• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Please Pray for my newborn daughter - Final Update

My Daughter Madison was born 4 weeks and 2 days Premature and had breathing complications that caused the doctor at the Monticello Hospital to have her air lifted to Minneapolis Childrens Hospital. please say a prayer for her that her lungs may fully develope and heal.

I would like to thank everyone in advance.

Brad B.

those catfish will still be there when all this is over, had my little guy there 6 weeks and can tell you madison is in good hands. take care bud!

Both of my boys were born a little over 3 weeks early thankfully didn't have that particular complication but they both spent time in neonatal ..........my prayers are with you

What makes it so bad for me is the fact that my son who will be 4 now in july had the same issues when he was born. he was at St Paul Childrens for 17 days. he was born 5 weeks and 2 days premature. atleast my daughter made it one more week then he did. So I am only one of a handful that I know of that has had children in both of the Childrens Hospitals NICU units.

Thanks Again Everyone,

Brad

Thoughts and prayers with you also. Wish you and your family the best and congrats on the new born!! I have a 17 month old daughter and let me tell ya she has dad wrapped around all her little fingers!!!

Ripper!!

Prayers sent buddy, your daughter will be just fine. She is definitely in the right place!!!

Quote:
Please Pray for my newborn daughter

Definitely Brad B. smile

I hope all goes well and everything should be just fine.

UPDATE : She is doing about the same as last night. they have lowered her oxygen percentage down to 27% (room air is 21%)on the ventilator but they do turn it back up when they work on her because her oxygen saturation falls too low because she gets stressed easily. I got to hold her for the first time tonight and it could not of been a better feeling.

Thanks Again Everyone,

Brad

Madison is now off the ventilator. The prayers are working.

Thanks Again Everyone,

Brad B

congrats on the new addition!!! sounds like things are going in the right direction!!!! your family is definatly in my thoughts.......

Your daughter and your family will be in our familys thouhts and prayers.

Thanks Elwood. It was nice that I got to meet you at the cool cats get together.

Madison is still making good progress. The goal for her is to hopefully be home by the week of April 5th. This will totally be up to her as to how long she will be there. At this time there has not been any setbacks and hopefully it will stay that way.

Thanks Again Everyone,

Brad

Prayers sent your way, I hope the improvements continue.

I have often said that we always appreciate the outdoors we enjoy in Minnesota, but sometimes we overlook we have a great medical community right here close to home. I am thankful those type of facilities are right here.

DD

Prayers sent your way, I hope the improvements continue.

I have often said that we always appreciate the outdoors we enjoy in Minnesota, but sometimes we overlook we have a great medical community right here close to home. I am thankful those type of facilities are right here.

DD

DD you couldn't be more right on that one.

as for a update Madison is to the point where she is doing to good to stay in the NICU much longer and the doctors are thinking of transfering her over to the ICC Unit next door to the NICU until she is good enough to go home. for that to happen she will need to be off the oxygen completely(hopefully in the next couple days) and be able to take her feeding completely from a bottle without the need to use the syringe and pump that she has now. Then all that is left is to make sure she can hold her own body heat without extra help of a warmer.

Thanks Again Everyone for you Prayers It means a lot to me,

Brad

Brad,

I just logged in and saw your post. I'm sure everything will be fine, won't belong and she will be chaseing you around the estate. Our thoughts are with you, K.

I don't know from Adam, But as a fellow daddy, member and human, My prayers go out to you and your family. Glad to see that Madison's health is progressing.

Mpls children's is a great hospital with an incredible staff.

Prayers go out from the entire BigDog family.

And from one dad to another, it won't be long before she'll have Daddy wrapped around her little finger. Enjoy your little girl while she is small. smile

Madison is now out of the NICU and is in the ICC unit until she comes home. She continues to make good progress. Hopefully she is on track still to maybe come home sometime during the week of April 5th if all goes well.

Congrats on the little one and that she is doing good before you know it she will be running around and causeing trouble it is a very scary experiance but the doctors are good and know what they are doing. I was in your shoes also my daughter was born at 29 weeks or 11 weeks early at 1 pound 12 ounces so the size of a 24 week she spent almost 3 months in the nicu and had a few set backs but is now 4-1/2 and has had no problems since we left the hospital so like I said the time will fly so enjoy everyday.

Thanks Archerysniper. It is bad enough that my daughter was born at 35 weeks and 2 days but I can't imagine what it was like for your daughter to be born at only 29 weeks. I will say thou that I am greatful for our modern medical technology we have. I also say that unless someone has been in your shoe they don't know how it really is to deal with this kind of stuff. I also find that it does help to talk with people that have went through it themselves. It is also nice to know that even if there are people you don't know and you ask for prayer requests that they are there to offer support and well wishes So with that I would like to say to everyone that has read this thread THANK YOU and I am Forever Greatful to you all.

Brad B

• 3 weeks later...

Madison has gotten completely well now and will be leaving the hospital today. We didn't make the April 5th goal but this is still good. It will be nice to no longer have to make the trip back and forth to minneapolis to visit her. With that I would like to say Thank you to everyone that has read this thread and I will be forever greatful for all the thoughts and prayers.

A big Thanks Again from myself and my family,

Brad B.