck to all!

From what you guy's are going through right now I really don't even know how it's going to be on the 14th I have taken them before that late in the season but with this warm weather really don't know what to expect I'm seeing fewer and fewer birds ever day out in the fields but I do have my sights set on two big tom's that were strutting for 5 hours on one of the properties that I hunt yesterday.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

All it takes is one.

Nice bird! Gotta love when they appear out of nowhere, had a few flocks do that to me the last few days, I'm apparently good at looking like a tree/rock standing in the wide open. smile

Went out today to do some filming and help my buddy get his first bird. The wind was brutal today the tom's weren't gobbling but they did come through had hens in and out of the decoys all day got some great video of a tom that came into 3 yards and had a stare down with the jake decoy, he was a adult bird full tail fan and good spurs but must have had beard rought because it was only 2 inches long so he pass we had a bigger one that stayed in the thick stuff and didn't offer a clear shot. Also got some video of a hen that went and nested close by on a fence line. Maybe tomorrow will be his day the winds are suppose to stay down till noon. Also had a rude awakening at 10 this morning I was taking a nap when a gust of wind pulled the stakes on my blind and it flipped over and flipped me over in the chair.

My brother and I just got back from southern MN today. I shot a jake on Saturday morning, and my brother got a nice gobbler today (Sunday). It was tough hunting, nothing would respond to us, just walk away. I'll post the story in the 2010 Turkey Pics thread.

We got a jake this morning also will post picks and story in the pick thread.

Happy Birthday ArcherySniper!

Do we have anyone left who is still going out and hasn't taken a bird?

My season starts May 14th Archery tag so I have more time to hunt then the normal 5 days. We also had someone not check in.

Since you guys had a no show I'm adding summit090706 who will be hunting starting tonight.

Good Luck!

Hello Team 5.....Hope I can help. Was out yesterday and saw 2 but no shot. My dad on the other hand shot a nice bird with a 10 1/2 inch beard (out of my blind). I sat in that blind this morning and they were all where I sat last night. Going to give it a try again tonight and will update you guys.

Bradley

Welcome to the team summit hopefully you and I can put down birds.

Team, well I was not much help. Saw lots of hens and a few toms far away but could not get the drop on one. Thanks for allowing me to jump in with you guys. Hope to be able to do this again next year....good luck to everyone else....

More importantly I hope you had a good time while out hunting, cause that's what it's all about. better luck next year.

Well I just got permission to hunt a farm in harris were I help my friends kid take his jake on the 2nd that was the only bird taken off the farm one other person hunted a day or 2 out there and didn't get one so from the scouting I did for him him I had counted 2 jakes one has been divided into dinner sized portions, one tom with about a 8 inch beard one tom with beard wrought he's heavy but only about a 3 inch beard nice spurs I got him on video during the kids hunt at 5 yards pushing the half strut jake decoy, and one monster Tom with the beard dragging and really heavy. Last year the took a 27# and a 30# tom of this property so I have my fingers crossed the weather looks good and I have the first 4 days to hunt all day any time I can make it out during the week I will the only days I know I can't make it out will be the 22nd and 23rd I will be mentoring a women on her first archery turkey hunt for becoming a outdoor women.