• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Final five 2010

cbrooks

Do they still play the mini game if there is a win and a tie, or only when each team wins a game?

Thanks.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• PierBridge

• &JAG

I think your talking if both teams gets a win in the series they play Sunday for the tiebreaker. So the answer to your question is only when each team wins.

I read in one of the newspaper this morning that Niagara upset Bemidji St last night. So that means there will be two CHA teams in the NCAA tourament.

u are right now a good team gets bumped by a team that has no right to be there ...because bemidji will be there no matter what...

It sounds like it will either be Niagara or Alabama-Huntsville. I have a feeling they will bump out one of the WCHA bubble teams. I think this [PoorWordUsage] . UMD is one of the WCHA teams on the bubble. SCSU is another if they don't beat MSU. I haven't really paid attention to other coferences to see what teams are on the bubble. It should more clear after tonights games.

Why couldn't Beimdji just win? [PoorWordUsage].

OH MAN!! How could BSU lose?!? That is a stake in the heart of the Bulldogs. They might need to win the tourney again to make it now. Possibly make it with three consecutive wins.

Congrats to the Mavs on their big win. That series should go to 3 games.

Congrats to the Mavs on their big win. That series should go to 3 games.

#$%@#$$ Huskies. I hope it makes it to 3 games.

The only thing worse than being a Viking and a Husky fan is being both a Viking AND Husky fan!!!!

I don't see the Huskies losing tonight. Too much talent and they are in front of their home crowd. They are already in the NCAA's with about 99% confidence. Sitting pretty, not to worry.

UMD on the other hand... Don't know why they gave it up the last 6 weeks of the season.

Archerystud did you watch that game? Did the Mavs outplayed them or was it just a few lucky bounces. Who was in net for the Huskies?

I split my season tix so I wasn't at last nights game.

I was at last Sat. game and the Huskies out played them pretty good but tied. Sounds like the St. Cloud outplayed them and had a 2 goal lead with 9 min to go and then give up a shorty and one with .3 seconds left.

If this St. Cloud team gets a lead it's almost a curse. They like to go back in a shell even if there are 2 periods left. Gotta give the Mavs credit for not giving up but they have nothing to lose at this point.

Solbes you think UMD got to win out to make the tourney now?

Well that's one way to make it, but pretty unlikely. Their scoring might be better than last year, but their goaltending is not on the same level.

They are tied for 14th right now. Given BSU's loss they need to advance to at least #11, possibly #10 to advance to NCAA's. That means they need to sweep CC, win the play in, and probably beat Denver to advance to final. All depending on the other bubble teams of course. It's a tough road for sure.

I would love to see UMD beat Denver. So the way I got it figured its either UMD or CC who could get the shaft from the tourney. Tonights game is huge for both those teams. Good luck to your Bulldogs Solbes.

was at the huskie game last night and after 1st period huskies got outplayed and out shot but were up 3-0 with a short hand goal and a great play by lasch..then msu scored w 28sec left in second and gave them life..but huskies didnt fall apart till 6min. left in game gave up a short handed goal and then a goal with .01 on the clock and bad angle great shot in the top corner.then 20 sec in OT come down and guy in middle was left alone and he sent a wrist shot just under cross bar...on the tying and game winner there would be no goalie that would have saved them..tjhey were great placed shots..Dunn was in net .... Lee starts tonight...I'm a huskie fan but we go through the same thing every year bad play and let downs in the end of every season..if they cant win the next 2 games i dont think they deserve a ticket to the big show..if this team has 2 weeks off before the tournement they cant get ready for a big game..Hate to say that about my favorite team and season ticket holder..

It'll be interesting to see how Lee does tonight. You know I thought Dunn was the man for awhile but he's lost the last couple of games. I don't know if I would like it if UND was always rotating there goalies like St Cloud.

I'm starting to feel for some of the huskie fans frustration with never winning in the tourney. Maybe it will happen this year except if there playing UND hahaha JK. So what do you guys think they have to do to get over that hump? Is Bob Motzko(sp) the man to get it done? I remember when SCSU had Bobby Geopert in net. He would just own UND when they came to town. He was fun to watch. St Cloud has had some good teams, not NCAA championship teams but teams that could have gone to the frozen four. One of these year they will have a team on a hot streak and get a puck to bounce here and there, it'll happen. I like that qoute that archery stud wrote above"The only thing worse than a husky fan and viking fan is both" I can relate to half that LOL.

I would say good luck but UND needs SCSU to lose to MSU so we don't have to play in the play in game next week for the final five tourney, granted that UND can beat the gophs, what am I talking about of course we're gonna win. Go Sioux!

UMD looked great throughout the 1st period, winng 1-0. Lots of scoring chances, but they had to kill of 3 penalties. We ordered the B2 broadcast for $8. Audio is good, video is okay.

I see Goph's are winning so far, but haven't been watching. Still confident in a win tonight cbrooks? Where are the posters of the Gopher Nation?

