• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Muskie456

HSO Bear Photo's

jerkbait

Well, here is another. I had my step daughter walk in with me Saturday afternoon. Thinking since the bear was on the bait when I baited Friday afternoon that 2 in 1 out would be a slam dunk. Well it took way longer then I thought it would. I was sitting at 4:30 and waited until almost dark. I was watching the lite fade away and thinking to myself the bear is going to be a no show, I maybe have another 10 minutes and I will have to head out. It wasn't about 10 seconds later I caught some movement out the side window of my ground blind. Holy Carp!! There is the bear walkingg right down my trail to the logs. Watched walk in and then walk around to the back side of the logs. Dang it now he is facing. Had the old 12 ga. pointed and ready and after what seemed like forever(few minutes) he turned and started to climb up onto the logs. I let it rip and the bear jumped and took off running. I could here him crashing thru the brush for a ways and then silence. Called my wife and step daughter to come and help me track. Had good lung blood right at the site , but then we couldn't find any more. So we started working in the direction that he went and I kept crossing over where i thought he went. Finally good blood trail. Went about 80 yards and piled up between 2 birch trees. Now the work begins. Dressed out at 180lbs( I used the Boar's weighing system with the bathroom scale). My first bear, A good start for me. Thing had big paws and a big head.

full-18080-23991-picture010.jpg

full-18080-23992-picture022.jpg

full-18080-23993-picture023.jpg

mrklean

Great job guys

Matt Breuer

Congrats on your first bear, jerkbait!

Boar

Wow! chris that is so awsome! Verry happy for you. Three years in the making an redeemption is at hand! Sweeeet. Its yummy time, bear chili, bear burger, bear roast, bear stuf with bear meat an grilled bear with yummy bear topped with bear. Crazy awsome chris great job! Ha bathroom scale, forgot about that one, lol!

CANOPY SAM

Congratulations Jerkbait! Way to stick it out! Looks like a very nice sized bear. Good job.

certified jumbo

odonata - nice bear, that will be good eats. happy you got it. thanks for stopping by our bear camp. always fun to b.s. and look at a dead bear!!

jerkbait - very nice bear, congrats on that!!

thanks for sharing guys.

ozzie

Congrats guys on the nice bears especially you jerkbait as I have followed along with all the questions that were asked on this site over the last few years and am happy you finally were rewarded with a great looking bear!!

jerkbait

Thanks everyone for the congrats!

KMR85

Here's a couple from opening day. Both shot around 7:30pm by brothers. The one on the left was 275lbs field dressed and the one on the right was 230lbs field dressed. The one on the left had a massive skull and some huge paws (pic doesn't do these bears justice). I don't remember the last time we had 2 200+ lb bears on the same day let alone the same season. I saw a small bear on opening night at about 7:50pm but let him eat because he was of similar size to 2 that I've taken in the past. I maybe should've taken him considering I didn't see a bear the next 2 nights and might not be able to get out again this season. Another hunter in our group saw one opening day at 4:20pm but could not get a shot with the bow. He also didn't see another one on Sunday or Monday. He lives near our hunting location so he should be able to get out plenty more this season starting tonight. On opening day 4 of the 5 hunters in our group saw bears.

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

fowldreams

KMR why hide the faces? They in witness protection program? crazy

CANOPY SAM

Are their faces hidden? I just thought they were a little pale. laugh

B-man715

Good stuff guys!!

Here is the result of a lucky day in the woods for yours truly smile

P1040554-1.jpg

Boar

Ths a great picture, awsome job!

snoozebutton

Nice bear Bman, did you get a weight on him?

B-man715

Nice bear Bman, did you get a weight on him?

Hey Snoozebutton,

How's things up north going? Anybody get any bigs ones over the bait yet?

Saw a few while out running my bealges not far from you. I have 5 acres down at the end of Ross Road.

This critter only weighed 240#. Not too bad for a MN bear smile But it looks huge next to my 160# frame grin

Boar

Yea snooze, ur grandson stick one one yet? Im sure weda haerd. Got reports or pics?

snoozebutton

240 is nothing to sneeze at. We passed up the first bear that came in and my friends saw the pic of him and guessed him at close to 300. Since then nothing but smaller ones. Kind of kicking myself for telling my grandson to hold off.

snoozebutton

This is the guy we were hoping would come in.

B-man715

That little thing????...............

Looks like too much work getting him out of the woods grin

That's why I shoot little bears............ wink LOL

Hey Snooze, where abouts in Springbrook are ya?

certified jumbo

passing on a 300 pounder for your grandson, man you guys set the bar high over there in wisconsin!

hopefully, that big one will give you a shot. good luck.

HooknHorns

Looks like he's way out of shape. Keep us updated.

snoozebutton

passing on a 300 pounder for your grandson, man you guys set the bar high over there in wisconsin!

Normally I wouldn't but that big guy had been coming in an hour before dark for a month. Then 2 days before the opener he turned nocturnal. Had to hold out at least the first day for him.

B Man, we're half way between Springbrook and Earl on Chappell Rd.

Jarrid Houston

Snooze...let me know if your interested in shooting one up here in south range... Or if you know of anyone with a License to shoot in Area D! I got many bear on my private acreage.....

snoozebutton

Appreciate the offer Jarrid and we may take you up if we haven't gotten one by that last weekend in September. Getting my grandson out isn't as easy as I thought it would be, seems like almost every night he's got something going on at school.

Jarrid Houston

Understand! But if you want a sure bear, just let me know.. You know how to get a hold of me...gd luck to you guys!!!