• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ya its getting bad when a niebor of mine came home and found a guy standing on his dock fishing for little crappies and he told him to get off his dock and the guy said its a public lake he can to what he wants !!! I just don't get it I drove by the 2 resorts that are having problems and all it is fighting over there they are blocking boats from getting in and out and casting over peoples lines . so is baby crappies really worth that? I would never give up fishing spots but for the sake of these 2 resorts I'm gonna! Lindberg point in 15 feet of water crappies everywhere and crow point. North of battle point and Johnsons bar in weeds.if you can't find crappies on osakis you better take up a new hobby they are all the same size all over lake so no reason to bother anyone.they are 8 inches not even worth keeping !I'm sorry for rambling on but it is getting out of hand for tiny fish people must be desperate or something.I would never drive up to someone and fish because they caught a fish and I think a lot of people sight fish instead of finding their own. I find fish away from people cause when I go out on lake I want to be left alone. So if you want to fight with people when you go fishing pull u in front of those 2 resorts doesn't sound like a fun family fishing trip to me .

On a positive note, We had a great time with the folks at Lakeshore. Always great hosts and make sure we have a good time. And as Osakis cabin stated, we caught fish ALL OVER the lake. Thanks again to the gang at Lakeshore.

The water is public, your friends dock is NOT. It states that pretty clearly in the regs. If the guy was standing on it, he was tresspassing. I wouldn't even have argued with him after that comment. I would have just stepped back and called the sherriff.

Agree with all of you....there is something wrong with our world today when so many seem to feel they have the "right" to anything they want. If they want to fish by your dock, they feel they are "entitled" to do so. They don't care if they are blocking access to your boat, keeping a little kid from enjoying his first time out on the dock fishing, or an elderly couple trying to catch an evening meal.

I think that these folks are probably not good fisherman, if they can't go out in a boat and find their own fish...read a map or depth finder...or use some kind fishing skills of their own. Heaven forbid me from ever becoming this type of fisherman...always looking at where others are fishing. "The grass is always greener..."

Agreed I went to lakeshore yesterday to get some fuel and a guy drove by and asked were Buckpoint was and people said no idea and the guy said he seen it on a HSOforum the crappies are biting at buckpoint .the guy ended up sitting 5 feet in front of a bunch of kids for 3 hours never boated a fish so please be carefull of what you say on websites .it is legal to sit in front of people but how would you like it if it were your kids ,grandkids or dad sitting at end of dock having to fight with people at end of dock or out in boat ! And yes I agree with some people if there is no people out on dock sure you can fish by it but it is a resort they always have people on docks and boats coming in and out .and the funny part is the crappies are not biting in front of docks anymore the people staying there are going out on lake and catching crappies .

Osakis does not have a no wake restriction at this time. At at this exact moment the wind is beating things up much more than any wake could.

How are the walleye's biting?? thinking about heading to Osakis on Thursday. be fun catching Crappies but if there so small, I would rather leave them alone and let them grow up.

is the lake no wake?

Yes and no, the Todd County Sheriff has requested slow no wake on all Todd County lakes but I don't think it is being enforced. By requesting it he is asking that you go slow no wake but not requiring it. Personally, I think being up on plane creates less of a wake than going slow.

Yes and no, the Todd County Sheriff has requested slow no wake on all Todd County lakes but I don't think it is being enforced. By requesting it he is asking that you go slow no wake but not requiring it. Personally, I think being up on plane creates less of a wake than going slow.

I would be more concerned with the wind like UKCM said.

I suggest a "No Hurricane Wind" restriction for Osakis as the last two times up there it has been nothing less than 25+MPH winds into my shoreline!

And no boat wake could even compare to the damage the wind creates, so, why even bother with wake restrictions?

I have lost about two feet of my shore line this year from the wind and waves beating on it. Had a big cattail bog blow through this past Saturday being pushed along by the 30 mph SE wind. Every one in this area scrambled to get their boats, docks and lifts out of the water. Only a couple of docks were damaged, one being mine. The thing is about 1 acre in size. Right now it is sitting up towards the Northwest corner of Schultz's Bay. I thought maybe the NW wind today would get it moving out but it hasn't moved much.

