• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

Not a chance. Vick is leaving and McNabb is staying. It would cost the Vikes way too much to get him, besides who is saying Favre won't be here next year?

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

Doesn't look like ziggy is too afraid of spending money smile If favre stays, that's good...if not, I'd go after mcnabb. He's just like "junkson", the only difference is, he doesn't SUCK!

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
T-Jack has shown nothing to make anyone think he can lead this team to anything other than a 1st round playoff loss.
If you had watched Vikings game film and T-Jack as much as you watched Houstons game film and Sage you would know and have seen T-Jack lead us to an NFC North Division Championship last season.

Now you have even more crow to eat. laugh

....and a 1st round playoff loss. Like i said, if your happy with that outcome and don't demand anything more, junkson is your man.

Doesn't look like ziggy is too afraid of spending money smile If favre stays, that's good...if not, I'd go after mcnabb. He's just like "junkson", the only difference is, he doesn't SUCK!

Good humor JBM grincoollaugh

Also, if you want to watch the games, you better have the money to go to them, because with "junkson" under center they're sure to black out just about every home game. I highly doubt ziggy is going to want to lose out on all the tv money, so that reason alone is why we'll have someone else taking snaps instead of ol' "kneel down magee" wink

Jimmy Clausen would look good in purple smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here's a little trivia for you haters:

Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He attempted four passes in mop-up duty, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them.

Young QBs do have rough beginnings from time to time.

For those who truly watched, T-Jack had a lot of very good moments last year as well. Even elite QBs like Favre have bad games. Just look at Favre's game against the Cards. Very similar to our performance against Philly last year and not even close to our Performance against those same Cards last year. smile

Here's a little trivia for you haters:

Favre's first pass in an NFL regular season game resulted in an interception returned for a touchdown. He attempted four passes in mop-up duty, was intercepted twice, and completed none of them.

Young QBs do have rough beginnings from time to time.

I'm not sure I'm a hater but the there is a difference between a guy coming in for the first time in mop up duty and a guy who has a season and a half as a starter. Plus Jerry Glanville did not like Favre and did not want the Falcons to draft him. Favre was destined to fail in that situation.

So skip ahead to the very next year, Favres first as a starter for the Packers:

He played in 15 games, completed 64.1% of his passes for 3,227 yds, 18 TDs and 13 INTs.

T-Jacks first year as a starter:

He played in 12 games, completed 58.2% of his passes for 1,911 yds, 9TDs and 12 INTs.

And that was one of Brett Favres least productive years and T-Jacks MOST productive year.

All I am saying is I don't think you want to start comparing Brett Favres career stats to T-Jacks.

For those who truly watched, T-Jack had a lot of very good moments last year as well. Even elite QBs like Favre have bad games. Just look at Favre's game against the Cards. Very similar to our performance against Philly last year and not even close to our Performance against those same Cards last year. smile

Sure T-Jack threw 4 TDs in that Cardinal game last year but it was not him that always got the vikes in position to throw those TDs. T-Jack was 11 for 17 for 163 yds.

I fixed your incorrect and mis-leading stats you posted again Dave.

T-Jacks best year was last year `of course, he completed 60 percent of his passes with 9 TD and only 2 interceptions and a 94 QB rating.

Good try though!

Quote:

He played in 12 games, completed 58.2% of his passes for 1,911 yds, 9TDs and 12 INTs.

And that was one of Brett Favres least productive years and T-Jacks MOST productive year

I fixed your incorrect and mis-leading stats you posted again Dave.

T-Jacks best year was last year `of course, he completed 60 percent of his passes with 9 TD and only 2 interceptions and a 94 QB rating.

Good try though!

Quote:

And that was one of Brett Favres least productive years and T-Jacks MOST productive year

That depends on what you mean by productive.

2007 - Played in 12 games had 294 attempts 1,911 yds, 159 YPG ave and 9 TDs

2008 - Played in 9 games had 148 attempts 1,056 yds, 117 YPG ave and 9 TDs

Please don't FIX anything for me. I can tell for myself which year was more productive.

For the record the facts are...

A season with 9TD's and only 2 interceptions along with a QB rating of 94 blows away a season in which a player passed for 9 TD's had 12 interceptions with QB rating of 70.

Go ahead and keep your head in the sand on this if you like....and I'll continue to correct your mis-leading and factually in-accurate data at no charge...LOL

How could 2008 be his most productive season when he was benched after 2 games?

He only played in 9 games that season. How is that productive?

Completion percetage means nothing when you only throw 2 yard outs to safety valve RBs and TEs all day for a 117 yards per game average.

Completion percetage means nothing when you only throw 2 yard outs to safety valve RBs and TEs all day for a 117 yards per game average.

In your sold called most productive season T-Jack averaged 6.5 per completion and in his most productive and best season so far "which isn't very good at all" he averaged 7.1

again if you want to think the 07 season was better than 08 even though every single stat was better in 08 thats your problem. I'm simply setting the record straight.

Go Favre.. grin

LOL,

Big Dave2, give it up. Pier is right laugh

And there is also a differance between a QB Ron Wolf coveted...gave up a 1st round draft choice and a player for as well as over-ruled the Dr. who wanted to cancel the trade because of a failed physical and a QB who was drafted as a developmental QB who didn't get the chance to develop before being thrown in the fire.So 2008 is a good reference point and

T-Jack did LOOK GOOD while he was leading the Vikes to a Division Championship.

