• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Forest Lake ice fishing contest

I just bought my ticket online and print of the reciept but how does that work do you just bring that copy to register at the booth.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fishapalooza

• Swimbait2009

• Fishman11

• FishGuru

I just bought my ticket online and print of the reciept but how does that work do you just bring that copy to register at the booth.

FishGuru - We will be sending your tickets out this week. You should see them by mid next week.

Hurky2002 - We don't yet have a youth division, but will be working on it for 2011. Sorry.

I understand that there is a shuttle service but is it possible to just have someone drop you off at the gate?

I was thinking I would bring a sled to cart my stuff around.

I get dropped off, but not at the gate. The cops won't let vehicles get that close. I just have my ride drop me off 1 block to the north and then we pull our otter sleds out. Short walk to the ice and your there.

Can I bring my Clam Kenai shack/sled if I don't flip the shack over? I'd like to have the sled along, but I know they say that shacks are not allowed...

I'm not trying to be difficult, but we have to stand firm on the rule of "no shelters allowed".

Sorry.

Can a person bring his own beer?

Yes! As long as they are not glass bottles.

You are welcome to bring any food or drink you like. If you don't want to carry all that stuff out there, we do have plenty of food vendors and the VFW will be selling singles, 12packs and cases of beer on the ice.

I was looking at the previous tourney winners, and all but about 3 fish were Pike. Is this fairly common to only have Pike on the leader board, or does it very from year to year depending on where the holes are drilled?

I bought my tickets just now, but my mailing address has just changed, and it's different than my billing address for my credit card. Any way we can make sure that the tickets are sent to correct address?

I was looking at the previous tourney winners, and all but about 3 fish were Pike. Is this fairly common to only have Pike on the leader board, or does it very from year to year depending on where the holes are drilled?

It may vary a little bit from year to year, but your best bet is to target pike.

Hey Dan

This will be my first year at Fishapalooza and wondering what the usual depths are?

Thanks-

Glad to see you coming Fish to Win!!!

Depths within the contest area vary from 6ft to 19ft.

Good luck at the contest!

Dan

This also will be my first year at the contest and I was wondering if I can bring a GPS to the contest?

This also will be my first year at the contest and I was wondering if I can bring a GPS to the contest?

Yes you can.

can you claim a hole before the tourny or is it a shotgun start

You can come in the contest area starting at 8am, wander around checking depths, and pick what ever holes you like. You'll have your choice of over 15,000 of them. shocked

The shotgun start was discontinued 3 years ago. Partly because most everyone hated it and partly because the insurance companies really hated it.

If I am going to fish with a Tip Up can I get that thing ajusted to were I want it before the tourney starts given that I don't have any bait on It??

I believe you can check depth as long as there is no hook of some sort... so I read, on the rules.

What I'd do is drop the line with a sinker and check it on your sonar, then mark where the line stops with a tip up bobber then put my hook on and get ready for the start! Good Luck.

If I am going to fish with a Tip Up can I get that thing ajusted to were I want it before the tourney starts given that I don't have any bait on It??

You can check depths like Fishman11 says and set up your tip-ups or rods, but at 11:40am until the start of the contest, no lines in the water please.

Just wondering how long it takes to get the tickets? I purchased them last weekend and still nothing. Just hoping you didn't forget about me.

Just wondering how long it takes to get the tickets? I purchased them last weekend and still nothing. Just hoping you didn't forget about me.

Email me at [email protected] with your name and I can check.

Hey Dan

The rules say no one is allowed in the contest area before 8am. Is there a huge line then to get on at 8am or do you allow some on a little before to avoid a mad dash?

Thanks-

Hey Dan

The rules say no one is allowed in the contest area before 8am. Is there a huge line then to get on at 8am or do you allow some on a little before to avoid a mad dash?

Thanks-

We're asking that you wait until 8am to allow the drillers(if we're drilling in the morning) and the vendors to get set up. Security will ask people to wait outside the contest area until 8am.

Thanks

Hi. I have never been to one of these contest. I got my tickets already. Just wondering what to expect.

Is every one all serious about the fishing or is there a lot of partying. I take it you can bring your own bevs.

I see they drill all the holes and from reading other posts they might do them the night before. Does a person realy need a chipper or can you get threw it with the end of your scoop.

any help would be great for this newbie. thx

this will be my first time at the FISHAPALOOZA, but i have fished the Brainerd tournament before. there are definitely lots of people that will be serious there, because there are some very nice prizes. But don't get me wrong, there will be even more people there just to party hard!

They drilled the holes the night before at the tourny i was at and with the cold weather it was refroze plenty thick. a chisel would be a great idea if ya have one. a flat claw hammer or hatchet works well also and fits in a pail easier.

Hi. I have never been to one of these contest. I got my tickets already. Just wondering what to expect.

Is every one all serious about the fishing or is there a lot of partying. I take it you can bring your own bevs.

I see they drill all the holes and from reading other posts they might do them the night before. Does a person realy need a chipper or can you get threw it with the end of your scoop.

any help would be great for this newbie. thx