• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LET'S SEE YOUR SUMMER RIDES , RIGS ... PICS PLEASE

toomanyjigs

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• hamms-scooter

• Eric Wettschreck

• NTW

Here is my new boat I pick it up Friday. 2002 Baha Cruiser 272 fisherman with only 230 hours on her.

4675796519_437038e1d1.jpg

Wow nice! ....If I brought something like that home the wife would make me live in it...Now theres an idea!

Thanks deitz, its a real change from the 97 alumacraft tiller I was running. Thing i am still getting used to are speed, 60 is reallly scary when your used to 35 timmed out, and fuel consumtion that v-6 really drinks it compared to my old 3 cylinder. that nitro really is a nice boat to fish out of, real stable, enough room for three guys throwing muskie baits, and low enough sides to kick rods overboard hahaha thank god it was shallow water.

LMAO wait till you fall out... I usually step out of mine at least once a year without trying.. LOL

Musky bug 85, Nice ride, you will get used to the dimensions and speed and soon you won't even think about it. Enjoy the boat

Dietz,

Sold my Triton to a friend without telling him there was no lift assist on the trolling motor. You guessed it, first time he put it in, right over the bow.

Ive never done that one.. I have had the t-motor on to high and turned and threw myself over the side that way, but never putting it in.. Sounds like a new challenge for myself.

When i used it for the first time that was my first thought, everyone who fish out of this thing is going to walk out at some point this summer, all my buddies are used to tin boats, this is the first bass boat in the group. I really do love the boat, i was looking at Pumas for a really long time but decided i should start with something a little smaller first and make sure a bass boat is for me, and i could buy that nitro brand new with all the warrenty for the price of a late ninties early 2000 "premier" brand so it seemed like a no brainer for me.

Ive never done that one.. I have had the t-motor on to high and turned and threw myself over the side that way, but never putting it in.. Sounds like a new challenge for myself.

Mr.D....

Jack's mom wants to know how you get back in the boat after you "step out of it" or "turn too fast with the trolling motor"?

If it was on auto-pilot with the trolling motor, it would just keep going.

I'll stick to my deep V boats for these reasons. laugh

ahhh, hence why I have a Maxxum. Have to have your foot on the t-mot to have to go.. If you grab the big motor and step on the stabilizing fin and hit the up trim it semi lifts you back in the boat.. not sure how I know that. I will tell you this.. from my own knowledge. Former friends, whom are laughing so hard that they can no longer breathe are very, very, very little help if any.

And if you should ever do a face plant into 2 feet of water, and an old lady comes running out of her house to ask you if your ok, and laughs until she about wets herself, they are not a whole lot of help either.

And if you should ever do a face plant into 2 feet of water, and an old lady comes running out of her house to ask you if your ok, and laughs until she about wets herself, they are not a whole lot of help either.

Nuttin personal DD, but I'd pay money to see that. grin

Lots of people would Eric.. It was in the last 10 mins of a bass tournament. Not sure what happened.. .I bent down to pick up a fish and went too far.. Got the fish though.. made it to the weigh in.. soaking wet.

Having the pedestall seat up front has saved me from swimming more than once!

I know all about using the tilt to get back into a boat! No friends saw it, but my two kids did! cry They were sworn, under penalty of tourture and death to never mention it to anyone!!

Now about having an old lady see your dive, and come out to check on you? I just don't have the words! grin

My new rig thanks to the help of Bassnspear at Crystal.

IMG_0360-1.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Haha, Love the third picture.... NOTICE

Great lookin boat though.

I wish they had that sign at every landing, it would eliminate a lot of problems. Then again, someone would have to read it first.

dont think i have ever been on a landing that had extra bording docks off to one side or the other lol some have had 2 docks with ramps on both sides of each but ......

minnow_big.jpg

Well, so much for a three hour tour. I hope to get her seaworthy again very soon, I've got this super smart guy working on some coconut epoxy patches. wink

Here are my summer rigs the first is a 14 foot deep wide Lund with a 89 25hp evenrude that I use for the river just bought this rig this year and will probably end up with a few mods to it. It has a hummingbird 987 C SI on it that is sweet for the river and I just found a used trolling moter for the front that i have not mounted yet

106_0040.jpg

106_0041.jpg

The second is my lake boat that is a 1984 Ranger Rawhide with a 91 johnson 40 hp minkota trolling motor on the front with a cheep hummingbid depthfinder and at the console is an older eagle I love this little boat it can take on bigger waves and it is small enough that i can still put it in to small lakes that doent always have very good landings

106_0042.jpg

The board and blanket under the front are from a repair I was doing today where I added an aluminum strip to the front where the roller was chewing into the fiberglass

106_0043.jpg

I've never seen a Ranger Raw Hide before that thing has to be a classic. Thanks for sharing that is one cool looking boat.

mr

I've never seen a Ranger Raw Hide before that thing has to be a classic. Thanks for sharing that is one cool looking boat.

mr

been a long time that i have seen one as well. Looks like its all natural as well!

This year we focused on a the big boat, I don't have a small one, but we sure enjoy this one:

1991 Thompson Adventurer 288, Knife River marina:

Dscn0950b.jpg

Dscn0951sm.jpg

Riggers were not installed yet...

Dscn0970sm.jpg