• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

Boy, both you and him got nice bucks, Gordie! Congrats!

By the way, my eldest son is just like yours. He dropped a doe the other night at 200 yds. Dropped her in her tracks. He turns to me with a little smile and just says, "Keeping the streak alive."

He's shot a deer for four years in a row, dropping every one of them right in their tracks! He's a crack shot. Certainly better then I am anyway. laugh

But he gets more excited about Fantasy Football points then any other single thing in his life!

probably should have let this one live another year. I'm very happy anyway!

I was gonna say... happy... you look ECSTATIC!!! grin

Nice bucks everyone! wink

full-12488-39145-image.jpg

After a lot of hours sitting on the stand and not seeing a single deer during shooting hours I had this guy come in on my last sit of the gun season. Not the biggest rack but he was a pig. Glad to get the first one down. Now on to fill a doe tag with the bow.

TW, that shed looks familiar. grin

One of the guys I hunt with's step son is a photographer. He tagged along with us one day and shot a few deer, with his camera. Here's a couple cool shots.

One of the gals in our group shooting her first.

full-1978-39157-deer1.jpg

This one was kind of cool. We saw this guy a ways off, and ended up getting him. The guy tanking the picture said, "He turned his head and smiled at me, kind of laughed." Well, we got the last laugh. I'm not going to post the pic he took of me gutting him, but he's in the freezer now. This pic was taken aboot 1 second before a slug went into his boiler room. He didn't have a clue. I was in the thick stuff right to the left of him.

full-1978-39158-deer2.jpg

Kinda to the west of town

I know of a couple friends who shot real nice buck around elko as well

I hunt North of the track. Seen plenty but nothing that interested me until today, got these 2. full-1929-39160-imag0892.jpg

full-1929-39161-imag0893.jpg

I got this guy on my annual canoe-in hunt in NE Minnesota. It was a great year as I saw 14 deer in 7 days of hunting, which is more than the last 4 years combined. This was the 5th buck I saw (after 53 hours shivering in my way-too-small climber stand) and, although he was not a giant, I decided to pull the trigger. Every time I look at his rack I'll think of "the year the river froze solid" which is another story altogether.

Lots of great deer, congrats to everyone!

full-28108-39176-2013deer3.png

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Wow some great deer have been taken. Great job to all.

NoWiser I hope there is a detailed report like the last few years as I and many others look forward to hearing about your adventure into the BW. Congrats and hope to read about the trip!!

I got this guy on my annual canoe-in hunt in NE Minnesota. It was a great year as I saw 14 deer in 7 days of hunting, which is more than the last 4 years combined. This was the 5th buck I saw (after 53 hours shivering in my way-too-small climber stand) and, although he was not a giant, I decided to pull the trigger. Every time I look at his rack I'll think of "the year the river froze solid" which is another story altogether.

Lots of great deer, congrats to everyone!

Have to say I was thinking of you on Tuesday morning when I was freezing my butt off, wondered about your river.

Thanks purplefloyd. There is nicer looking bucks in the pics then this old guy. Not sarcasm. I don't shoot a lot of bucks and I don't know if this is a nice buck or not. The symmetries are not there as I am used to seeing but then the oddball lookers are sometimes neat to see as well. Great pics everyone and congrats. My highlight was my 12 year old got his first deer! A little three pointer! laugh

Shot this 10 point Brute from my oak ridge stand last Sunday, 11-10-13 at 2:15pm in the big woods of zone 197. 30-06 did the trick at 60 yds with one shot to the lungs/heart. He Grosses 148 6/8 and had 6 1/8 total deductions. Weighed in at 198lbs feild dressed.

