• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA brakets

cbrooks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Steve Foss

• PierBridge

As I said, UND, average team.

Do you think these kids try to hard in the WCHA tourny. Do they give it their all and not have anything left? Youd think they could bounce back in no time.

I might be reaching here. They just didnt put much of an effort. Just like Denver and Wisc.

Yeah, I agree. Yale deserved the win. I don't even have an excuse. The biggest surprise was how pyshical Yale was and UND would be caught standing around not chasing the puck. It just wasn't there day.

I don't agree that there an average team. They just didn't play there best game.

If Bemidji gets to be on the powerplay 8 out of 20 minutes in a period they really gotta get a stinkin goal! Finally started swarming and were outplaying Michigan towards the end of the period but yet to tally!

Tough to give up a LATE goal to Michigan giving them momentum. Going to take 3 to win for Bemidji... Not looking good with only 20 to play.

Wisconsin up 1 to 0 early

As I said, UND, average team.

Ummm, no. WCHA champs, average team? No. I think the Gophers were "average," if you will. Average teams don't get as far as UND did. Or Alaska, or Denver, or any other team that lost in this round.

A person can call a rival "average," but one doesn't need to drink that KoolAid. Anyway, the Sioux absolutely did not deserve to win tonight. If they need a reason to explain them heading home to Grand Forks, they only need to look in the mirror. Yale skated faster, won the overall battle for the puck and were physical all night long. They wanted it more and they played better, so they were the better team. They won er far and squar.

Bemidji had way too many powerplays to not capitalize on more of them. Kinda down before they even started. Hate to say it, but it may be a while before they get back to a tournament!

OK, I missed all the action, so who's in the final 4, or are we still waiting for teams, I cannot get any games on charter.

I went 2-6 in the 8 first round games in my bracket. There isn't a team left in it that I want to watch anymore. I guess I will tune in to the championship game just for the hockey but that is all for me. I am done. Time to get the boat ready and head back up to the Rainy.

OK, I missed all the action, so who's in the final 4, or are we still waiting for teams, I cannot get any games on charter.

No one knows yet. There are still a few games to be played. wink

worst sioux record since 2001, im going to have to call it average. or maybe below average for the sioux.

the wcha is not showing up the way i thought. Its kind of embarassing. I want cloud to win, but I think the Wisc is the one that could win it all.

worst sioux record since 2001, im going to have to call it average. or maybe below average for the sioux.

Yikes, I didn't know we had an historian in our midst. I was just talking about this season. What a callow youth I am. gringrin

Originally Posted By: knoppers

No one knows yet. There are still a few games to be played. wink

RIT beat New Hampshire this afternoon so they are the first team in. They will play the UW-St. Cloud winner. UW up 2 with under 10 to go.

Yale-BC and Miami-Michigan play tomorrow for the other two spots.

I am not even on the midst, I am right here, on a saturday night. Ah man.. I need to find a new hobby. Lakes please open up early so i dont have to type again for 7 months.

Looks like the WCHA has on paper, the easiest way to the championship game. Hopefully WCHA can do it. Whats RIT the 14th maybe 15th ranked team. they are last years Bemidji.

By the way I would call the Gophers below average this year. And yes average teams do make the tournament.

Welcome to the future of college hockey, tons of parity and no easy games. Looking back was Holy Cross over MN that much of an upset, I mean sure it was an upset or maybe just the sign of thigns to come. Look at all the upsets over the past 5 years, not to mention very close 1 vs 4 matchups and low seeds in OT against the best of the best. Not to long ago getting a #1 seed was almost a bye, not the case any more.

The NHL is skimming off the top and the talent gap has clearly narrowed betweent he haves and the have nots. It makes for some interesting hockey that is for sure, if you don't bring your A game you will be sorry.

Valid Bear, good points. the WCHA is loosing players. And loosing em when they are young. Seniority wins games down the stretch. Hopefully my prediction of Wisconsin pans out. Not too often I pick the Badgers. Thats ok though, only 6 canadians, and a good amounts of Mins and hometowners.

Got to pull for the last wcha team. I think bear is right on. You don't get a class to stay four years in the WCHA that much anymore. I don't know about the other leagues in college hockey. Go Wisconsin.

Too bad my team lost, I thought this was there year. Still really bum out about it. It was still a successful year for them. They look like they weren't gonna make the final five at one point. It still blows my mind how each season result are so simular. They have to find away to get over the hump. They always had the talent. The last 6 or 7 years they had a team good enough to take the whole tourament. Its tough too complain when year in and year out they have had these great teams. If someone told me 7 years ago we would make every NCAA tourament I would be happy with that. I wouldn't doubt they will make the next seven NCAA touraments but they have to at least win it all one of those years. There's always next year. Its time to take out some of this fustration on some early season geese. Go Sioux.

I think all goals that Yale scored were preventable...first one was tipped and slowly flipped through Eidsness. 2nd goal- 3 forwards go to the bench, one needs to take the extra step of the shift to back check but they looked really tired so maybe still a goal there. 3rd goal- Really irriated me... Eidsness needs to get back to the post side, this is something where goaltenders need to realize they need to get back quick because goals like that that are not uncommon. Yale deserved it anyway, they were fast and strong. Sioux made it exciting in the 3rd, They looked like the team they were at the Final 5 in that period...only come up short.

Go Wisconisn!

Well, lets hope for a Badger win to advance to the final. I'd really like to see the WCHA take it again. It's obvious RIT is no easy opponent, but you have to think their luck will run out at some point.

This is just embarrassing for the WCHA. I am really not looking forward to all the trash talk that i am going to hear on next years BTnetwork coverage.

Is the league not as good as I thought. Or is this a bad showing.

If Denver was our best team, looks like the only non WCHA ranked teams they beat were Vermont, and they split with them. And they beat BC.

Wisconsin, our number 2 team, swept New Hamshire, split with Michigan and tied Yale.

NoDak our #3 tied Miami and split with Cornell.

St Cloud our #4, Didnt beat anybody and was swept by Miami.

Did we have our blinders on or something. I thought the WCHA was going to have a huge impact. I watched these others teams play this year and they looked weak.

Maybe the WCHA isnt what it used to be. We need the Gophs and Sioux to rebound. THe Sioux can make the 4 and the Gophs can just take the hole thing.

The monkey is off our backs!!!!!!

This is redemption day!!!!

Go Huskies!!!

AGREEEEEEDDDDD!!!!! We may have lost to WI but I'm glad to be rid of that monkey.

High scoring game between Yale and Boston College tonight with Boston winning it 9-7!

Michigan and Miami are 15 min in their OT #1