• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr8icefishinmind

• Big Dave2

• croixflats

• james_walleye

Originally Posted By: gr8icefishinmind
I still don't get what him being an elite rb has to do with his fumbling problem! Obviously we all know that he is a top notch back.......but he has a fumbling problem that he should fix!!!!

What do you think about the fumbling numbers now? AP's the man, I don't know why you have to nit pick and be a hater. Now you are saying Peterson doesn't take hits and isn't a bruiser?? lol

When did i say that?? All i stated was that bettis was more of a power back and inside runner than AP is, never said AP wasn't a punishing rb cause obviously he is!!!

AP is the man, i would just like to see him work on his carryin so i didn't have to cringe everytime he got hit worrying about his fumbling issues that HE DOES HAVE!!!

Limit, how many 3rd and 8s do the Packers have?? Alot more than the Vikes, thus forcing the pass more. Grant has done nothing until this past weekend for 2 years now. Rodgers throws more than Favre, therefore the yards will come. I am done trying to talk common sense into you.

Once again that doesn't hold water, just as the argument that Chris Johnson runs more than Peterson and therefore that is the reason he has had a better year in rushing doesn't hold water.

Just look up the stats once before posting. Rodgers only has one more pass attempt per game than Favre. That's only 15 more attempts by Rodgers than Favre thus far this year, yet Rodgers has almost 500 more completion yards on the season.

I'm not sure how it could be any more plain to see that Rodgers is a top-tier QB and Chris Johnson is the #1 RB, no matter how hard you don't want to admit it.

Just look up the stats once before posting. Rodgers only has one more pass attempt per game than Favre. That's only 15 more attempts by Rodgers than Favre thus far this year, yet Rodgers has almost 500 more completion yards on the season.

The difference here is the majority of Favre's passes to start the season were 10 yards or less. I remember seeing a breakdown/comparison between Rogers and Favre after the first 5 games, but I don't remember where.

And how many of Favres passes are under 10 yards? Rodgers over 10 yards?

How on earth did this thread turn into a Farve vs. Rodgers ordeal? I thought we were talking about Adrian Peterson and the fact that he does not fumble any more often than any of the greatest RBs of all time?

AP is the man, i would just like to see him work on his carryin so i didn't have to cringe everytime he got hit worrying about his fumbling issues that HE DOES HAVE!!!

Please explain your position. I don't understand why you still don't believe that AP is no more a fumbler than any of the greatest backs in league history. I have proven my case using statistical evidence. Please be kind enough to do the same. Just because YOU feel that he fumbles too often is not enough for me. That is like stating that neither Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson are good backs because neither of them reached 3,000 yards and 75 touchdowns. All these players are statistically ABOVE average at their position.

Face it, QBs throw interceptions. RBs fumble. WRs drop passes. It's all going to happen. You will never completely get away from it. If the player is doing these things at an average statistical level or BELOW, how can you say it is a problem?

So...Let me see if I get the Rube Vibe...

Peterson is not a fumbler...

He's the second-best back in the league...

We can jump on his back and ride him to points every drive...

And he has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the best backs in NFL history...

Got it...

Awesome...The pieces are in place...

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers, unless I am looking at his stats all wrong, it appers that he has 10 fumbles on the year and had 10 fumbles last year. Not to mention 7 INTs this year and 13 INTs last year. How come no one is accusing him of being a fumbler? Favre only has 2 fumbles and 7 INTs this year. In fact, only 1 QB in the top 10 has more fumbles than Rodgers.

So...Let me see if I get the Rube Vibe...

Peterson is not a fumbler...

He's the second-best back in the league...

We can jump on his back and ride him to points every drive...

And he has earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath as some of the best backs in NFL history...

Got it...

Awesome...The pieces are in place...

No player or team for that matter scores on EVERY drive. The rest of your questions can be answered as yes and proven statistically. This one is rediculous.

Please explain your position. I don't understand why you still don't believe that AP is no more a fumbler than any of the greatest backs in league history. I have proven my case using statistical evidence. Please be kind enough to do the same. Just because YOU feel that he fumbles too often is not enough for me.

