• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

metro landings

CrappieFshr651

Not hearing much at all about landings around the area and ice conditions? Any metro area reports to speak of?

the ice is super think but the landings and the roads are getting beat up pretty bad. just got off of carson bay and the landing looked like a swamp. I just tried to stay out of what looked like open water (I am sure its not open) and made a new path. after getting out on the lake a ways the ice was in great shape! If you want to get out a few more times in your car / truck i sugesst you head out this weekend or take a day off work the landings are not going to hold up very long.

ohh and the fishing stunk I got skunked for the first time at my go to spot!

Bald Eagle landing is 30-50 feet of 6 inch deep water and lots of ruts. I wouldn't recommend trying any low slung vehicles but my 2WD F150 made it out late Friday afternoon.

I was bored so I went and checked out both Upper and Lower Prior Lakes and Spring Lake. Never fished them even though I live in AV so I basically was just out looking around where people are fishing and the ice conditions to fish sometime in the next couple days.

Landings were getting rutted pretty badly. Spring lake the public access was ok and I came off on another access that was beat up really badly and rutted badly.

West metro lake yeaterday, the landing was fine, but I it was a bit mushy for a few yards out. still plenty of ice on the lake.

With this forecast it looks like ice fishing season just may have come to an end, or at least driving out.

Looking at the forecast this week with not a low below freezing and some rain coming I've conceded that my driving days are over this year. I just can't bring myself to risk dropping my truck in, I unfortunately need it to get to work on Monday and dropping it into a lake won't suffice as a good enough excuse not to go to work wink I'll be on foot next weekend if I head out, hopefully find some fish.