• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

tmg1brandt

Hi, has anyone been out on Bluewater recently? What is the ice like, and did you catch any trout? Thanks!

BRULEDRIFTER

Is there anyway to access that lake from shore, or only by going through Wabana?

Thanks!

mixxedbagg

Unless you can get access at the bible camp, I'd say only through Wabana.

BRULEDRIFTER

Bummer!

levy382

Has anyone been on blue water to check ice i heard caribou is still open the ar simular size and depth. If no one has I'll run by there tomorrow and give you an update

Deet

Has anyone been on blue water to check ice i heard caribou is still open the ar simular size and depth. If no one has I'll run by there tomorrow and give you an update

I would like to hear about the ice if you check it out. It's hard to believe we still have some lakes with open water - last night I was on 16" of ice. If Bluewater and Caribou aren't locked up, it's probably not looking good for our other Laker lakes either.

Thanks.

levy382

I checked out blue water today after work. There is a spear house out with a well travel four wheeler path, but the ice is pushed up along the shore by the bible camp about 3 feet. you can still get on the lake i had at least 10 inches where i checked but i didn't go out very far to any of the deep parts of the lake but the 4 wheeler went over a spot that was close to 100 ft deep. I would say wheeler or snowmobile travel is ok but the way the ice is this year be very careful. The next couple nights should make some ice. Good luck

boatfixer

are you going to make it out between feedings?

levy382

Wife will have the little man I'll be on the ice all day

levy382

Anyone have better luck than me? It look promising right away quite a few chasers nothing would hit though moved to some shallower water ended up catching one little laker.

Deet

We only had a couple small chasers early on. A bump here and there, unhookable. Then I made a move to a different type of structure and caught a 3 pounder right away, which just slammed my bait. So I thought I was about to have a flurry... and only graphed one more lazy fish. I was satisfied with battling and landing one eater, but wish my partner could have had better action.

levy382

Has anyone been to caribou to see if the gate is still locked

bmc

In my experience, they always keep that gate locked during the winter. As steep as that hill is, I could see someone driving a truck down there and not being able to get back up the hill.

People park on the NW side of the lake in that little parking lot on the left as you are N/B on 38. People take ATVs and Snowmo's up and down that small hill to access the lake. Going down is no prob......but getting back up can be tough, especially w/o tire chains or a studded track.

I'm planning on trying Pokeg next week. I found a spot on the map that looks like a real good bottleneck area w/ deep water on both sides. If nothing else some walleyes and/or gators should be in the area.

Between the Pit lake and Caribou, I caught 30 or so lakers last winter. Too bad they were all under 17", not worth keeping in my book.

Unfortunately some people are treating them like stream trout and keeping the little one's. I wish the DNR would put a slot limit on lakers.

Brian

bmc

I hit Caribou yesterday from 11 to 3. I had alot of fish on the vexi and iced 2. A 10" and a 15". At one point I had 4 different fish on the vexi chasing my spoon.

About 18" of ice on the north end where I was at. At one point the snow was coming down so hard I couldn't see shore.

I don't think I've caught a decent sized laker (2-3 lbs) our of Caribou in the last 3 years. I've caught alot of small fish, but don't know what to think about the bigger ones.

Anyone else have any input?

Brian

Deet

Between a fishing partner and I, we've caught probably a little over a dozen out there the last two winters, with only three over 20". Biggest was 25". Had a few 16 - 20", then the rest were dinks. They're definitely small out there. It's not really worth fishing, but we don't have a lot of options around here.

levy382

In my experience out there I havent caught anything over about 3-4 lbs but i have heard of a few guys hooking into bigger fish but then again we all know how fishing stories go.

Weissguy

My fishing partner and myself have caught two lakers ( 23", 24") out of Pokie while targeting walleyes the last two weekends in 15' (one each weekend). Jigging buckshots and minnow head at dusk. Pleasant surprise.

Good luck!

boatfixer

Hey Levy, howz the troutin' been lately?

levy382

Caught my first keeper of the year on Tuesday I've still been marking quite a few that chase pretty good just haven't been hitting