• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

No dtro, watch the game later today when the REAL RB of the league goes for 2000 yards. (and a lot less fumbles).

Not sure what Peterson's performance today is proving? 32 yds?

wow. impressive.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gr8icefishinmind

• Big Dave2

• croixflats

• james_walleye

No dtro, watch the game later today when the REAL RB of the league goes for 2000 yards. (and a lot less fumbles).

Not sure what Peterson's performance today is proving? 32 yds?

wow. impressive.

I will be willing to bet that CJ's team will not be up by 31 in the first half.

I don't know if you bothered to pay attention to that first drive by the vikes but just about every play was made possible off of a play fake to AP or using him as a decoy on the other side of the field.

I didn't know they had a pro bowl position for decoys.

Maybe they didn't want to risk a likely Peterson fumble deep in Vikings territory which would have put the Giants into the game early, and a lot less reluctant to lay down like they did in the 2nd quarter.

BTW, Peterson only carried the ball 9 times for 54 yds. Thats a 6 yds per carry average plus a touchdown.

And in case you guys didn't notice, Chester Taylor fumbled today. He must also have a problem with technique.

Probably why they took him out and put in Albert Young grin I say trade Taylor for draft picks since he can't hold on to the ball, Young will do just fine wink (note the sarcasm)

• 3 weeks later...

Let the first two slide........but THREE in one game! C'mon AP!! At least we recovered them!

It is a never ending struggle......it will be fun to see what james and the others that don't think he has fumbling problem have to say!!

Two important games he peterson fumbles and I still would take Smith over peterson grin

AP is the best back in the league...just ask the purple fans! LOL

I'm a purple fan and one of the very few that think he has a fumbling problem!! He is one of the best but not THE best!!

If you don't think Peterson's fumbling is a problem, then you are a dumb human.

If you don't think it cost us a game tonight...you are stupid.

I can understand and appreciate the determination but question the awareness.

Peterson is good with short yardage...goaline...and protecting a lead.

Don't you think defenses gear up for Chris Johnson? He still seems to get his yards.

Peterson's football savvy and awareness...and hands...are questionable.

I like him and don't want to see him gone, but can't defend him tonight.

Goaline backs grow on trees.

Funny...I thought we had this discussion 8 weeks ago...

I wouldn't trust Peterson with my newborn in a crowded mall-

Would you?

The fact that Peterson was relegated to spot duty should be all any knowledgeable football fan should need to see. Aikman touched on it numerous times.

Peterson is a....er...WAS...a decoy for 3 months...

Until defenses realized he was no threat....on the sideline.

This may be the most ridiculous post I have ever read about AP. Was his fumbling a problem? Yes. Did it cost us the game? NO. What cost us the game was all the turnovers combined, Harvin's was bad, Peterson's two were bad, Favre's was bad.

Is Peterson the best RB in the league? No, Chris Johnson is. Is he in the top 5? Absolutely. I sure hope you weren't able to type about Peterson being a decoy for 3 months with a straight face, because I sure can't read it without laughing out loud.

come on guy's he LOST 1 fumble today. So did Harvin, Berrian, and Farve. It was a team (offensive) loss tonight. Yes he has a problem and needs to shore it up in the offseason, but he not reasponsible for this game.

come on guy's he LOST 1 fumble today. So did Harvin, Berrian, and Farve. It was a team (offensive) loss tonight. Yes he has a problem and needs to shore it up in the off-season, but he not responsible for this game.
2 fumbles lost the fist one was charged to Favre. The First one was Peterson's fault for not having the presence to keep his arms far enough part to receive the ball and it didn't help matters that Favre had to lunge to get the ball to him. And it still was 3 fumbles in a game a dependable running back cant do that in a championship game. Defend him all you want those fumbles cost us 14 points and 2 possessions

Would you?

I would, As long as the baby isn't leather and shaped like a football.

the reason the first fumble happened was becasue NewO got penatration and pushed the left sifr of the OL backward throwing off the footwork of AP and then Favre as he had to change his delivery of the handoff.

Watch the replay.

Peterson is to fumbling as Favre is to throwing interceptions. Both great players but both will be known for one thing at the end of their careers.

Originally Posted By: Loon

Would you?

I would, As long as the baby isn't leather and shaped like a football.

Now that's funny right there.