I do not really care if it is not enough for you and i do not disagree that he fumbles no more than some of the greatest backs ever. But it is complete ignorance to blow off the fact that he fumbles too much isn't it?? Cause he does, my evidence is in the games that he plays and the way he handles the ball...nuff said!

Well let's hope AP learns (Like the rest of the greatest backs in NFL history have) and his fumbling will diminish over time, this kid is amazing. Chris Johnson is awesome too, but I'll take AP since I'm one of the purple kool aid drinkers which happens to be my favorite flavor.

LMIT, you can stick to your Lime-aid.

I do not really care if it is not enough for you and i do not disagree that he fumbles no more than some of the greatest backs ever. But it is complete ignorance to blow off the fact that he fumbles too much isn't it?? Cause he does, my evidence is in the games that he plays and the way he handles the ball...nuff said!

You don't see the contradiction here?

Since I'm objective I like all flavors. smile

Don't you mean you are objective toward any team that is NOT in Minnesota?

You don't see the contradiction here?

None at all.........

all peterson had to do was step out of bounce since he already had the first down. but hes not that kinda player. He wants to always get that extra yard

Soooo what is your point? He wants to get the extra yard.....so cover up the ball in doing so!

As of the 2008 season, the top 5 NFL players in fumbles are all QBs:

1) Warren Moon - 161

2) Dave Kreig - 153

3) Brett Favre - 147

4) John Elway - 137

5) Drew Bledsoe and Boomer Esiason - 123

None of these players were any good either! I'm sure their technique was all wrong. Too bad gr8icefishingmind wasn't there to help them with their problem.

1) Warren Moon - 161

2) Dave Kreig - 153

3) Brett Favre - 147

4) John Elway - 137

None of these players were any good either! I'm sure their technique was all wrong. Too bad gr8icefishingmind wasn't there to help them with their problem.

AGAIN.........when did i ever say peterson was no good????? Round and round we go is right, haha, time to put this thread to a rest. I think we've all made our points and said the SAME THING over and over again. But I have never said that peterson was no good so i don't get where you get that idea from.....are the little birdies flying around your head telling you these things??

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

1) Warren Moon - 161

2) Dave Kreig - 153

3) Brett Favre - 147

4) John Elway - 137

AGAIN.........when did i ever say peterson was no good????? Round and round we go is right, haha, time to put this thread to a rest. I think we've all made our points and said the SAME THING over and over again. But I have never said that peterson was no good so i don't get where you get that idea from.....are the little birdies flying around your head telling you these things??

You don't agree that these players had poor technique in holding on to a football? How could you not? They have more fumbles than any other players in NFL history.

They also have the ball their hands EVERY snap and if it is a bad snap the qb gets the fumble and if it is a bad handoff the qb gets the fumble. It is also a fumble if the ball gets slapped out of the qb's hand while attempting a pass.

That is probably one of the worst comparisons you have come up with so far Dave, so lets just agree to disagree!!

They also have the ball their hands EVERY snap and if it is a bad snap the qb gets the fumble and if it is a bad handoff the qb gets the fumble. It is also a fumble if the ball gets slapped out of the qb's hand while attempting a pass.

That is probably one of the worst comparisons you have come up with so far Dave, so lets just agree to disagree!!

I agree that this is why QBs in general have the most fumbles, but why do these SPECIFIC QBs have the most? Must obviously be something they are doing wrong, right?

Maybe it just goes to prove that the more times a player touches the ball, the more likely he is to fumble.

Not really, fumbling an exchange between qb and rb could be the rb's fault but it will still get put on the qb.

Peterson only has the ball in his hands 25 times a game these days. He must be working on his skills though cause i just saw him cover the ball with 2 hands and believe it or not he still gained some extra yards which according to you would have killed his running skills by covering up the ball.....come on man!!

Anyone who watched AP today and says they would take anyone over him right now is delusional.

THERE IS NO FUMBLE ISSUE

Just a guy who's keeping pace with the greatest of all time.