• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

Sorry I haven't been here to feed you guys. Hopefully someone else will take over those duties. You seem hungry! This time of year, it's time to get on the water (or in the woods) and off the computer. Sprinkle in a little football, baseball playoffs, and the start of the hoops and puck seasons...no better time of the year!

Thanks for confirming that video was just an optical illusion, LMIT. I figured it must be. After all, he can't do any of those things. Not even once (never has, never will I think are the words commonly used), let alone consistently! I can't wait until Friday when he will be released or traded. Oh wait, how many Fridays are we waiting for again?

As far as the bashing comment, maybe you should look back and see the context that it really was instead of twisting it. I mentioned how people will rip him for anything, even the way he wears his hat. I explained how this really lends a lot of credibility (or lack thereof) to the side that bashes him. It was a very general comment of bashing, no specific incident, as pretty much ANY incident involving him will be bashed on here. You then responded on the next post saying that I am missing the point, "we aren't bashing the guy." Yes, you mentioned the St. Louis drive. And in the same breath, you say that it will be a lost season if he's ever allowed to start again. (Going off of memory, the wording may have been a little different.) The point being, you can't even NOT bash him without bashing him. Sadly, maybe you don't even realize it. And that would be my reason for funniest quote of the year on FM!

Aaron

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

Sorry, it absolutely was in the context of that St Louis drive and you know darn well thats where it originated. I'll spell it out for you again, people werent bashing him for the drive against St. Louis, some people just arent willing to give him all kinds of props for it.

Perhaps you were then responding to something out of context. And really, whether it's in context or not isn't even the point. All in one breath you were saying that you aren't bashing and then went on to bash him. Good stuff, I like it! No reason to get all worked up. I'm giving you kudos for quote of the year!

Aaron

Perhaps you were then responding to something out of context. And really, whether it's in context or not isn't even the point. All in one breath you were saying that you aren't bashing and then went on to bash him. Good stuff, I like it! No reason to get all worked up. I'm giving you kudos for quote of the year!

Aaron

Dude what are you talking about?? Yeah i bash him, i don't think hes very good. Again, people were not bashing him about the rams drive and that was what was being spoken to. How hard is that to understand?

Not hard at all. Again, maybe that's what YOU were talking about. But that's not what it was in response to. And again, this is completely irrelevant so debating that is pointless. (As is the entire T-Jack debate)

We arent bashing the guy. We just arent going to give him props for a comeback win against an 0-16 team. We arent going to give him props for beating an AZ team who had mailed in the regular season. We arent going to stroke him for beating the giants 2nd and 3rd stringers. We arent going to give him all kinds of praise for a drive against the rams. If other people want to "forget" the circumstances that go right along with any decent performance he has had, thats fine, go ahead. If this guy ever leads this team again into a season as the starter, it will be a lost season, period!

As I said, all in one breath. THAT was the point.

Aaron

One thing I noticed in the video was that Travaris was always scrambling. Even the second he gets the ball from the snap he runs back 10-15 yards no wonder he only made 7 yard passes!

Not hard at all. Again, maybe that's what YOU were talking about. But that's not what it was in response to. And again, this is completely irrelevant so debating that is pointless. (As is the entire T-Jack debate)

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
We arent bashing the guy. We just arent going to give him props for a comeback win against an 0-16 team. We arent going to give him props for beating an AZ team who had mailed in the regular season. We arent going to stroke him for beating the giants 2nd and 3rd stringers. We arent going to give him all kinds of praise for a drive against the rams. If other people want to "forget" the circumstances that go right along with any decent performance he has had, thats fine, go ahead. If this guy ever leads this team again into a season as the starter, it will be a lost season, period!

As I said, all in one breath. THAT was the point.

Aaron

I'll spell it out further. We arent bashing him for the drive against the rams. We are bashing him for other things. 2 points, in one breathe. Not me talking out of both sides of my mouth like you are implying. If you take it out of context like you are trying to do, yeah it looks funny. Put it with the multiple posts before it, its really not hard to understand and its just another post...

