• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LET'S SEE YOUR SUMMER RIDES , RIGS ... PICS PLEASE

toomanyjigs

cvikes80 - that is a sweet setup. How do you like it? From a fishing standpoint, anything you don't like about it?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• hamms-scooter

• bassNspear

• NTW

Here is my summer toy, Just got it out and washed up today going to hit the river fri.

boat003.jpg

boat002.jpg

14.5 foot crestliner thats our hunting, fishing, ski, tubing, work and party barge!

HPIM0506.jpg

HPIM0504.jpg

5810_118452252414_603617414_2405294.jpg new camo job.

I too fish out of a 1850 'Hawk. Great for fishing muskies and bass and has great storage/casting decks. 2 guys, full gear, stainless on a 150 pushes it 50mph GPS.

DSCF1407.jpg

'88 17ft Crestliner w/90hp Yamaha

Work in progress... got the floors and carpet done. pretty much the whole interior the way I want it laid out few odds & ends left. Hopefully next winter I can find someone to paint the exterior and the trailer.

000_0081.jpg

100_0062.jpg

100_0061.jpg

100_0058.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0085-1.jpg

000_0085.jpg

000_0086.jpg

another little nifty idea I came up with the othe day. Was bored...

100_0084-1.jpg

Ya it does I'd like to get some wave wackers though for back trollin. Alot of water over the back with a good chop. Probably end up making my own out of something. I'm thinking with that old of boat I won't find any made to fit.

79 Starcraft that barely floated on a good day with a melted 70 Johnson.

2008_0427boatproject0003.jpg

It became this,

2008_0428boatproject0002.jpg

And after a bit of work, not too much cash, and a lot of beer, it morphed itself into this,

2008_0618_171539.jpg

2008_0618_171641.jpg

Then, a bit more money, time, my handy dandy machine shop, and of course more beer, the melted motor turned into a 70 Johnson with a rebuilt powerhead and lower unit.

2008_0615_211346.jpg

Since these pics were taken, I've built and installed a windshield, switched to HB electronics, and put on a different trolling motor. Most importantly, it floats, the motor starts, and it's paid for.

My buddys ready to go!!!

2008_0602_193110.jpg

We have a little fun in her from time to time.....a lot!!!!

2009_0614_201058.jpg

I really enjoy seeing the newer boats but I rock the older, custom built, hand made stuff.

Say Eric, you built that windshield yourself? I'd like to get one for my Crestliner but can't find one that fits other than those cheap tinted universal ones. If I could find one like ours I'd probably put one back on. Yours really looks nice, matter of pact, you did a good job on the whole boat. If you know where I could look for something like that let me know. [email protected] Thanks.

Let me dig around in my shop today. I may have some framing stuff for ya. You would need to get some glass cut to fit but it will be a good start.

I know of a couple other places that may have something for you. I'll look them up in a bit and drop ya an e-mail.

Very impressive work Eric! Nicely done! Just need to put a little piant on the transom now! Make it look cool... cool

Questions on the LED rope I saw in the bow.... Did you hard mount it with screw down plastic brackets or use the open mouthed "bar clips' that the rope simply snaps into/out? Did you just wire it directly to the battery or splice it in somewhere?

I want to add LED lights in the bow of my ride but want to do it right. What length screws did you use to get through the carpet and grab a solid hold?

Thanks, Chris

I just bought her yesterday 2002 Alumacraft Invader 175sc 115hp Merc

I'm dying to take it out...

dscf0160e.jpg

dscf0162e.jpg

dscf0163m.jpg

dscf0171r.jpg

dscf0164w.jpg

Chris,

I used the open mouthed brackets. However, I"ve learned a few things since I installed them. I used 3/4" screws. the framing in the bow is 5/8 and the 3/4 screws worked great. Stainless steel of course.

First thing, they're not bright enough for my old busted up eyes. If I had to do it again, I'd jump on the outdoor pro store and get the super brite LED lights. Smaller, and more bright. I'm actually thinking about switching them around. Yeah, they work, but I want something that works better.

I wired them from my main power, which is fused, through a switch on the bow so they can be turned on and off from the bow. I don't like them on all the time. Just when I need some light for things like tying a knot, removing a hook, opening a beverage, etc.

just curious how many of you make payments on your boats? man there are spendy for a young guy! not to mention how the hell you get the wife on Board?

Mine will be done this June! Then its back in the red with new truck payments.

do you realize how much money your loosing when you take a loan out or finance just to get a "new" truck or boat? waste of money in my eyes just take care of your stuff and save untill you have the cash the only way i will buy things besides a house ofcorse

just curious how many of you make payments on your boats? man there are spendy for a young guy! not to mention how the hell you get the wife on Board?

I paid cash for mine. As far as getting the wife on board I bought her diamonds. grin

Originally Posted By: Northlander

do you realize how much money your loosing when you take a loan out or finance just to get a "new" truck or boat? waste of money in my eyes just take care of your stuff and save untill you have the cash the only way i will buy things besides a house ofcorse

Ya and Ill be saving for 20 years. It will be paid off before then. How many people have enough flexible income to be able to save up for a boat, truck.

Originally Posted By: DUCKAHOLIC

Ya and Ill be saving for 20 years. It will be paid off before then. How many people have enough flexible income to be able to save up for a boat, truck.

Wealth breeds wealth. There's no way with so much in student loans that I could hope to pay cash for anything >$5000 in the near future. Unless I come across a winning lottery ticket that is...

I run a 1972 Sea Nymph with a 1958 Evinrude 7.5hp motor. Its a great little boat for the metro lakes. Its nice because it is very managable by myself. Its not the best on windy days, but it has seen a few of the rough openers on ML. Its decked out on the inside with a casting platform and the whole 9yds.

HPIM0717.jpg

HPIM0719.jpg

It pulls great behind my S10

HPIM0708.jpg

And when I'm out with my dad, we sometimes go out in our home made redwood strip canoe. We made 2 of them and they look almost identical. They have both been up to the BWCA and have been beaten around a bit, they are not show pieces. They are 18' long, 74lbs, and a dream to paddle. Here is a shot of both of them very soon after they were done being made.

DSC00901.jpg