• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
thesecret

BIG BUCK FOUND

thesecret

Hey guys and gals. I just left clearwater lake today and on my way home i saw a nice buck dead in the woods. Looks like it was shot and died in its sleep. The coyotes did get. But the Rack is in good shape. I know if i shot this buck I would like to get the rack at least. If any one knows of anyone who shot and did not find there deer let me know. I found It just North of Annandale, off of Mongomery Ave .103rd street to be exact.

a47mlb

yea, you might want to call the CO before you get caught with a rack in your truck without a tag.

daydreamer

The secret please call 612-221-1535 And ask for George. His situation matches your description perfectly and he hunts within quarter mile from that location. I told him he might hear from you. Thanks hopefully it is the match

kc0myy

george who? just the first letter of the last name will do

thesecret

Your never gonna belive it! Thanks to this web site George found his buck! A month later. Nice buck George!

DarthBaiter

Nice job. I know I would've appreciated it.

daydreamer

The Secret, thanks for being a true sportsman. George is ecstatic about the crazy ending to this story. Would make a great mount someday considering the crazy story. Crazy also that you guys ran into each other the other day and made a little small talk.

Thanks again.

motley man

Post some pics of the rack. Great story

RumRiverRat

Need pics!!!!!!!!

hockeybc69

More details on this please!

Very cool!

WallyGader

Congrats to Secret, George, and FM, too cool...

mrklean

nice job, will there be any problem tagging it with the DNR because it is so late?

thesecret

I dont think he should have any promblem tagging it. I had already registered it with the county. cause i didnt want to get caught with it in the back of my truck. So i gave him the number they gave me.

I didnt take any pics but maybe daydreamer could get some on here

This is how it happened,

I was leaving the lake last tuesday afternoon and while i was driving down the road, there is a stretch were i always look into the woods for deer. When i saw what i thought was a big buck laying down. After i stopped and backed up did i realize that it was dead. It looked like it just layed down and died. that is what made me think that someone had shot it and never found it. (i have shot deer, went back in the mornin to get them and found them laying like that)The size of the bucks rack made me thnk that who ever shot this has been having nightmares since, because he never found it. I figured that because of its size someone had to know that someone never found it and was having nightmares about it. SO i posted it on here and started asking a few people in the area. And it worked daydreamer knew George and got me his number. The best part is, is that i have known George for 10yrs and on tuesday After i pulled the deer out of the woods and had it in the back of my truck, i ran into George at Little Jims and we were talking about fishin. Ha.

he didnt know i found his buck and he didn't know it was 10ft away from him. Im jsut glad he was able to get something out of it.

hockeybc69

So is this thing a brutus or just some average buck?

harvey lee

Nice job secret. Your the man.

thesecret

Hockeybc69 its not the biggest buck in the woods but it deffinetly is a above average buck. A real nice 8 pionter with nice mass and tall tines , i would say it is between 130 - 140

lovebigbluegills

Great job secret. Any picture(s) of it?

jigginjim

Did the yotes find it and start eating on it/

thesecret

Yes they coyotes did get to it, the body was gone but the neck and the head were fine.

Fever

Great story. Happy for you George! I think were all in agreement though that pictures of the rack would be a good ending on this site.

fishuhalik

130-140 8pt? Geez, that's a heck of a buck in anyone's book!

Fredd

There was a 160 class 8pt (I think it was 161 green scored) that died in an acquantance's front yard with an arrow in it this year. She and her husband were able to find the rightful owner a few days later. I never saw the buck, but this was a bruiser from what I can imagine.

huntfish44

It is great hearing these stories. I wish there were more out there...seems to be a lot of bickering and selfishness when it comes to deer hunting and bucks now-a-days.

jigginjim

Great for George, he can still have a mount done. Just need to buy a cape but its not all bad.

eyeguy 54

Great story. Let's not be knocking fellow hunters for takin 130 to 140 class bucks. That may be a lifetime trophy for some. There's plenty of big boys out there if yer after one.