• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

tarvaris jackson is not the future in my opinion. i would rather keep sage and webb. the scenario would be if farve went down and sage it would be webb. that would be unlikely. a guy like webb is a better bet. you can always pick up sombody in emergency situations. but jackson is not consistant and has no poise and panic's. good luck.

If Favre went down tomorrow with a career ender the team would be better off with Sage. I'd rather keep all of them just in case and just have Webb use up a roster spot. Say Favre went down and then the back up went down shortly after, what are we gonna do then hand it over to Webb?

This may be way off the wall, but if Webb has the speed and agility, cut Sheppard and let Webb fill in for Cook. If the guy is as much of an athlete as everyone's been saying, give the guy a shot. He's got the hands and the speed. Atleast we could keep Sage on the roster that way.

Tarvaris Jackson finished preseason 12-of-26 for 60 yards.

Yes Chilly, he is a great QB. What a joke. Seems many think he got so much better watching Farve. He must have been watching with his eyes closed.

I have said for a long time, dump both Chili and T-Junk. But, since the Vikings are having good seasons, the fool will stay. If Farve were to gets hurt this season amnd T-Junk plays, that should be all it will take for Chili to go.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Wow,

Last night he did not look good at all. That Joe Webb guy looks very good.

Wouldn't it be cool to send T-Jack and Sage to Cleveland for McCoy?

Wow,

Last night he did not look good at all. That Joe Webb guy looks very good.

Wouldn't it be cool to send T-Jack and Sage to Cleveland for McCoy?

I would do that, but I dont think Cleveland wants both. I think Sage should get a chance to see what he can do as a starter.

Sage could find himself in Pittsburgh depending on what happens with ben and how bad Leftwich is hurt.

Ben got his suspension dropped to 4 games instead of 6, and Leftwich is just as bad as Junkson so maybe they would want him instead??

I think the Vikes will keep all four q-backs on their roster for now. It's a little late to get any value at all for these guys in a trade...those teams who hope either TJack or Sage will be cut and then sign them will eventually pony up for at least a reasonable draft pick for one of them when the time comes.

Tomorrow's news about the final roster will tell alot. I hope they DO NOT try to sneak Webb through waivers to put him on the practice squad...he'd be gone in a second!

You don't get nicknames like Junkson, T-Junk, T-Joke, ect, for no reason!!
Similar to other name-calling of Vikes from Packer fans smile

True Vikings fans would NEVER do that.

It's a proven fact Packer fans love Junkson. There's no other QB in the league true Packer fans wouldn't want us to have.

• 2 months later...

Time to fire this baby up again..... gringrin

I can't believe I'm saying this but either T-Jack or Webb needs to play the rest of the year (preferably Webb!). They can't play any worse than Favre has (knock on wood) and there is no point in Favre playing any longer this year.

Derek anderson, matt moore, and jimmy claussen. What about them? They are the three starters out there who have lower ratings than you know who this year. Ouch.

Heard a rumor that Favre is going to retire after the green bay game. As of now I feel 50/50 about that, but it's making more and more sense as the game gets near.

Why would it make sense for Favre to retire after the Packers game? Nothing makes sense around here, Child still has a job and Junkson is still on the roster.

I guess I could see it if we loose the game.

I'm not saying it is going to happen, just that I could see it. We would be 3-7 and no hope for the playoffs...why would he want to stick around to get the %*&^) kicked out of him for a loosign season. He only wanted to come back for the ring anyway...and to get out of the house while texting gate was going on argue.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to bring this up in light of the nice game by T-Jack....

Enjoying your tasty crow T-Jack bashers.

Many were predicting a Bills win and T-Jack goes in and leads us to our most lopsided win all season.

A lot of pretty good throws and some pretty good reads as well. Some of you need to acknowledge you were wrong grin

T-Jack did what a QB is supposed to do...win baby win.

He doesn't look like our future but he looks like a serviceable back-up.

If you want to bash then sidle up to your humble pie loaded with crow smile

But he would never have won the game without the great D, some awesome catches and a great day by Peterson. It was a team effort and not a win on the back of Jackson. Then the great field position that the D gave the offense.

So much more to the game than just Jackson it surly would appear.

I guess we have forgot about all the others that played so well to make Jackson look good. He still has his intercepts with poor throw's.

I have no issues giving Jackson credit but this was not the game to do it. I don't care who was favored, we beat a 2-10 team. WOW.

It scares me that he played well with 3 int's. What is a bad game? 5 int's?

3 int's a game has been Viking football all year. Thats what happens when you have the gunslinger as your mentour. grin