• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings & Cowboys

gr8icefishinmind

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• fishersofmen

• gr8icefishinmind

• zepman

I don't know that the majority of the Vikings fans on here give the Cowboys much of a chance.

I've seen plenty of national sports media picking the Vikes.

Obviously the Vikings have the advantage, they're playing at home in the dome, where they don't lose, 8-0...there's no way they can lose is there?

I don't know that the majority of the Vikings fans on here give the Cowboys much of a chance.

Obviously the Vikings have the advantage, they're playing at home in the dome, where they don't lose, 8-0...there's no way they can lose is there?

Thats why the game is played-to see who can lose.

i love it when people get really cocky and then they start eating their words when it backfires

I don't know how to digest this. Is it just an general off-hand comment, bait, said with tongue planted firmly in cheek, or a lofty purple softball with a pimply Mark McQuire standing at the plate?

must.....not.....bite......

Brett Favre is 0-3 against the Cowboys in playoff history.

THEY CAN LOSE!!!! wink

Brett Favre is 0-3 against the Cowboys in playoff history.

THEY CAN LOSE!!!! wink

Ah, but this is a better team Badger! Okay the Pack had their year (and I lived in Wisconsin for 6 months that year). But Favre in Vikings purple, it still makes me giggle sometimes...

I say the Vikes win, but not by a landslide. Cowboys are peaking, but I think we're a little better given the dome.

Let the cowboy fans look ahead, it makes it even better if they lose because they don't see it coming. This kind of reminds me of the red hot packers heading into play the cards who struggled down the stretch (even though the vikings havent struggled at home). Everyone was on the packers wagon.

Listening to sirius NFL this afternoon and a cowboy fan was spouting off about the great matchups in this came for the boys. The 2 hosts asked him about 3 key matchups. Berrian vs Newman. Harvin vs Scandrick. Shiancoe vs Sensenbaugh. He didnt have much to say about those and was promptly reminded those matchups seriously favored the vikings. He was also reminded that the cowboys were facing the most dangerous RB in football, not a team that refused to even try to run the ball, and the fact that gap discipline and fear of the cutback alone, coupled with a great screen game should help neutralize the pass rush. Pretty interesting to listen to.

I agree, they want to unleash Ware up the field all day run a few draws and counters at him and pick up healthy chunks of yardage.

Agreed, and it needs to happen early. I'd be surprised if we didnt see a screen and draws at Ware early.

Its kinda funny that the Packer fans are on this topic about the Vikings, why dont they start their own and talk about the upcoming games they have?

better yet why dont the packer fans just go away untill next season when they have something to talk about..

the Vikings have a good team, but Dallas has a good shot at eating Mn alive with 10 to 20 yard passes to them big boys, Austin & Witten. Favre tends to get frantic in playoff games and starts flailin the ball around like a drunken sailor which may lead to some INT's. If Dallas gets off to an early lead Favre will self destruct. At any rate im pullin for the Purp till the bitter end, MAY THE PURPLE POWER BE WITH US

Favre tends to get frantic in playoff games and starts flailin the ball around like a drunken sailor which may lead to some INT's.

Historically, he's done this during the regular season in GB. It hasn't been the case while he's wearing purple.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Vikes are fortunate enough to make the Super Bowl and the Jets were our opponent?

The media would have a field day with that. Think of all the stupid questions and analogies they could and would come up with.

By the way... what time do the packers play this weekend?

I'm just hav'n some fun with the cheese heads.

I can't wait for the purple to beat the cowboys Sunday. We're having about 10 people over for the game on our 2 50" plasmas. Baby back ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, nachos.

I'm still mad over December 28, 1975 when Drew Pearson pushed Nate Write!!!!!!

I cant wait!!

they had that game on nfl network today. before my time but still irks me the refs dont see that shitt.i wonder if he drinks whiskey these days? whistle ;)ouch! crazyeek

I heard today on KQ that the crew assigned to official the game is flag happy. Hopefully they let the guys play a little bit.

I heard today on KQ that the crew assigned to official the game is flag happy. Hopefully they let the guys play a little bit.

Flozell Adams has an odd definition for play...

Yellow flags: Anderson gets Cowboys-Vikings game

Rick Gosselin/Columnist

The Cowboys haven't even boarded the plane yet for their NFC semifinal game with the Minnesota Vikings this weekend but already have caught a huge break. A league source said the NFL has assigned the officiating crew of Walt Anderson to work the game between the Cowboys and Vikings.

The Anderson crew was the only one of the league's 17 officiating crews to assess 200 penalties this season. It also led the league with its 1,794 penalty yards, 172 more than the No. 2 crew. That should alarm the Cowboys, one of the league's most penalized teams this season.

But it's even more alarming to the Vikings. Anderson's crew was harder on home teams than any officiating crew this season. It assessed 113 penalties for a staggering 1,029 yards on home teams.

As a means of comparison, the Cowboys drew the Ed Hochuli crew for its opening-round playoff game last weekend. Working the same number of games (15) during the regular season, the Hochuli crew called 22 fewer penalties for 317 fewer yards against home teams than Anderson.

Anderson's crew assessed 10 or more penalties against six teams this season. Five of them were home teams. He also assessed 100 or more yards in penalties against five teams. Four of them were home teams.

Anderson worked one game apiece involving the Cowboys and Vikings this the season. In the Minnesota-Detroit game at Minneapolis, Anderson assessed 13 penalties for 91 yards against the Vikings. His crew penalized Detroit only four times for 40 yards. In the Cowboys-Broncos game at Denver, Anderson penalized the Broncos 10 times for 81 yards. He penalized the Cowboys seven times for 70 yards.

In the Baltimore-Green Bay game in December, Anderson walked off an NFL season-high 310 yards in penalties. He was hard on the road Ravens, assessing 12 penalties for 135 yards. But he was even harder on the home Packers, assessing 11 penalties for 175 yards.

I heard today on KQ that the crew assigned to official the game is flag happy.

Sounds like the Waaaaaambulance is warming up already.

wink

Sounds like the Waaaaaambulance is warming up already.

wink

Thats exactly what I was thinking LMIT as I was reading down through the post. As we all know the Vikes would have had a perfect season if it wasn't for the refs... whistle Keep the Waaaaaaabulance warmed up... cool