• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

5d880ec6-00c2-4e6a-8483-c2168c97a199_zps

Here is my fiance's first buck and first bow kill. She shot it at 17 yards. This buck kept pegging her in the stand so i had to switch trees so she could get a shot at it. So how the story goes she was getting bummed out that day since she hadn't seen anything. Then right at sun down the doe's starting filtering past her and pretty soon this 9 pointer stepped into the opening to give her a clear 17 yard shot. I was 40 yards from her in the field and i watched her buck run across the bean field and pile up. She made a perfect heart shot but the arrow didn't pass all the way threw cause it hit the opposite leg. All i know is that i am very proud of her cause she has been practicing all summer and shooting her bow every chance she has and it paid off big time! Now all she talks about is next year or if we could go out of state to shoot another deer.

Couple of nice deer. Congrats to both. Can't wait for the pictures to start piling in with ruthless just around the bend

After putting a lot of time in the stand already this year it was good to finally draw the bow back. Twice in fact. The first doe didn't present a shot but not long after this big doe gave me a 29 yard broadside shot at 7:50 this morning.

full-178-50377-img_20141025_110253184~2.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Not sure why the pic didn't load? Hmm

ask tom sawyer for help lol

full-34707-50444-img_1420.jpg

After spending quite a few nights in the stand throughout this fall, I was finally rewarded last night with a 30 yard shot on this doe. Nothing huge, but it was an accomplishment nonetheless being it was my first deer. Pretty good ending to my second year deer hunting and my first year bow hunting.

Thanks Swift! I've been after him for awhile. 1st time in that stand in 2 years. The fresh cut corn was the my ticket

srfishin15 - Congrats on your first deer with a bow! Now you'll have time to show your Dad how to shoot some pheasants. wink

full-10023-50573-10_29_14015.jpg

Here is my first bow kill in 5 yrs af archery hunting. many many hours in the woods finally paid off. green score 152 0/8" Taken at 15yds last night at 6:10.

This is my 4th season, haven't taken one yet. Had some great encounters....almost got run down the other night (too bad I was busy pulling cockleburs off my pants) isn't their timing uncanny sometimes?

gotta love it

wannafish2

Halloween buck, shot 425 yesterday afternoon. full-10770-50625-002.jpg

This is a buck we called Slippery. He came in to 5 yards 2 weeks ago and handcuffed me and I couldn't get a shot and then proceeded down the woodlot towards my buddies stand and busted him as he drew and slipped right by the both of us. Yesterday afternoon I was watching a fork with my binoculars and decided to grunt a few times to see if I could get his attention. While watching with my binoculars, this buck came in with the wind, from behind me, and then off to my right and nearly gave me the slip again. What to do, binoculars in hand bow between my knees and nothing to hang the bino's off from as I did not have the strap around my neck. I decided to drop them into my jacket and try and shift and get my bow into place all while this deer was scent checking some doe pee from the previous evening at 10 yards out. He went on high alert when I shifted in the stand to get into position to shoot and bounded a couple hops. At that point I figured he was going to give me the slip once again. As he started to canter towards a clump of trees I gave a short wheeze and he stopped. I came to full draw as he stood behind the trees at 25 yards. Three steps later he cleared the trees and I sent an arrow his way. Quartering away slightly I hit back by the rib cage and caught the lungs on the way through. I texted a hunting buddy and headed right over to assist with getting the deer out of the woods. I waited 1/2 an hour and then got down and looked for my arrow. Arrow was covered in rich red blood and I had good sign within the first 5 yards. I began to track the deer moving slowly and looking ahead for any sign of him. At 50 yards there were to large puddles of blood spraying out both sides with a slight froth. Good lung hit I thought. In 20 yards I came to a spot where it appeared he had bedded down and could see a pinkish watery blood spot which I assumed was blood and saliva mixed but no deer in sight. My friend arrived and we looked at the sign and tracked the deer another 30 yards where the blood sign went to drops rather then sprays. I figured we would see him piled up within the next 20 yards but no such luck. With light fading we decided to mark the spot and come back this morning to finish the tracking. A night of restless sleep and we reconvened at the blood trail 730 this morning only to find scant few drops and a trail going cold near the edge of a swamp. The deer apparently did a ninety degree turn at the edge of the swamp to continue through the woodlot skirting the openings. It took about 45 minutes to figure out the sudden direction change and begin tracking again. 60 yards later we found him piled up and in one piece. The coyotes lost out on a free meal and I was elated and very grateful for my 2 buddies that came out to help look for him with me. I am sure both of them would have preferred to be on stand this morning rather then helping me look for my deer. MY hat is off to them and I plan on returning the favor any chance I get in the future! Upon opening the deer up I got liver on the nearside and the offside lung. The lesson I learned today is that when I saw the deer got up from being bedded I should have backed out and waited but in my excitement I wanted to push ahead and look for my prize. Thinking back and going forward I am going to wait a bit longer before pursuing my next shot. A happy ending and memories made with two fine hunting buds as well as some knowledge when looking at blood spoor will make my future hunts even better. No tag soup for me this year.

Tunrevir~