• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikings & Cowboys

gr8icefishinmind

I think this will be a tough matchup for the vikes and should make for a great football game! Vikes will have to run the ball to try and slow down a very agressive pass rush, it can't be a game like the carolina game instead of peppers whoopin our O-Line [PoorWordUsage] it will be DeMarcus Ware doing it this time!! O-Line needs to step up on protection and I think that Shaincoe will have a big game cause the dallas cb's will defenitly make the passing game difficult on our wide receivers!

It would be nice to see our d-line t-off on romo for the game and disrupt his timing with Austin and Witten which will be crucial since our cb's seem to be having a tough time lately! All in All it should be a good game to watch and hopefully the vikes bring their A-game cause they will need it to win this game! AP needs to have a big day........Vikes win 28-24!!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• fishersofmen

• gr8icefishinmind

• zepman

The vikings need to include screens and draws early and often in this game to offset that rush and to try to get the slightest bit of hesitation in those rush ends minds. Mckinnie needs to show up. We need to see slip screens on the outside with Harvin. We need to see the versatility from Harvin. His use in different ways in the offense should make it a bit tougher for Ware and the boys to pin their ears back. A reverse early, fake reverses, Harvin in motion should all be included. Make those defenders have to think so they can't tee off. One thing the vikes can obviously do in which the eagles wouldnt even attempt to do is run the ball. They made themselves so 1-demensional they let the cowboys dictate everything. The vikings won't let that happen. Romo will offer up a couple of chances at INT's, they need to be made. The vikings CANNOT let Felix Jones get off at all. If he does Witten will kill us on playaction all afternoon. With the short action pass game the safeties better be ready to tackle. If the boys double Allen, which one would think they would, we need to see a LB or CB blitz off that side behind Allen once in a while. He will either come free or the help on Allen will be forced to leave Allen leaving him 1 on 1. I think the crowd noise will have an awesome affect on the vikings cranking up the pass rush.

The vikings need to break this cowboy momentum. If the boys go down and make it a quick 7-0 the momentum continues. Conversely if the vikings can get on top quick it would break some momentum and maybe get that confidence to shake a bit. Maybe you get Romo to make a bad decision. A quick viking start gets the vikes confidence going and gets that crowd wild. This game could domino quickly one way or another based on who gets on top first.

Look for the refs to give GB and the vikes all the calls to make that matchup happen in the NFC championship game. It'll easily be the most watched championship game of all time, so if you don't think the NFL will do what it can to match them up, then you you belong in a psych ward crazy

Only us MN. and Wi. folks care about that match up. The rest of the country could care less. A lot of folks still love the cowgirls and would love to see NO in there with them.

My confidence isnt real high on the Vikes. O line isnt playing well, running game isnt consistant and the girls are hot now. We will see how the Vikes prepared with the time off. Hopefully they arent stale and start slow.

Originally Posted By: JBMasterAngler
Look for the refs to give GB and the vikes all the calls to make that matchup happen in the NFC championship game. It'll easily be the most watched championship game of all time, so if you don't think the NFL will do what it can to match them up, then you you belong in a psych ward crazy

Only us MN. and Wi. folks care about that match up. The rest of the country could care less. A lot of folks still love the cowgirls and would love to see NO in there with them.

My confidence isnt real high on the Vikes. O line isnt playing well, running game isnt consistant and the girls are hot now. We will see how the Vikes prepared with the time off. Hopefully they arent stale and start slow.

You don't think the man with the contract extension will have them ready?

Along that lines, IF the vikes were to lose this game does anyone think that Chilly was really deserving of that extension?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I hope Rice, Shiancoe, Harvin or Berrian get a push off hail mary touchdown, that the refs don't call against us that wins it for us in the final seconds grin

I hope Rice, Shiancoe, Harvin or Berrian get a push off hail mary touchdown, that the refs don't call against us that wins it for us in the final seconds grin

With that stud QB Jackson throwing the ball? whistlewink Why do I have a feeling that he'll see time on the field against the girls?