Yeah, I'm still confident. 5 minutes into the 2nd and UND outshooting them 17-7. The one gopher goal came on a powerplay on a stupid penality. Anything can happen in hockey, thats why they play the games I guess.

Gophers win 4-2. Not happy about that game. Lets switch gears here what if the gphers win tomorrow and then win the final five, would they get in the tourney because of the BSU lost to Niagara Friday night?

Gophers win 4-2. Not happy about that game. Lets switch gears here what if the gphers win tomorrow and then win the final five, would they get in the tourney because of the BSU lost to Niagara Friday night?

Final Five winner is an autobid - it's an at large bid that misses out.

Two fantastic dives for Cepis tonight . . .

Quit whining, UND got some power plays off week penalties too. And what's with the UND fans crying whenever their players get checked? Every time a Sue player got checked they would whine for a penalty. Grow up for pete's sake.

Well Bemidji really messed up a chance for another WCHA team to get in!

Alabama-Huntsville won in overtime over Niagara in the CHA Championship!

So Alabama-Huntsville and Bemidji State will both be in the tourney out of the CHA.

Still gotta cheer for Bemidji State even though they skated to a 3-3 tie in the 3rd place game vs Robert Morris. Maybe Bemidji was really smart to knock out a better team from the WCHA without even having to play them smile Even though they might drop into a 3 seed now.

The tourney was in Niagara, so I can only imagine it was packed in there to see them upset Bemidji. The scoring was fast and furious down the stretch, but everytime Bemidji closed it to 1, Niagara would score to keep the 2 goal cushion!

Really hoping Bemidji can bounce back in the NCAA tourney, but having Alabama-Huntsville get in probably will hurt the outside teams from the WCHA looking in.

Well the first weekend of playoffs has been fun so far. UMD had lots of great scoring chances last night and offensively looked really good. Got beat by Howe who was stopping almost everything, great effort by him.

Good to see the Gophers have a strong effort. I will be watching game three tonight, that'll be fun.

St Cloud was down I thought, but I guess they decided they didn't want to give up that #3 afterall. Three really good series so far.

Alabama Huntsville in the NCAA's, well that's something no one would ever have predicted. I'm sure they are excited.

i dont know if the gopher game is on tonight i see the wild start at 5pm so there is a problem!!!

I'm whine a little here. I thoght that tripping on Ben Blood right after UND took the lead 2-1 was a weak call. Got to hand to Minnesota for jumping on that opportunity and scoring the tying goal and then less than a minute later took the lead. It happen so fast. The sheppard(referee) suks but he always have and the calls usually go both ways, its part of the game.

Some of the scores for last night UMD lost to CC, MSU lost to SCSU, those teams will play today. Wisconsin and Denver won there series. They will move on to the FF tourney.

Gopher and UND will meet tonight at 7:07 tonight. I'll be lying if I said I wasn't a little concern. Go Sioux!

St Cloud has had some good teams, not NCAA championship teams but teams that could have gone to the frozen four.

The 99-00 and 00-01 teams could have contended for some National titles but didn't. Those teams feature 5 NHLer's and Scott Meyer in goal but never got it done.

I think Motzko will get them over the hurdle as he is a much better coach than Craig Dahl ever was, IMO.

Three more games yet today. I'm pulling for all the MN teams, except Mankato.

Sorry I was gone, I was scared to show up on here after 6-0. I had too much to do in too little of time.

I really dont think anyone can complain about the reffing in the Goph game. It was about as fair as it is gonna be. The refs made the mistake by calling a couple weak ones, but then adjusted. There were a couple on each team that coulda been called, and a couple that shouldnt be called.

I am would be more worried about the botched icing and off-sides calls. Some terrible ones there. I saw way more in favor of the Sue, but of coarse I am going to notice those more. Sue fans at the rink are so annoying, they just wine all game. You would think the Gopher fans would be the winers. I guess that is what you get when you give 10,000 people who have never played hockey, tickets to go to a game.

Denver barely handling MT, I dont see them winning the tourny. I havent seen them playing their best hockey. They either better turn it up now or save it for the NCAA if they cant maintain.

Bemidji Tourny is a joke. Remember when i said it was junk to even allow them to have a bid. I think a few of you thought otherwise. What do you think now.

Also around the nation, Yale and Miami are both splits so far in their tournaments. Hopefully they win their third game. If either of these teams loose, it will be very hard for CC or UMD to make the NCAA> There are 6 auto bids, if thress upsets happen, that is 3 bubble teams not making it.

Quote:
I guess that is what you get when you give 10,000 people who have never played hockey, tickets to go to a game.

tru dat.

Sioux had better play better tonight! They played down to the Gophers level and it showed. That was by far the worst game I've seen them play in two months!! I'm not too worried though, I'm sure they got a Hakstol a** chewing. Go Sioux!!