• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ricqik

anderson bay

ricqik

seems like everytime i go out there, no one fished this bay.... looks like a prime spot that's over looked.. i'm not talking by the mouth area, i mean in the bay itself.

hunt4food

It's too shallow to consistently hold any fish. People have tried fishing up there but no luck. Pretty weedy too.

SteveD

The ice up in the north end of Andersen Bay has been a little unpredictable the last couple of years. I've been told that Andersen Windows has a warm water discharge up in the north end that makes the ice unpredictable plus they have a bubbler going on their boat dock. Just go to the boat ramp up in the bay and you can see how the ice is kind of screwed up. If you stay to the east shore you may find some good ice but I just stay away from there now.

The bay itself holds fish and it is a mixed bag. I liked fishing it because you had about 12 feet or so of water and my underwater camera worked good up in there.

hunt4food

Yes. They do post thin ice signs all the way across the bay. They have a steam plant that is dumping warm water into the bay up there so the ice never gets anywhere near as thick. They have 5 dock aerators running too in order to protect their boat dock and covered slip from being damaged by the ice. In my opinion it's not worth the risk to go up there since the fishing has never been very good in the winter.

ricqik

so a few wks ago i decide to shore fish the open water portion where anderson has it's discharge, anyways, sunnies galore for the kids.. well, cop showed up, kicked me out. said i can't park there.... hmm

SteveD

You can park in the Excel Energy King Plant fishing parking area and walk across the road and down to the location you talked about. It is a little bit of a walk but then you won't have any parking issues.

DonBo

You should be able to park right at the Bayport Beach area. I'm assuming you were in the marina area?

SteveD

You should be able to park right at the Bayport Beach area. I'm assuming you were in the marina area?

I think he was fishing up in the north end of the bay near the warm water discharge.

ricqik

yeah, i was there. there's "no parking" signs posted on the curves of the road but the straight sections rn't posted, that's where i've always parked so does everyone else. have always parked there's for over 2 decades n no prob with any officer or co's. until now. that cop was an azz anyways, with attitude, prob didn't like me fishing bcuz he's at work n not fishing.

StillwaterAaron

The officers are sick of the residents calling in all the time and complaining! It is sad that the few places we can shore fish are getting harder every year to use.