• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How to remove a conibear from your dog

mn_archer

I was thinking the same thing. I kind of doubt the knipex is heavy duty enough for the coniber metal spring.

Is there somebody who has knowledge of a large conibear who can in person show me exactly what to do?

I am a trapper and would be happy to show you it is fairly simple as long as you can keep your dog calm enough to get it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe I missed this--but how much time do you have (approx) from when the trap is sprung---2-3 minutes?

My guess is that would be about the time the dog would be expired with no hope for revival. You wouldn't want to wait that long if at all possible. A neighbor has a yellow lab that went a half hour in a conibear only because he had a leg in the trap as well that created room for his windpipe.

• 1 month later...

This is a very helpful topic, thanks for sharing the info. Was going to ask if poster could do a video, but a quick youtube search found one that shows the rope method discussed in the thread. Rope example starts at about 1:20 of the video:

• 9 months later...

Here are some things to consider this fall while we're chasing birds. Like most things in life it isn't as simple as we'd like to believe. If anyone tells you differently they aren't telling you the truth.

[Note From Admin: Please read Forum Policy Before Posting Again, Thank You]

• 3 weeks later...

Well done post with pics . It will take alot of practice for anybody to keep a dog calm enough to get him out in time and thats on the outside chance the 220 does't break his neck . I've been trapping a long,long time and just the thought of having to get my dog out of a 220 locked up behind the head makes my teeth hurt . And I have never used a trapsetter while out on the line just my bare hands which is quicker . I would have to try and get him out but ........

TD

• 2 months later...