• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crazy Crazy Crazy!

Yeah my wife definately thinks that I am crazy to get up at 3:00 in the morning to go duck hunting! She is probably right but I gotta do it, it's in my blood. Now late goose on the other hand...I haven't acquired a taste for that yet.

Elwood you ain't that far away, we gotta meet or set somthing up for next year.

The geese quit useing the two fields I have been hunting. We still got lots of birds on the river but the Swan lady has been feeding corn since the cold weather set in and really screwed up the pattern.

Last night I counted 627 geese that landed next to bridge park and over 300 divers and 300+ mallards all flew by or landed on the river right there in town.

I got a river spot to hunt that can be good I just don't have that many floaters I had 1 1/2 doz taken last year in a parking lot. and have only about a doz left.

Plus the hound just got his paw caught under the truck and so I lost my cold water goose getter. 950 dollars that was.

I can still get birds I just have to be selective about what I shoot, so they don't get down stream on me.

Give me a shout and we'll put something togther.

I've got a dozen floaters they arnt in the greatest shape but they work I would like to get out once more this year I also have a ten ft jon that works pretty good on the river. used to hunt the river alot but kind of lost my favorite spot due to an scenic over look eek so I kinda gave up on that spot.

It would be great to get together to hunt this year or next year.

Aint it great to see those geese and ducks and its all because of the swan lady I heard they tried to make her stop feeding them but the swans were dieing of starvation so they told her to start up again. dont know if its true but its what I heard.

Hope your dog heals alright or is it heels grin

I got invited to do a last day field hunt tomorrow so I'm going to give that a go.

It should be fun to whatch the old boys try to get out of the ground blinds all bundled up like Ralphies little brother.

3 of them over 65 LOL.

The dog is healing up great and I'm pulling the cone off during the day but back on at night.

We gotta hook up for some ice fishing Elwood if your game then we can plan a couple of hunts for next season.

I got a place to hunt the river in the afternoon on Monday If you interested in that and have the time.

Post back today after the vikes game today or earlier and we'll see what happens.

If I dont head to the Iowa boarder for some pheasant and bunny action I would be up for it. I will post as soon as I find out whats going on.

what time you thinking of heading out and where would you want meet Im not going south so sky carp are in trouble. I've got some work to do but I probally can make it in the afternoon

[PoorWordUsage] ringnecks flying by too fast, the stupid guys that set up 100yds down, buddies falling backwards out of the boat, the B.S.ing, and no sleep all while planning tomorrows outing. Im already scouting for next year. My addiction is so bad I gotta go online to talk about it. God, life is great when you're a duck hunter.

To original post. For many 20 years ago in many places there wasn't a huntable amount of local giants to hunt, it was just coming on strong once they relocated some of them from Rochester to places like New York Mills and others. Lucky for me in the 70's I had a huntable amount in the New York Mills area. I like the size of the goose, sure you can get a turkey that is standing still and ground pound it as they are a big bird also and can hit ND for a tundra swan or sandhill crane, but locally these are the biggest flyers a guy can go after and as our local duck and migrating duck population is in the bottom of the tank, luckily those stamps can get some use. It's about the calling, decoying, everything else you get to see in the early AM, they are super easy to scout, the people we all hunt with, plus we get to dress up like the military, and it passes time to deer season and hundreds of other reasons not to mention I love duck and goose jerky, took years to perfect the recipe but got it down now.

That's more greenheads in one shoot than I've shot in the last decade in Minnesota. Actually 1 duck would be more than I've shot in the last 10 years in MN. Why ? I don't have the heart to shoot the few I see while goose hunting.

I seen lots of ducks on youth waterfowl day, but after that I thought mallards were extinct

my only consolation to a poor waterfowl season here is that I go to arkansas for a week in January. Its nice to have a back-up plan every year

I ended up in the field with the old coots today, what hoot!

Whatching the old boys try to pop out of the ground blinds today was a gas. And then to top it off I set up my blind so the Super X would kick the spents right at the guy to my right.

I hit him 5 times out of 9. We ended up with 3 and should have had 6-7. Elwood stay in touch man and we will make it happen.

I sent a friend down to my spot on the river today and haven't heard how he did yet.

Merry Christmas. and keep on whack'en

this is my all time favorite picture i have got while duck hunting. its straight mn late season waterfowling while people were ice fishing.

IMG_5105-1.jpg

the arkansas part is what I was talking about laugh got room for me in your suit case grin Good luck sledneck

just heard a report from my buddies that live down there that the hunting is spectacular right now. This cold weather and snow throughout the midwest must have helped push them down.

GRRRRR I really want to go down there. but I would be divorced be for I hit the state line grin Its a good thing I love this woman I call my wife laugh