• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2009 Frozen Four Rematch on Friday - #6 Bemidji vs. #1 Miami!!!!!

mr_jman

The game is in North Dakota @ Ralph Engelstad Arena for a holiday tournament. Once again on nuetral ice, and the game will be played at 4:07pm on Friday! Really wish I could make it up there, or that it was broadcast on TV somewhere! Hope its a good game with the underdog winning!!!!! Anyone know if it will be on the Bemidji tv channel. There is also a website that streams video for $7 a game of most smaller college athletic events. Anyone heading over... North Dakota is also playing there over the weekend in the 4 team "tournament" I don't believe BSU and ND play regardless.

When I saw that tournament on the schedule last year I wasn't sure how exciting that weekend would be but now.......

Friday

#1 Miami vs. #6 Bemidji State

#4 North Dakota vs. Ohio State

Saturday

#6 Bemidji State vs. Ohio State

#1 Miami vs. #4 North Dakota

Three of the top six ranked teams in the country in one weekend. There should be some good hockey being played there this weekend for anyone who can make it.

Go Beavers!!!!!!!!!!

Should increase either BSU or North Dakota's pairwise ranking if they can add a win against Maimi. I'm all for a return of WCHA dominance in the national scene. I realize BSU is not in yet, but will be next year so close to the same thing.

Go Beavers!

WCHA domination would be a nice thing to have again, but the WCHA has gotten completely hosed in the national tournament since all four teams in the finals were WCHA. It's not our fault we're better at hockey cool

That will be an awesome tourney if anyone gets to go. I don't think it will be televised down here, too bad. I have tickets to the Dodge Holiday Classic, but knowing the Gophers performance as of late, it won't be pretty.

The game is in North Dakota @ Ralph Engelstad Arena for a holiday tournament. Once again on nuetral ice, and the game will be played at 4:07pm on Friday! Really wish I could make it up there, or that it was broadcast on TV somewhere! Hope its a good game with the underdog winning!!!!! Anyone know if it will be on the Bemidji tv channel. There is also a website that streams video for $7 a game of most smaller college athletic events. Anyone heading over... North Dakota is also playing there over the weekend in the 4 team "tournament" I don't believe BSU and ND play regardless.

We're heading over to Grand Forks for the weekend. The two Miami games will have PWR implications for both BSU and UND. tOSU should be a whipping boy for both teams. Looking forward to all four games. The BSU games are not on TV as of now. The KKBJ website streams the radio broadcast. The UND games are on the FSSN and Fox College Sports.

There's still tickets available. Check Ticketmaster or the Siouxsports website and look under Forums.

The BSU games are now available via webcast. Go to fightingsioux dot com, click on the multimedia tab and go down to live video webcast. You'll need to create an account. You can pay $6 for a single game or $10 for both (one month access).

UND games are on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

BSU stuck it to Miami Ohio 3-2. They could be the rank number one next week. They have Ohio St tomorrow.

I would highly doubt Bemidji gets the #1 seed. If Miami beats North Dakota it will help Bemidji's cause, but my guess will be the 3/4 seed after this weekend provided they win tonight!

With Denver spliting with St Cloud, UND and Miami tying,and BSU losing Saturday. The rankings probably won't change much not that the rankings mean a whole lot. I think BSU is a legit team and have as good of a chance of taking the NCAA tourament as Denver or UND.

Went to the UND Miami game Saturday night. I thought UND had that game won and just gave it to Miami. They seem to go from being dominant one period and sloppy the next. I don't know if Hakstal is getting mismatch in lines or what. Hopefully UND figures out away to play a full 60 minutes come tourament time. Maybe UND and the Beavers will meet in the regionals or even the frozen four, that would be cool.

It is really too bad that Bemidji doesn't play North Dakota this year as they have done home and homes in years past. It would really be a good matchup with a lot of traveling fans for both games I would think. Bemidji does get a home and home with Duluth though!

As far as rankings I see Miami dropping a spot. North Dakota and Bemidji will be about 3/4 or 4/5. Tough to give an edge to either after the way the weekend went. Maybe Bemidji slightly but ND has played a few better teams. I guess we will see when the rankings come out tomorrow.