• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

Originally Posted By: ANYFISH2
come on guy's he LOST 1 fumble today. So did Harvin, Berrian, and Farve. It was a team (offensive) loss tonight. Yes he has a problem and needs to shore it up in the off-season, but he not responsible for this game.
2 fumbles lost the fist one was charged to Favre. The First one was Peterson's fault for not having the presence to keep his arms far enough part to receive the ball and it didn't help matters that Favre had to lunge to get the ball to him. And it still was 3 fumbles in a game a dependable running back cant do that in a championship game. Defend him all you want those fumbles cost us 14 points and 2 possessions

The 2 fumbles A.P. had never cost the Vikes anything. They were both recovered by the Vikings and picked up first downs after to continue the drive. The Favre/Peterson fumble only led to no points being scored by the Vikes.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr8icefishinmind

• Big Dave2

• croixflats

• james_walleye

Published 2 weeks ago before the Dallas game, but still relevant:

Possible Tragic Figure: How can you pick between Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson, Brad Childress, Wade Phillips, Tony Romo, Roy Williams, Marion Barber and Shaun Suisham? Any of them could single-handedly derail this game. Of all of them, Peterson has the most to lose (he's one more big fumble away from being saddled with permanent fumbler stigma) and Childress has the least to lose (short of coming out after halftime without pants, or actually setting a challenge flag on fire and burning it, he couldn't do anything that would shock Vikes fans).

It's not just the hometown rubes who know it...

The ESPN guys are all over it.

More to come.

The 2 fumbles A.P. had never cost the Vikes anything. They were both recovered by the Vikings and picked up first downs after to continue the drive. The Favre/Peterson fumble only led to no points being scored by the Vikes.

The Favre/Peterson fumble happened at the 10 yard line, and when the game ended as a tie, that fumble (which was at least 3 points lost) was HUGE

And dont forget the home town rubes forcasted this ,in a indirect way, . Was this an act of a many a prophet or a jinx.

How about the fumble he chased down and recovered? That was the most amazing play of the game in my opinion - pure athleticism.

If you're a Vikings fan and are Pro-trading AP... You don't know anything about football. Sure he fumbles now and again, but first off, fumbling can be corrected (ask Tiki Barber). Secondly, even if he fumbles he's still a HUGE part of our offensive success. Every time AP is on the field he helps our offense, even if he doesn't touch the ball. Opposing defenses game plan around Adrian Peterson. If you take away AP and put Chester in the backfield you won't get the extra defender in the box - That means no deep balls to Sidney Rice, no wide open slot receivers... basically it means we wouldn't be an elite offense.

"How about the fumble he chased down and recovered? That was the most amazing play of the game in my opinion - pure athleticism."

and blind luck!

"How about the fumble he chased down and recovered? That was the most amazing play of the game in my opinion - pure athleticism."

and blind luck!

what does that matter, the fect that he fumbled on the 3 yardline with less then a min in the half to play, is were we lost the game.........period

Bass N Spear...

I just wanted to point out how he made a great play after the fumble. He beat out 3 defensive men to the ball, who were all in better position to recover the fumble. OBVIOUSLY the fumbles were a bad thing, but thanks for reiterating again for us all.

what does that matter, the fect that he fumbled on the 3 yardline with less then a min in the half to play, is were we lost the game.........period

OK, so now the Vikes had already lost that game in the 1st half? Second half was irrelevant? 12 men in the huddle meant nothing? Interception was meaningless? Cointoss in OT was not a factor? Nothing that happened in the 2nd half meant anything?

if AP can skate maybe he should try hockey. atleast he wouldnt have to hold on to anything but a stick. but then again he would probably drop that too! maybe he should carry a football filled with lead around all off-season.

612_1264705259.jpg

"Ball's on the ground! Ball's on the ground! Give the ball to Peterson: ball's on the ground!"

I thought I was getting over it but this pregame has stirred up my buried emotions.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm glad Peterson isn't kicking and stomping his feet like a little baby, thats what the rest of the league does when they don't make enough money.

Peterson one of if not the best RB in football is making only 760k this season, he's one of the lowest payed players on the Vikes roster.

Kluwe make more money for crying out loud lol!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/roster

The only reason he's not the BEST is his fumbling problem. Hopefully he addressed that in the offseason. It sounds like he may have.

You're right though, incredible value for a guy who has already played 3 seasons and delivered some barbaric punishment to DB's and LB's. With the way contracts are setup, the guys who are really risking everything are the ones playing their guts out on a rookie contract. Major injuries must be in the back of their mind.

Forsure, but the BEST changes every year and he's definitely been in the top 2 or 3 since he's been in the NFL. He's a proven player, some of these RB's have a breakout year then go downhill.

We have alot of nice young talent that are gonna be looking for paydays, If Peterson was being a baby like all the other NFL players we'd be totally screwed right now.

I'm glad he's a Viking, he brought this team from duds to studs his rookie year pretty much by himself. He's gonna have a big pay day!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I'm sure he's not hurting for money from his bonus he got when he signed.

He's going to have a nice payday next season.

haha im sure nike paid him pretty well to

• 1 month later...

Even though our lame coaching staff has a knack for forgetting we have AP he's having a great season. I feel bad for anyone that thought we should of got rid of this guy.

Lets get back onto some stats.

Peterson

Rushing Attempts- 180

YDS- 857

Y/G- 107.1

TD- 7

Receiving-26

YDS- 257

TD- 1

Fumbles- 0

Chris Johnson

Rush attempts- 178