• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Louis River Fishing Reports

how far off the bottom are you putting your lure on your dead stick? some days the fish just wont hit the bobber rod, and other days, like n lander and i saw tonight, thats about all they will hit.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Jarrid Houston

• Sherpa

• Jack Stasney

My fist morning out on the harbor off park point. It was great. I started out with my auger not starting, but a wonderful man helped me drill two holes.

I missed two and caught one 18 inch-er. I was home a little after 9:00 am. The one I caught was on a bobber with a sinker and hook about 14 inches below that. Was using a chub. I missed one also using that.

Yeah it was a weird bite this morning. LotS of smaller fish showing up, had a good bite at 905 which was weird since there usually done aroud 815.

It sure has been a weird bite the last couple mornings down for me have been slow early on then 830 to about 10 has been a decent bite with just about total shut down after that. Seems like alot more smaller fish this year also so far but more then enough to keep me addicted to fishing the bay...heading down tomorow morning so I will report back then

Picked up a few this morning all on the deadstick...... Nice to be seeing some bigger fish move in!

Good to hear you got some hound...fished this morning also and had a hot deadstick for the first time on the bay which was fun. Only one big fish with the rest being small for the bay along with some perch. Could only get a couple to hit the jig rod but good action with the bite ending fairly fast. Were did you fish at? I ended up setting up just off the point that wind was nasty early on this morning.

What was the biggest you got? Im still stuck on 20" for my biggest this year down there

Biggest this year is just over 28. The past few days I have had a few around 23 to 25.5. But yeah like u said I have been gettin alot of those 10 inchers too lol. Makes me feel like I'm fishin on island lake.

Anyone that has been fishing around spirit island or that area. I would love to talk to you. If someone is intrested in taking a trip out there with me I'm game. My email is [email protected]

grits how many did u end up with this morning? i couldnt get anything to touch my jiggin rod. i was sorta around everyone else this morning but i have a little different area i like to go to.

Ended up with 5 eyes but the only good one was just under 18 the rest were 6-12 with a school of perch mixed in. Lots of lookers on the jig rod but only two takers, compared with the last few days which was all jig rod action. Looking forward to being able to drive out once the cutter stops going through so I can fish deeper a bit more without long walks

What depths have you been hitting? I have hit 8-14 so far but have been doing decent enough/being to lazy to serch alot

What a great time I had on the river this morning. Finally found a spot I like.

yeah this morning was awesome!! i wound up with 9 between 17 and 22 all within just under an hour. Got 4 on the jiggin rod and 5 on the bobber. --hart -- were you up river more or in the harbor?

hey hound32 i havnt been down yet this year.how is the parking, any lots plowed thanks

5 trucks out on the ice at 3pm today 3 of them ventured out a good ways towards the channel

Cutter is still cutting until the 26th I think it was. Hound is that right? I wouldnt drive a truck yet. I always wait a few good cold nights after they stop cutting. Wheelers and sleds are the way to go or pull by hand. Not a lot of snow so pulling by hnad is pretty easy.

I have had spots 16-18" thick and others about 11".

good to know.last year i parked in that little turn in spotted right past the boat launch. is that plowed?

Not enough snow to need plowing you can park jsut about anywhere you please robert I tried to look up when they stop cutting but could not find the info. Two of those trucks were side by side right in front of that big ship on the south shore out from the point near the channel wonder what they would so if they saw that cutter coming!!!!

What a diffrence a new day can make. No fish for me this morning. Will go back out around three. My neighbor on lake caught one. Still much better getting skunked on the lake. Then not going at all.

where is the best place to go off of park point in the bay? any suggestions? Whats biting out there?

where is the best place to get on the ice from now with all of this snow? Im just looking to pull the portable out there so i wont be venturing too far.

Drive to the End of Park Point and you will see everyone out on the bay. Plenty of spots to park and pull out.

Was a slow morning for me also Philip missed two and caught a 35" sturgon we provided some entertainment it has been good for the last week so a slow day was due

Man lots of trucks out tonight. I hit a out of the way spot I could walk to close to home and it payed off a bit. I landed 2 fish 1 was 24" and the other a nice fat 26.5"er. Both came on a Glow Red Lindy rattlin flyer. Also got 1 smaller eye about 14" on the daedstick. Only had about 1 hr. to fish so it was a ok night.

Ill see if I can get the pics up off my phone. Might have been too dark. Thats one down fall to fishing alone.

Nice fish northlander those are some good sized eyes. It sure is hard to take pics by yourself on a camera phone they let you get an idea but sure do ruin good fish. Good to here the flyer was hot those lures work good down there but have not used them alot this year almost as good as stop signs. My buddies want me to pan fish with them for a couple days so I will be away from the bay...leave some big girls for me out there

What depth did you hit?

Funny how there are no trucks one day then the next they just start to multiply hope everyone stays msart and safe witht that channel still being opened

I was in about 11' of water. My best lure is usually a size 5 glow/ green jig n rap or moonshine rap but lately they just dont want them.

Slow night on the bay. Saw what I think were nice eyes or pout but they wouldnt hit anything.

Out of 6 guys I talked to only 2 keeper sized fish were caught.