• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

jigginjim

Ram pick -up broke thru the ice at Shore of the publis access on the northwest side of Buffalo lake. The truck was owner was very Lucky it broke thru up to the top of the tires.

I talked to Joe the water sheriff for wright cty. The snow is starting to push water on top of the ice. After the next heavy snow fall it 's going to be very slushy cause ice to become soft, or split into 2 layers.

some people will never learn. this always seem to happen once a year. people need to start using common sense. jim when you say northwest you mean the north access off co rd 35 right. I would imagine the water is on top of the ice all over the lake. I would like to get out and try off of the sturgis access but now I will wait for the ice to refreeze.

I'm about ready to head out to Buffalo right now. Was planning on using that access too. Only instead of taking the 3/4 ton Suburban out, I was gonna take the sled.

some slush starting to come up on big and mitchells lakes, and there is 10-12 inches of ice. when the storm total is done, it may be a nightmare out there, this snow is so wet and heavy.

I was on a sled ride and stopped by that one to spectate yesterday. The truck broke through to the east of the access near the spring in about 3' or so of water. The east side is always a problem with the springs along the shore in that area.

jigginjim

Hydro, I wonder how strong the spring is on that side of the ramp. ?? northern spot during the hot weather. smile If anybody is thinking of going out now it best be avt or sled, and after all of this snow, sled be the only wasy for a while until we get some very cold weather.

I know that pretty much all winter you will see open water along the shore in that area, and who knows how far out into the lake the spring flows. It seems like most winters someone drops a truck through on that side of the access.

where is this spring? Just east of the NW access? or south of the church/point? Hopefully on the far west end of the lake, I don't go that way.

I saw a guy plowing on a lake by willmar like it was the church parking lot just a givin her back and forth

jigginjim

I went looking at several different lakes todays. Several people are removing their houses or trying to jack them up above the slush today. Many are going to be rough going when we get back out. The slush trails will really make driving a trick, and very bumping. Walking almost seems best for a few days.