• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi, I was just wondering if people are driving on Blue and Baxter yet? I asked my four year old doughter if she want to go for a sled ride or fishing. She said fishing so i am thinking about taking her to Blue or Baxter. I am willing to go to another lake in the area if anyone has any sugestions to have her catch a few.

If anyone can tell me... has the Blue Lake bite been in the evening like it was last year? I appreciate any info so i can have fun with my little sweet baby Josie. She loved fishing last year and i was happy to see her pick fishing over a sled ride. LOL Thanks for any help.

CC HURL

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishergurl

• ozzie

• CC Hurl

• monstermoose78

Personally have had very poor luck this year on blue in the evening. Did very well last year all evening, not the case for me at least. Moving house soon I think.

People are driving out on Blue. I was out last weekend and there was almost a good 18" of ice. Fishing has been slow so far. Mark a lot of fish on the flasher but a lt of takers.

Cc

I was out on Baxter last week with my 7 year old, thinking like you and just trying to catch some fish and only caught 5 gills in 3 hours. I'm going to try Elk with my 5 year old on friday. Hopeing for a little better luck.

Mark

if you are looking for your kids to catch fish stay off the dump lakes like Elk and Baxter....stick with lakes such as Blue and Green......these lakes at least have a decent population of fish......there isn't much in Baxter and Elk is only good for a few weeks to start the ice season......

CC long time no see,how you been? Haven't been out to blue or baxter this year yet.last weekend I was on elk, franny and long,nothing but little perch all weekend. going to try my luck on the other elk and birch this morning when I get off work.I just bought a sled so hit me up if you want to go riding or fish sometime.good luck on mille lacs this weekend. WAGS

WAGS, How you doing? For sure we need to hook up. Joise and i are going to give Blue a shot tonight. Got a little heads up from the bait store. LOL

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how blue is lately? Was out last Saturday, caught 3 nice jumbo perch around dusk, then shut right off. Moved several times, didn't see anything on the vex. One would think these lakes are going to turn on soon!

I was out there on Saturday night as well. Caught 3 crappies that were 9", and my partner I was with had a real nice one on that spit the hook out above the hole! The worst part about it was that we seen it! Was showing fish like crazy on the vex, but very finicky!

• 2 months later...

Went to Blue Lake this morning fishing for Crappie and Sunnies, but only ended up catching Largemouth (8). Going to head back in the morning again and see if I can get some panfish! I was using the 3in gulp alive minnow casting the shallows. Any helpful tips or panfish is appreciated!

shave down the 3" to a 2.5" or even 2" or toss a tube in and out of the weeds they are starting to show up more in the main lake areas but with the latest muddying up of the water it has slowed a little.....

We werer out last weekend and the algae bloom was incredible in parts of the lake and others were pretty clear...very strange to see because it was 26 degrees that morning....

We were out a couple weekends ago and the algae bloom was incredible in parts of the lake and others were pretty clear...very strange to see because it was 26 degrees that morning....on top of that the cottonwood fuzz was pretty thick on the surface especially in the north bay.

I got out on Saturday during the windy afternoon and found some fish and did real well......ended up catching 6 walleyes (12"-14") 30 crappies and 15 sunnies......it was nice with the wind cause it was moving all the crud in the water.....the bite was lite but they were grabing on enough to set a hook into their mouths!! All the fish are still swimming!!!!!

Sunnies were bititng pretty well last night. No real big ones, but pretty thick fish in general. Some of them were full of eggs.

Ozzie, you going to be on Blue at all this coming weekend? I'll be staying up there all three days, we should meet up.

I will be around but not sure when I will be able to get out on the lake. I know I will get out there but I am sure I will have kid duties and I am sure I will be in town watching some softball and tending to the food court at Wild West days!! If you see me out trolling around casting stop and say hi.....black boat 14' with a 15hp mariner......usually fishing by myself but have a buddy with at times....

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been out lately? Panfish still hitting? Heading out Thursday night anyone else going to be out?

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday was great at times for crappies I probably caught 60+ but I haven't been back since then

Hi fishergurl, have not been out for awhile but last time the Crappies were really active. Going out tomorrow night, wil let you know.

REALLY!!! Crappies still! What depth? Can you give me any tips, gonna go out tomorrow night as well, but was thinking about fishing for some walleye's. But crappies are one of my favorite!

anyone been bass fishing on Blue recently? I've had luck there in years past, but it's been a while since I've been there.