• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Forest Lake ice fishing contest

I was at flickabirds bar tonight and heard a couple of guys talking about the forest lake ice fishing contest is going again this winter. Checked out there website. Dont say much except that there back. Sweet. I love that contest.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fishapalooza

• Swimbait2009

• Fishman11

• rushlakeboy

I look forward to that one. I won a marcum camera at their last contest, plus it raises a lot of money that goes to veteran charities.

Yep. Were back for 2010! laugh Hope to see you all out there again for the Forest Lake VFW Fishapalooza Ice Fishing Contest.

We'll be well over $180,000 in prizes this year shocked

In 2008 we were able to raise over $30,000 for charity. We would like to try and double that this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think they go up to $45 pretty soon (if they haven't already?).

I bought a ticket at the ice show for $30, but now I'm finding out I can't go because my lake of the woods trip conflicts with it frown

where can we get them?

Mike's Bait on 8, Frankie's Bait and Marine, Forest Lake VFW, Forest Lake American Legion and on line at icefishingforestlake.com or google Fishapalooza.

Thanks!

The crew from Fishaplooza do a great job setting up this event and an even better job after the event. Two years ago, I was very impressed, the lake was cleaner after the event then prior to it. I know that they care about the resource, they care about the charities they support and they want the people participating to have a fun time with a chance at some really great prizes!

Tunrevir~

Thanks for the kind words Tunrevir! I truly appreciate it.

We work hard after the contest to make sure every scrap of paper, cup, can, etc are picked up. The Boy Scouts help us in the evening of the contest and they do a great job. Then me and a bunch of friends hit the lake in the following days and comb the entire lake and get anything that was missed. We try to leave the lake with little trace that we were there, except for the remnants of 14000 holes.

Thanks again for your support.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to this event in the past. Is there actually room to maneuver around or are you rubbing backs with other people all day? The only reason that I ask is that I enjoy fishing and I enjoy the opportunity to win prizes, but I don't necessarily enjoy them together.

There's a lot of people, but also a lot of holes. When I was at the last one we didnt have anyone really crowding us, felt like plenty of room for the amount of people that were there.

Best thing is that if you do feel like someone is getting too close, you can move over a hole or two and regain your distance smile

We like to drill more than enough holes so people can move around. Last event we had 14000 holes. Probably do 15000 to 16000 this year.

Planning on going and checking out the fishapalooza. I was just at the jaycees one in brainerd, was a lot of fun. I think there was around 12,000 people. How much people was at the 'palooza the last time it was held?

You can plan on 5000 - 7000 people at this event. Better chance at an awesome prize.

About 40% of the people buy two holes. They'll usually do a tip up in one hole and jig the other. There will be plenty of holes if you do decide to hop around.

See ya there!

This will be my first year at fishapalooza.

I have some questions:

Do panfish ever win prizes or is it mostly northerns

or big fish?

Is there bait there or do you bring it in?

Both will win..

You will find the northerns dominating the top 50-70 fish. It will be hard to catch 100 plus snakes, next in line is the crappies. You have just entered a lotto, if you enter a panfish!!!! There will be at least 1000 panfish caught. Making your chances at getting on the board tough but could be up for the big "last place prize".

Predictions:

6 lbs northern 1st place

.90 crappie taking the last prize

Bring your own bait, a bucket/bag to bring fish up to the scale. 2 yrs ago I caught a 1.50 northern (56th place) within the first 2 mins of the gun. I went to weigh it in, came back out (20 mins after the gun) and the line was 1/4 mile long. No joke.....

How many fish can you bring in?

You can register as many fish as you like, but only the biggest fish you register counts towards a prize.

Bring your own bait, a bucket/bag to bring fish up to the scale. 2 yrs ago I caught a 1.50 northern (56th place) within the first 2 mins of the gun. I went to weigh it in, came back out (20 mins after the gun) and the line was 1/4 mile long. No joke.....

At the last contest we were weighing in fish at a rate of 6.6 fish per minute.

We have more weigh in scales this year and software to make the line go faster.

WOW! The demand for tickets last night was huge. Our server couldn't keep up!

So we decided to extend the $35 ticket price one more week!

Thanks!

Is there a separate Youth Division?

If so, can those tickets be ordered in advance and how much are they?

Thanks in advance!