Nice work Rick laugh

I say we have the whiskey bottles ready just in case.

Dallas won on the road because they were able to score early and take the crowd out of it. The vikes need an early score to get that crowd rowdy and make it an uphill climb for Romo all day.

Dallas won on the road because they were able to score early and take the crowd out of it. The vikes need an early score to get that crowd rowdy and make it an uphill climb for Romo all day.

Dallas played at home yesterday.

Vikes will win this one, typical Vikes though will lose the NFC championship at home to GB. (Although GB down 17-0) now, could see them win then beat NO and come here for some payback

Originally Posted By: Nick Kuhn

Dallas played at home yesterday.

I was referring to the New Orleans game earlier, and to a lesser extent the Washington game.

Those refs better step their game up cause the pack is getting it handed to them right now! wink

If I had a bunch of money, I would lay it on all on the fact that we will see a MN/GB matchup for the championship.

The NFL will have say in these games.....just you watch wink

While I admit being totally wrong.....

Seeing the Pack go down makes up for it. laugh

seems like the espn boys and bradshaw sure have jumped on dallas bandwagon. If this game were in dallas, then have to figure the boys by a couple scores only because the way vikes play on the road. Game in the dome is a different story and the vikes D typically shows up at home and makes the difference. Vikes in a squeaker.

After the long dry spell for the boys in the playoffs, the MSM will fall over themselves playing to the masses of Cowboy fans.

Too bad Jared Allen will get revenge for all those steers roping up some Cowboy. smirk

Bradshaw makes me sick, saying the Cowboys easily handle the Vikes. A month ago he said the Cowboys wouldn't make the playoffs. The guy is extremely jeleous of the Silver Fox that is plain to see.

Relevant conversation usually revolves around the teams that are playing at any given moment.

Conversation is all over the Cowgirls because they schooled the Eagles yesterday.

Cowgirls are "America's Team".

Big Deal.

The Purple is 8-0 at home this year.

8-0.

That, is a BIG stat.

I don't care how well Romo is playing of late, the Girls are going down. Big time.

It ain't gonna be pretty for you Girl fans, tune in early and watch the dismantling.

Go Vike's! smile

Get Allen to shack up Romo in the first 5 and the game is ours wink

One thing with Romo is he seems to be pretty steady in later part of the season.

Pretty simple analysis, but I think it all depends on our O-line. We run & pass block, I think we can win. If they have hands on our running backs in the backfield, game over. I think our D is good enough to slow down the boys. I hope its a good game.... time will tell.

Vikes 28-21

For all the reasons the Cardinals and Packers showed us last night... it's the exact reason I was hoping to draw the Cowboys. I just don't think the Cowboys can drop 40 on us at home. Favre will do what he has done all year...take care of business.

Vikings flex their muscle this week and their 9 pro-bowlers come to play...add the home field advantage and the Cowboys won't know what hit them. Vikes by 10.

I am going to have to side with Vegas on the out come of this game. To many factors point to the Vike's winning. From the first round bye (no break/rest at all for the CB's), to the 4 in-a-row wins (luck runs out), to the Cowboys current Play-off record (13 years of stinking). Since 07 Romo has served up a big 0 when it comes to the games that matter. I think T-Rex Jackson has a better playoff record than Romo. grin

But wait! They have a new stadium. They have to win whistle

No matter what happens this year and in this game...this year was a win win for me.

Beating the Pack with Farve and listening to the Packer Backers whine about the Wildcard game makes a sucessful year for me.

If the Vikings do happen to win more, it is just more frosting on the doughnut.

No matter what happens this year and in this game...this year was a win win for me.

Beating the Pack with Farve and listening to the Packer Backers whine about the Wildcard game makes a sucessful year for me.

If the Vikings do happen to win more, it is just more frosting on the doughnut.

+1