Retired...that just plain sucks....Finlander, I would love your restriction as I am 'wasting' my time off not being able to fish.

Is Osakis a lake where you could get walleyes all day? Or is it only closer to primetime that they bite well? I've only ice fished it, but my dad wants to try it out next week sometime

Six of us in 2 boats, fished Osakis lake for the first time last Saturday and Sunday. Caught 47 eyes out in 15 to 19ft of water on the south end out from Osakis public boat ramp. I was the luckiest catching a 23", 22", 19", 17", and a couple of 15"ers. My son got me by a half inch for the biggest with a 231/2" and the rest of the group only managed to catch 4 at the 15" minimum limit keeper size. The rest were in that 131/2 to 141/2" size. Had the best luck with minnows jigging while anchored but caught some with leaches as well. Both days we ventured up north to catch some crappies for a couple of hours , and catch em we did. 103 of 10" to 12" black crappie. Had a good time and are already planning a trip for next year. The only downside was no public fish cleaning stations and looking for a resort for next year in June, but see they all rent by the week only. If any one knows of a resort or cabin that would sleep ten and rent daily, information would be appreciated.

reata,

sent you a pm on here I see you just registered so not sure you got it but if you need info on a place on osakis email me for info I have one that can be rented by the day. loehning5@gmail I have more info and pics for you

Heading up next week for a week long vacation that is much needed. What's working right now? Depths? Do not need to know exact coordinates or nothing. PM if you wish. Thanks!

Went up on Thur. July 3rd and managed on keeper walleye and one keeper Crappie pulling Crank baits in 16 to 18 fow. Got a ton of pike to but threw all those back.

It was my first time on the lake, figured out there are ALOT of rude, inconsiderate boaters on that lake that's for sure!!!!

Well when you fish public spots that's bound to happen. Get off the beaten path and you will be amazed at the numbers. I have boated several fish 20+ this year staying away from the main features.

Jake I did fish several spot that no one else was fishing. I'm not complaining, I figure for not fishing the lake before I did pretty good. I talked to a guy at the landing that fish's the lake a lot and he only got 2 keeper walleyes that day. We caught other walleyes that where under 15 and a couple that were around 19 or 20 but those went back. I just think people could be a little more considerate of others and go around a group fishing instead of going through them, especially when there just passing by and not going to fish near that spot.

Heard the bite has been good to magnificent might have to make a trip up this weekend. One of my favorite lakes in minnesota.

Wasn't yesterday...no chop at all though...managed a few pike. Did get a few small eyes on Miltona the day before.

Looking forward to being on the lake for a week...head up a week from Saturday. I would like to get a variety of species for the kids...crappie, sunnies, walleye, pike, a few bass to top it off! Hope the wind and high waters don't affect us too much that week.

Miltona has been good lately with limits of fish. I will likely give Miltona or Osakis a try this next week. High winds this weekend tho.

Good to know, Finlander. I think we caught walleye drifting with both crawlers and leeches earlier in June, but haven't been up there since. We threw bottom bouncers out with the crawlers and did pretty well...that is, where we could fish without 4 foot waves crashing into our boat! Had to stay in some more protected areas with the wind.

We'll try our luck with the crawlers again at your advise. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Last 2 weekends have been slow on the lake. Weekend of the 19th had a bunch of buddies up for a friendly tourney and we managed 4 keeper eyes between 6 boats. Plenty of crappies tho. This last weekend went out with grandpa, same results. One keeper over the weekend. Going to experiment this weekend being mobile and stay out late pulling core deep. Tight lines

I've only fished Osakis once before, my buddy has a place on it and i'll be fishing Friday night and saturday morning then off to Ida where I reside! I'll report.

I will be at the cabin on osakis this weekend as well. Ida is an awesome fishery. Tight Lines

Jake, you fishing Friday night or Saturday morning? We'll be trolling around for some eyes at both times.

• The title was changed to Lake Osakis Fishing Reports