Good thing for us is he is now getting the chance to develop under Favre. He should be ready to go as soon as Favre leaves.

If not then Sage can have his shot smile

I too say "Go Favre" smile

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

In your sold called most productive season T-Jack averaged 6.5 per completion and in his most productive and best season so far "which isn't very good at all" he averaged 7.1

again if you want to think the 07 season was better than 08 even though every single stat was better in 08 thats your problem. I'm simply setting the record straight.

Go Favre.. grin

You guys are hilarious. You can "average" things out all you want to create your own "misleading" data but Averages don't cut it. Final stats are what tell you how good a player is.

By your own example above we are both wrong. His most productive year so far would be this year because his y/a this year is better than 6.5 or 7.1 this year it is 10.6 and his QB rating is 124.0.

So is 2009 T-Jacks most productive year?

LOL,

And there is also a differance between a QB Ron Wolf coveted...gave up a 1st round draft choice and a player for as well as over-ruled the Dr. who wanted to cancel the trade because of a failed physical and a QB who was drafted as a developmental QB who didn't get the chance to develop before being thrown in the fire.So 2008 is a good reference point and

T-Jack did LOOK GOOD while he was leading the Vikes to a Division Championship.

Good thing for us is he is now getting the chance to develop under Favre. He should be ready to go as soon as Favre leaves.

If not then Sage can have his shot smile

I too say "Go Favre" smile

You are the one who drew the comparison between Favre and T-Jacks first games, not me. I thought it was a rediculous comparison in the first place.

And just to set the record straight, I was a fan of Brett Favre for many years before he came to the Vikings. Back when you were a Favre "hater".

T-Junk 2007 1911 yards 2008 1056 yards. Favre 2009 after 13 games 3341.No brainer.

Quote:

Thats a loaded question.. grin

I think most would agree it is because he's not playing..LOL

But back to 5th grade math no a season in which you haven't played "much" would not be his most productive.

Quote:

Thats a loaded question.. grin

I think most would agree it is because he's not playing..LOL

But back to 5th grade math no a season in which you haven't played "much" would not be his most productive.

So how about 9 games?

LOL,

I think I just proved this to be incorrect and misleading as well. grin

Are you related to Bill Clinton?.... smile

Depends on what your definition of the word "are" is? wink

Wow, now the call is on for T-Jack to Replace Favre...hmmmmm

It would've been a win/win becasue we could have protected Brett while T-Jack won the game for us laugh
Originally Posted By: leech~~
That maybe why Favre didn't want to come out of the game?
Originally Posted By: Wadinator
I kind of wish ol Favre would have "let" Childress pull him. At least TJack had a chance of running away from Peppers and the rest of the pass rush.

As it turned out, making the change certainly wouldn't have made our offense look any worse.

I thought Bert was the answer when our running game was bottled up, hmmm looks to me like he has made it worse.

I hope you are kidding with my quote. laugh

T-Jack might still be in the hospital this morning trying to extract Peppers helmet from places unknown had he played last night.

I guess I should have enabled the [sarcasm] code [/sarcams]

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Wow, now the call is on for T-Jack to Replace Favre...hmmmmm

Originally Posted By: dtro
It would've been a win/win becasue we could have protected Brett while T-Jack won the game for us laugh
Originally Posted By: leech~~
That maybe why Favre didn't want to come out of the game?
Originally Posted By: Wadinator
I kind of wish ol Favre would have "let" Childress pull him. At least TJack had a chance of running away from Peppers and the rest of the pass rush.

As it turned out, making the change certainly wouldn't have made our offense look any worse.

Hey Rick, isn't it Perjury to steal quote's from other posts! laugh

its funny when the coach wants junkson to be slaughtered instead of favre....the o-line is playing horrible thats it...don't pretend you didn't know that speed rushers KILL our tackles...its been like that forever.

LOL,

you guys are funny and I KNEW FG would HAVE to respond with some cute little justification laugh

its funny when the coach wants junkson to be slaughtered instead of favre....the o-line is playing horrible thats it...don't pretend you didn't know that speed rushers KILL our tackles...its been like that forever.

Unfortunately for FISHINGURU his justification for starting T-Jack supports having T-Jack the mobile QB play when we have speed rushers going after our QB. FG did say forever.. grin

Which logically follows that now FG is also supporting T-Jack as our starter whenever we go against a speed rusher. whistle

FISHINGURU must have been sick of all the crow he's been eating to propose that cool

hey rick i think you have symptoms of a concussion because you are a space cadet.

i'll never want junkson to play give it a rest...funny how you feel the need to go into all the threads and try twisting peoples words...like anyone really wants junkson in lmmfao.

do some research and figure out the only reason they thought about benching favre is because he was getting murdered..why do you think they benched mckinney instead? a 2nd grader would of decided to double peppers though instead...kinda like what teams do to us each and every play when jared is destroying them...well except for your team the pack!! you must of broke something over your head after watching big ben come down and destroy you guys!!

I couldn't believe you spouted off in support of T-Jack either. I must admit it did seem spacey laugh