• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Team # 7 TOMINATORS????

Sorgy

I would definitely looking hard at that ATV trail especially if you know the general pattern that they have been using. If you can see tracks, droppings, dust baths on that trail it would just make it that much sweeter. Definitely worth spending some time and checking it out. Good luck.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bmc

• rbs

• Sorgy

• goblueM

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. guys. My dad and I picked up 2 more farms to hunt thanks to a friend of a friend. I'm all packed up and ready to head out this afternoon. 2 days ago there was a tom strutting in his driveway w/ 3 hens.

Let the games begin!!!!

Brian

Guy's,

I had a terrible hunt tired The first morning accross the field I hunt is a block of woods. Tom's gobbled the first morning and from then on I never heard a gobble anywhere sick I was out each and every morning and well into mid day for 4 days of the hunt covering differnt ground- I saw lots of hens, Had some nice interaction with a few and other than that nothing. I figured with all the hens around a tom or two - even a jake would have been nice to see on the properties I was hunting. My biggest disapointment was that my daughter did not see a tom or hear a gobble cry

Good Luck to the rest of the guy's

Steve

well i got out and patterned my gun this weekend, dragged out all the gear to take a look.

we're leaving thurs morning to go down and talk to landowners before hunting friday. hope the birds down in 349 are still active smile

what a weird year of weather, im not sure what to expect. should have a solid 4 days to hunt all day every day though.

good luck to those who haven't hunted yet!

Good Luck I hope you have great weather for your hunt.

I took a little guy out Friday and Saturday morning. Only one gobble on Friday and no birds showed up in the rain. Glad we were in a blind! Saturday they were gobbling all around us but nothing would come closer then 100yds. I tried my best to get him a bird but they would not commit. I am sure they were henned up and when you have a 9yr old you really can't just run and gun. Oh well I told him I would take him next year if he wished. He said he had alot of fun!

I couldn't get it done either boys........ However, I did call in a 17# jake w/ a 4" beard for my dad. It was his first time turkey hunting and his first bird......luck son of a gun! LOL I'm 0 for 4 including this season. I'm gonna post up a hunt diary w/ pics of our hunt on a seperate thread so stay tuned.

Brian

Brian, sorry your luck is still not there. Good job getting the ol man a bird though. Feels good to give some of that back after all they did for us when we were young huh?

well i just got back from my hunt. got a nice bird, i'll post pics and a story tomorrow sometime

right now i'm putting the gear away and getting ready for a 430 am wakeup to go trout fishing...madness i tell you! ha

Alright, here goes (long story!)

We'd gotten the runaround by a big gobbler on Friday evening. We'd call, he wouldn't come, then we'd sneak down the ridge where he was, and he'd gobble back from where we had just been.We ended up roosting him and I went out the next morning at 430. He gobbled til 7 AM, then went the other way.

Come about 3 PM, I'm still sitting against my hay bale, and getting tired of it. I hadn't seen or heard any birds since about 7. Then mr. longbeard comes out of the field edge about 200 yards down to my right. I oriented my gun and got all set, then called. Of course, a hen responds, then ends up approaching from behind me to about 5 yards, then busts me and putts all the way up the ridge. The longbeard is gone. I'm super bummed, but I figured I would call back at the hen, then used my gobble call. About 15 minutes later, I look over and see a big ol' red head poking up out of the hay field on my left. He must have gone into the woods and circled around. I re-orient myself and get ready. He's very alert and suspicious, and takes about 10 minutes to get within 40 yards, where he hangs up. I decided I'd had enough and pulled the trigger. He goes down, cartwheels downhill a couple times, and doesn't move. I get up, stretch, then head over to collect him. When I'm about 10 yards away, all of a sudden he pops up and he takes off flying!

He flies about 100 yards over the property line, within sight of the owner's house in the valley. The owner is NOT friendly to hunters. I leave my gun and cross the fence to go try to find him. I see a trail of feathers then a tail fan sticking up awkwardly. Great, I think. "he crashed hard and died". I sneak up and am about to grab him when his head shoots up and looks at me. He starts running/flying away again. I dove and just brushed the tip of his tail, adn he's off again. This time he went about 50 yards. I snuck around the long way to pin him against some brush if he ran, then sllooooowly approached. He was JUST getting ready to take off again and I dove on him. Let me tell you, they are STRONG birds! I got a coupla spurs and nail marks as I wrestled him down.

So there you have it... always take your gun to make sure he's dead smile

P5150147.jpg

Quote:
I got a coupla spurs and nail marks as I wrestled him down.

You're my hero! Awesome well-deserved bird - congrats!

You're my hero! Awesome well-deserved bird - congrats!

Couldn't have said it any better. Sweet!

Awesome story! Wish I would have been there to video tape that one....would have made a very funny video! Congrats man!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats!