• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Navionics chip question

Sutty

Question

Hey guys, I have been a lakemaster guy for a while. I am looking at picking up a navionics chip and have a question. Is this years regular hotmaps chip last years premium chip?

7 answers to this question

someone can correct me if im wrong, but i believe this years card, 2010 is there premium card, i just ordered one from a site sponsor, pro fishing supply, and am getting a 2010 version.Dave over at the above mentioned site can answer all your Questions.

You can buy either a hotmaps chip or a premium hotmaps, or a platinum chip. As you go up in levels you get more lakes and perhaps more. With a little searching I have found the normal retail on the premium is about 140ish and the regular go from 100-120 or so. I have not found a historical list of lakes to compare years but my suspicion is that they just take last years premium and turn it into a normal hotmap chip and the new lakes get added to create the premium. I believe the platinum gives you ocean stuff.

The Navionics chip has a lot more lakes in several states. The Lakemaster chips are a little less expensive and if you fish MN lakes exclusively I believe the MN Lakemaster chip will have more lakes done than the Navionics.

We must not have any Navionics experts on staff since nobody seems to be able to answer my question wink

Hey guys, I have been a lakemaster guy for a while. I am looking at picking up a navionics chip and have a question. Is this years regular hotmaps chip last years premium chip?

I'm not an expert on Navionics, but it is my understanding that you are correct.

How does this chip compare to the Lake Master?

The Nav chip will have different maps in High Deff... you really have to look at the area you fish. I have the Nav chip for the sole reason it has many lakes in WI on it too, which I fish quite a bit.

I have a navonics but it is from 2007. I fish a bunch of lakes and the only one I did not have the map for was Pelican outside Albertville. Bet I fished over 100 different lakes between Mn and Wisconsin and all the lakes were there. Problem is that the chip is so full and the H2O series takes awhile to refresh when moving or zooming. I believe with Lake master you run it all the time where is navonics you have to go into menu to activate it by region and then you loose roads and other land marks you would normally have. Not a big deal for me. I use it for finding and marking spots and most important is leaves me lines to show me how to get back off the lake.