• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
gwiff100

Lake of the Woods

gwiff100

Looking to take a fishing trip up to LOW. Never been up there so just kinda wondering what is going to be the best place to try and hit up for a trip..

rcatcherman

You can't go wrong with the major names of resorts . There all pretty good. Family resort to me is Arnesens. Group of guys besides just the fishing is Sportsmans or any in that area of the lake. Just my picks.

fishtrapgirl

I've never been there either but just booked a trip a couple of days ago. We are going the middle of February and going to Zippel Bay Resort. Cannot wait for this trip!!!

fishnowworknever

gwiff100 -

What's your email? I'll send you my recommendation, I probably can't post it on here since it's not a sponsor.

TWISTERSOCK

Depends if you have a sleeper and comfort level you want. I would say if you want the best fishing to go out of Long Point. Lots of reefs and structure. Zippels is about 4-5 miles closer on the same road, but has little structure or islands to fish out on, more of just a bowl, but is by far probably the Best place for cabins, food, bar, fish cleaning and everything else. They really have a nice setup. Were Long point really has nothing like Zipples. Morris point is nice and has a decent setup, but again not a lot of structure. So here is what I do. I go to Long Point and head out on the sleeper. Then after 4pm when the bite is done I just drive 5 miles to Zipples and hit the restaurant and bar and talk with the people and hang out.

Iowabrewcrew

Twister-I'm assuming you get off the ice and drive to Zippel? You have your own sleeper at Long Point or you rent? I was wondering how far Zippel was from the Whiskey Flats area? Can that be traveled by ice? Just trying to get a feel for distances between all the resorts/fishing areas up there.

walleyeseeker

I started using Wigwam this year and couldn't be happier. JP has to be the easiest man ever to work with. I just returned from a New Year's weekend trip and JP put us on fish. He is just good people.

fivebucks

Wiskey Flats has to be 20 miles from Zipple. You could run it on snowmobiles by taking the trail along the shoreline to Warroad and then up. Cross country can be done if you're careful and use the buddy system.

landscaper

good info

TWISTERSOCK

Twister-I'm assuming you get off the ice and drive to Zippel? You have your own sleeper at Long Point or you rent? I was wondering how far Zippel was from the Whiskey Flats area? Can that be traveled by ice? Just trying to get a feel for distances between all the resorts/fishing areas up there.

Ya I just come off the ice and drive to Zipples. It warms the truck up which needs to be done anyways and is only 5 miles away. Whiskey flats is for snowmobiles. BTW I would get bait somewhere other then up there. Cause it has been really bad this year. I would make a suggestion, but I got banned for a day for saying it on here.

Iowabrewcrew

Are you talking about getting bait from somewhere other than the LOW area or a specific store?

TWISTERSOCK

Are you talking about getting bait from somewhere other than the LOW area or a specific store?

Before the LOTW area! BTW i missed the question about if I rent or have my own. I have my own wheelhouse.