• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings vs. Saints NFC Championship Game

fishersofmen

Here are the two players that are going to be the key to the Vikings getting past the Saints.......

#81 and #54

Shancoe had the late touchdown, but other than that he was pretty quiet. If he gets on a roll, it gives the Saints one more weapon that they really need to key on and free up Harvin, Rice and others. If the Saints are going to key on our WR's, the middle should be open for Visante!

Jasper needs to really play the game of his career as well. Aikman pointed it out during the game that he was getting caught up inside too much and not scraping to the outside to stop those edge runs. If he can be there to drop Bush anytime he gets the ball, the Saints become one demensional and those boys up front can turn loose and do what they do best.

I also hope that Winfield is good enough to go. Remember the game he had last year against the Saints? He comes off the corner and slams that running game better than anyone in the game.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• gr8icefishinmind

• DTro

• solbes

I see the Vikes running a nickel defense 85% of the game, which leave jasper on the bench! Our front 4 is going to have slow the run down.

I agree with your take on shianco!

I see some of the matchups like this:

Brees vs. Favre Advantage Brees... home crowd, better scheme in my opinion

Peterson/Taylor vs. Bush/Thomas Advantage Peterson/Taylor Bush looked good last week, he even broke a few tackles.. that won't happen again and a few good licks to Thomas' cracked ribs and he'll be slowed down... AP is due to bust a big run and against NO blitz happy defense, that is exactly what will happen

Our DLine vs. their OLine Advantage Our DLine... it is the best in football and I think our DLine will force NO to abandon the run... Too many bad things can happen when you throw it all the time......

In my opinion the Vikes just need to hold their own the first 10 minutes... no big mistakes, don't give NO any big plays. This will help to quiet the crowd and make the game a bit more conservative which benefits us in my opinion...

I love breaking down matchups, but the bottom line is you have to win the turnover battle, you do that and you win!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

God, I just hope we don't run up the score again! I can't handle another week of whining! cry

lets just not forget to say our prayers

Our

Favre-ther, who art in Mississippi, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will

come, it will be won, In Miami as it is in the Dome.Give us this

Sunday, our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others

pass against us. Le...ad us not into frustration, but deliver us to the

Super Bow......l. For thine is the MVP, t......he best of the NFC, and the glory of the Purple People Eaters now and forever, AMEN!

Vegas has the WHO DAT SAINTS as a 4pt favorite now.

Who dat.....Who dat.......wedatteamgonnabeatdemsaints!!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!

Ball control. Ball control. Ball control.

Long drives and keeping their offense off the field. There run defense is weak. Smashmouth football. We will probably give up a big play at some point but their offense is not unstoppable. Our corners need to be physical at the line and knock their receivers off their routes. Their pass patterns are based on timing and we have to throw that off. Our safeties have to keep the receivers in front of them. The dline needs to create immediate pressure. If the defense plays like they did against the cowboys we should handle the saints.

If we give up a big play early and show any sign of panic we will get crushed. I don't want to see a shootout. I'd like to see the Vikings control the tempo of the game.

Totally agree with all the points about the first quarter. If you let a home team get up early and the crowd gets going its going to turn out bad. If we can just stay close in the first half we are in good shape to let the Silver Fox bring us to the promise land.

Watch Percy this weekend run 1 back for a TD - he is going to have a big game.... Hopefully Bush doesn't do like he did last year and run some back on us.

Da Vikings vil disguise der var ship to look like one of dem yunk barges and vil sail into Vi-easy-anna under der noses like one of dem Trojan horseasses and vil give 'em heck on Sunday. Ya, sure you betcha, that'l verk! Den dey vil party vif non-alcoholic leutefisk margaritas on da vay home. And dey von't let Fred Smoot on der var ship!

A quick note on the Vikings-Saints probabilities: Many readers will wonder why my system gives the Vikings such a low chance of winning. Very simply, the Vikings are a fine team, but they’ve faced a very weak schedule this year. Despite their convincing win against the Cowboys last week, which is factored in, they face an uphill battle on Sunday. The bottom line is that they’re an above average team that won a lot of games against weaker opponents, and this week they’re on the road against an even better team.

So when they win this week, and are in the SB, your reply will then be, the Saints were just on a slide, and have a lot of injured players, but if everyone was healthy, they wouldnt have won?

Lmit, let me ask you the same question I did last week. When the Vikes smoke the Saints, will you then think they are a good team, or will you again find a way to down play them, and discredit them?

From top to bottom the Vikes are a better team than the Saints...as we all know this doesn't guarantee them a win. This whole "strength of schedule" and "luck" factor are and have been complete dribble and meaningless as far as making a "point" for or against the Vikings this year. They ARE in the NFC Championship game.

The Vikes face an up-hill battle on Sunday simply because they have to go on the road and play in the Superdome in front of some crazy fans. We all know how hard it is for a team to come into our Dome and steal a win from us. This, not "luck" or strength of schedule, gives the Saints a decided advantage on Sunday.

That being said, I do think the Vikes will pull this one out 34-27. Favre takes a step back this week while AP takes over with 150+ yards on the ground and 3 touchdowns.

If we just would have beaten the Bears!!! Sure would have been nice to play at home. Not that it matters. whistle

Zepman, totally agree with what you are saying... Percy also runs one back besides Adrian having a big game. I would say 34-27 sounds about right.

Heading to the Gull Lake fishing contest and then sit on the couch all day Sunday watching some football. Fun weekend!

This whole "strength of schedule" and "luck" factor are and have been complete dribble and meaningless as far as making a "point" for or against the Vikings this year. They ARE in the NFC Championship game.

You're contradicting yourself when you say that because SOS and the luck factor ARE the reasons the Vikes are in the NFC Championship game. Without the easy schedule and luck they wouldn't have had the record they did, therefore resulting in a first round bye and a playoff game at home!

A+B=C

It's not complex algebra. grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Fortunately for us New Orleans had an even easier SOS and a better luck factor than we did grin

Or we might never win the NFC Championship game against them ...

What nonsense..... smile

Sagarin also has the Vikes as 32nd in the Strength of Schedule rankings, so there are two independent sources that are on the same page regardless of how bad you guys want to deny that little factoid.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
I'm behind the Vikes 110%.

Ya! Until you change your mind again.

If somebody asked me which team I'd rather see win between the Saints and the Vikes, I'd pick the Vikes. However, I think a Saints/Indy match up would make for much more interesting Super Bowl.

The Viking fans have been through enough and they need to get the monkey off their back and I'd be more than happy if they got it done this year....especially with Favre running the team (the greatest QB in the history of the National Football League).

With that said, I'm not emotionally invested like you guys, so whatever happens, happens, but the Vikings are the team that I'd rather see win.