• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nick Blackburn

Scott K

Quote:
Nick Blackburn has agreed to a four year, $14 million dollar deal with the Twins.

The deal also include a club option for 2014 at $8 million. This isn't the deal Twins fans hoped would be announced Sunday(rumors of a Joe Mauer deal had been circulating), but it's a reasonably priced deal for one of the Twins' most consistent pitchers--Blackburn has made more than 30 starts in both of the last two seasons.

That's a good deal. He's certainly not a #1 starter, but a good consistent part of the rotation. Looks like the right deal, the right amount of money, and the right length.

good for him. Hes a good player, and i hope he has a good year for the twins this year!

ya, thats a big time thing that needs to be done. I think blackburn is going to have a outstanding season!

Good deal for the twins. I like blackburn alot...not a #1 starter, but can be a good #2.

Great deal, now if he can start the season the way he pitches in big games! He excels in big game situations.

Isn't slowey going to be the #1? Then I would assume blackburn at #2 and pavano at #3 (or vice versa).

I'm surprised the Twins didn't lock up Slowey, too. I suppose they need to see how he bounces back from injury.

i'd be surprised if they didnt break up all the righties with liriano in the 3 spot at some point, especially with the way he has supposedly been throwing.

Finally the Twins are being smart. Nice to see. Too bad they did not figure that out when we still had Hunter and Santana. Both of those guys would have signed for less -- oh yeah so would have Mauer ... OOPPSS!!