Actually, I'm not trying to say you're talking out of both sides of your mouth at all on this point. I'm simply saying that you can't NOT bash the guy without bashing him, as I stated previously. You aren't alone here, so I apologize for just bringing your post into this. Most people in the camp that you're in can't talk about T-Jack without bashing him, no matter what the topic is. Look at the "released or traded" thread. No matter what the topic, people will find something to rip him on no matter how big or small it is. People could probably find issue with how the guy eats and sleeps

And I agree, put the above quote along side the posts before it (specifically the very post it was replying to) and it's not hard to understand. The three prior posts to yours, the topic had gone back to LMIT's favorite picture of T-Jack on the sidelines. You brought it back to the Rams drive when the conversation had gone away from it. It is what it is and it doesn't change the point I'm trying (unsuccessfully, obviously) to make.

Aaron

My nomination for quote of the year is in my signature. Funny that it is also by James. Funny guy. smile

I don't have as strong of an opinion about T-Jack as some of you, but I will say he has shown some improvements. I think he just needs to learn how to relax out there. That is easier said than done in an NFL game and can take some time. I hate to say it, but he reminds me of Cullpepper a little bit except he's about 50 pounds lighter. I'd like to see T-Jack succeed whether that is in a vikings uniform or not (as long as it's not against the vikings).

How was the fishing Aaron?

Nice. I must have been on to something with my nomination for James!

Fishing was alright, nothing great. Still looking for the big girls. Got into some very nice pike. But the muskies weren't as cooperative. Gonna hit some new water tomorrow and see what happens. It should only get better from here on out. Should be a fun 40 days of the season left. Hopefully the ice holds off for most of it!

Aaron

Tjunk is his name for a reason!! He has already shown his true colors. I hope we come up with a decent replacement when #4 is gone.

Honestly, I think neither are progressing. TJ has played all of one drive, and Sage...none. SO as far as progression goes both are lacking I am sure. But with a healthy #4 under center, it really is a moot point. Let them both get better once Favre hangs up the cleats and rides into the sunset. Until then, I hope they both work hard at practices and learn a thing or 50 from Favre.

I think Sage is learning a lot from Brett and that he'll come out guns blazing come next fall. LOL!!!!!

SO how is Sage progressing this year? Have you been keeping up with his game film james?

At least it looks like Sage is trying to soak up info from Favre, unlike someone else.

What do you mean.......did u not watch the last game??? Jackson was with favre wayyy more often than sage was!!

the number one thing is that unlike t junk sage can call plays and change plays. t-junk can only and I say only run the play called or run like heck once a defensive lineman crosses the line.

I give him a very good scramble credit. BUT THAT IS IT

he's OK at scrambling but he's undecisive if he should still look down field or tuck it and run...you can clearly see hesitation...if your gonna run then run...i like when he finally decides to run but then changes his mind 7 yards downfield and throws it lol.

Originally Posted By: fishin58
SO how is Sage progressing this year? Have you been keeping up with his game film james?

At least it looks like Sage is trying to soak up info from Favre, unlike someone else.

Quote:
I love how this thread has evolved; now you guys are arguing over who has their nose buried the deepest.

Well said, thanks for the chuckle smile

I love the logic (or lack of it) - The TV showed Sage standing by Farve on the sideline so Sage must be progressing.

Maybe Sage was standing by Farve because Tjack had the headset on and Sage had nothing else to do laughlaughlaugh

i know one thing that hasn't changed for me...i'd still rather go into a season with sage leading the team over junkson anyday.

That must be why you and the Vikings have decided to make Sage the 3???? Also there were some recent grumblings from the Rosencopter on the sideline, and he was talking about how Bert was going to wreck a drive......

Booty is with the team, on the practice squad. What has Booty shown you that makes you think he is the chosen one anyway?

I agree fishin58.

Booty is with the team, on the practice squad. What has Booty shown you that makes you think he is the chosen one anyway?

I agree fishin58.

Booty is not on the team he is unemployed! The Vikes cut him

He is so great we have cut him from the team twice and magically no other team has picked him up.

He is currently not on the practice squad, Deandre Wright was put on there as a deeeep prospect at corner. If Winny cant go, and all other dbs fall apart.

If Favre gets hurt Tjunk will not be the answer.

Tjunk will not win a game if he has to replace Favre.

There are 31 Second string Qbs that are better than Tjunk.

Tjunk will not win a game if he has to replace Favre.

I love how you guys think you can see the future and predict the future!!! Seriously, get real!!!