I sat opener all day 6am till 6:30 pm (had a doe right under my stand from 5pm till way past light on sat - couldn't leave as I didn't want to spook her), then sat again Sunday from 6 till he came cruzing through at 2:15. Saw 2 does Saturday and 2 more mid morning on Sunday. Funny - I was standing up eating my 2nd (mid afternoon snack) - had a mouth full of pretzels when he came in / as I shot him. Had around 2,000 pictures from 7-17 to 10-5 from my camera in that spot - and he wasn't in a sinlge one of them. Safe to say he was looking for a girlfriend.

10pointbuck11-10-13.jpg

Wish I had some better pics but my camera's batteries were dead (go figure), and the only ones I have came via email from a smartphone. I'll post better pics of him when I get him back from taxidermist. Great mass throughout, 6 and 7 inch bladed brows, a 10 inch G2 and 8 inch G3 on right side. His left side was a bit curved in and each G2,G3,and G4 were a tad shorter on that side. Couldn't get my hand around his bases.

full-14310-39218-angie6edited.jpg

My pride and joy buck! Shot on Sunday morning. Was a very cool story, in my opinion! smile

I sat and watched a doe and a spike chase around for almost an hour right away in the morning. Took out a sandwich, because who doesn't eat while watching deer...that's when the real action starts, right? Two bites into my delicious cold salami sandwich the doe walked across the trail 80 yards away. Expecting to see little spiker following I continued to chew on my sandwich, waiting for his appearance. Low and behold the woods had a secret when this boy stepped out into view. I threw my sandwich down in a second had a shot fired off for the kill. I continued to finish my bite of sandwich as I waited out the dreaded "wait" after a shot. This 10 pointer was dead 20 yards from where I shot at him. I WAS and still am SO VERY EXCITED!!!

Thanks everyone!! It was a very cool hunt! I am so proud! Thank you thank you thank you!!! smile

What I love seeing is all of the pics with the kiddos and their deer. I think shooting a deer, respectfully and following ethics and laws, is so very important to teach them! Seeing the faces of these kids and their smiles is what makes it all so well worth it! Thank you to the parents that take the time to give up their own opportunity to hunt to get the kids out and teach them right. I, as a once young hunter, thank my parents for the opportunity and for teaching me what I know. If I did not have hunting, fishing and the outdoors; I wouldn't have anything!

I was wondering if Hot Spots Outdoors could do something with the kids's pics? Like a special kid section or something? Let them show off their pics and brag? Just a thought...either way, keep it up everyone! Love seeing the pics!

Thanks everyone!! It was a very cool hunt! I am so proud! Thank you thank you thank you!!! smile

What I love seeing is all of the pics with the kiddos and their deer. I think shooting a deer, respectfully and following ethics and laws, is so very important to teach them! Seeing the faces of these kids and their smiles is what makes it all so well worth it! Thank you to the parents that take the time to give up their own opportunity to hunt to get the kids out and teach them right. I, as a once young hunter, thank my parents for the opportunity and for teaching me what I know. If I did not have hunting, fishing and the outdoors; I wouldn't have anything!

I was wondering if Hot Spots Outdoors could do something with the kids's pics? Like a special kid section or something? Let them show off their pics and brag? Just a thought...either way, keep it up everyone! Love seeing the pics!

What a great post. You nailed it for so many of us. Most of us had someone to show us the way in this great outdoor passion we have. Passing it on is the only way it will survive for generations to come.

HSO already has a forum for kids, though I'm not sure it's exactly what you you're looking for. It's here:

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/352/1/Extreme_Outdoors_NextGen_Young

Fisherchick you are right on! I had my 12 year old son with me this year again. While we didnt get a deer, we saw some and had some great stories to tell. I always consulted with him about our next "plan of action" so he could help and feel like he was making decisions. Then I would explain why x led to y which led to z. He is really picking it up, but in the day when electronic devices consume so much of their time it is hard to keep their attention during the "down time". It was very rewarding, but I still blame him (wink wink) for not looking the other direction when a doe came within 10 yards of me before I saw it while sitting on the ground (he was in the stand above me). Its a hilarious story we will share forever.