• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Off week banter - what do you make of this stat?

Randyjr.

The Vikes and Arizona were the only two teams to have 4 different receivers catch 55 or more passes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

And some pretty good receivers too smile

I guess younger (QB) isn't always better......... gringrin

I do know one thing, those numbers would have been impossible with T-Jack throwing the skin. whistle

Maybe it's you who need to be more honest with yourself.

You may believe those numbers would not be possible with T-Jack and with a high probability of it being correct IF it had happened.

It didn't happen so there is NO WAY YOU COULD KNOW-Just being honest smile

Of course you could guess or believe all you wanted.

You may believe those numbers would not be possible with T-Jack and with a high probability of it being correct IF it had happened.

Ricky...There is NO WAY TJack could have the numbers that Favre had this year!!! Be glad you have him this year because the Purple would not be where they are without Favre!!! Enjoy the Mississippi Man while you have him.....TJack will be the joke of the North in the future years! sick

Originally Posted By: Rick

Ricky...There is NO WAY TJack could have the numbers that Favre had this year!!! Be glad you have him this year because the Purple would not be where they are without Favre!!! Enjoy the Mississippi Man while you have him.....TJack will be the joke of the North in the future years! sick

Don't we already have a 50+ page T-Jack thread?

Be glad you have Favre this year.
I'm very glad we have him and that McCarthy and Thompson decided to let him go smile

You don't know that. wink

How can you say that with a straight face when T-Jack had the opportunity to do it for the past several years? What else besides Favre has really changed on the offense?

...and if you say that the receivers just magically got better on their own, we're voting you off of the island! grin

In a hypothetical you can never know what would for sure happen. It's all educated guesswork.

In my opinion I also believe T-Jack would not have hit those numbers.

But I sure don't know that T-Jack would not have hit those numbers. In a best guess it's a fact that you just can't know for sure.

The Vikes and Arizona were the only two teams to have 4 different receivers catch 55 or more passes.

Thats the NFL right now, success comes with the pass. The two top rushers in the league this year-Chris Johnson, Titans with 2006 yards and Steven Jackson, Rams with 1416 yards. Thats some pretty good yardage but got neither team close to playoffs.

Same as last year. Pitt and AZ were both passing teams and ended up in the Super Bowl. That's why Favre is twice as valuable as Peterson. Everybody ooh's and ahh's over Peterson but he's not going to take them to the Super Bowl.

Just look at the 12 teams in the playoffs. They have decent runners but their game is primarily through the air and that's the golden ticket to the Lombardi Trophy.

Unfortunately for the Vikings their pass defense is horrible, as is their pass rush, so they're doomed unless they can out-gun the other team.

Ol' #4 better put the spurs to that white horse he rode in on otherwise the dream is over. (a little Van Halen reference for the fans out there.)

Originally Posted By: Randyjr.

Thats the NFL right now, success comes with the pass. The two top rushers in the league this year-Chris Johnson, Titans with 2006 yards and Steven Jackson, Rams with 1416 yards. Thats some pretty good yardage but got neither team close to playoffs.

That's somewhat misleading. The Titans started 0-6 and Johnson really wasn't getting his touches those games. They went 8-2 after Johnson started to light it up.

In a hypothetical you can never know what would for sure happen. It's all educated guesswork.

It's not hypothetical or guesswork Rick. He played for several years. Following your logic, it's like seeing Mauer strike out with bases loaded, and then having Morneau hit the grand slam. You'd then say, "Mauer would have hit the grand slam too."

WHAT?!? It's not hypothetical if the guy already got his chance in virtually the same situation and failed. I must be crazy...a Packer fan trying to talk a Vikings fan out of wanting Tavaris Jackson!

Same as last year. Pitt and AZ were both passing teams and ended up in the Super Bowl. That's why Favre is twice as valuable as Peterson. Everybody ooh's and ahh's over Peterson but he's not going to take them to the Super Bowl.

Just look at the 12 teams in the playoffs. They have decent runners but their game is primarily through the air and that's the golden ticket to the Lombardi Trophy.

Unfortunately for the Vikings their pass defense is horrible, as is their pass rush, so they're doomed unless they can out-gun the other team.

Ol' #4 better put the spurs to that white horse he rode in on otherwise the dream is over. (a little Van Halen reference for the fans out there.)

I agree with most of what you say there LMIT, but that pass defense and pass rush is a different animal at home versus on the road. If they end up going to NO and facing the saints then ya the shootup scenario may play out. With the likely scenario that Dallas ends up in the dome next weekend i don't think Romo will shread the vikings defense there. If they win and get lucky and have that NFC title game at home, i believe they will be fine in that situation as well.

Originally Posted By: Rick
It's not hypothetical or guesswork Rick. He played for several years. Following your logic, it's like seeing Mauer strike out with bases loaded, and then having Morneau hit the grand slam. You'd then say, "Mauer would have hit the grand slam too."

WHAT?!? It's not hypothetical if the guy already got his chance in virtually the same situation and failed. I must be crazy...a Packer fan trying to talk a Vikings fan out of wanting Tavaris Jackson!

.......................................................................................................................................

LOL, OK, using your logic then it's a fact that T-Jack played this year with this group of guys at the same time Favre did and did not do as well as Favre. It's one Packer fan's logic I guess. smile

Enough on this already...please???

Back to the original subject, it appears the NFL is a passing league now more than ever. In my opinion the team that uses the pass best to set-up the run will have the best shot. For me that means the Vikes and San Diego in the Super Bowl this year.

How many QB'S forget the snap count? Our boy T Jack did last game. Next year if there is no Favre and with the teams they play look at 9-7 at most.

I agree Rick, Vikes and San Diego in Bowl.

I heard/saw this prediction on a few nationally syndicated TV/radio shows yesterday. I'd take it!

Originally Posted By: fishersofmen
I agree Rick, Vikes and San Diego in Bowl.

I heard/saw this prediction on a few nationally syndicated TV/radio shows yesterday. I'd take it!

this is my pick as well. unfortunately, the super bowl will be played on grass surface and not in dome so I see the defense playing like they typically do on grass and away from the dome.