• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

High school football

BK19

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave S

• bassNspear

• Big Dave2

• BK19

I think BP will beat Mayer tomorrow night. Atleast by 14.

BP played Mayer a couple of weeks ago. I think the score was 34-17. BP has Norwood tonight for homecoming. I thought they were playing Montgomery but I was wrong, that's next week.

I hope it's not too wet tonight!

Thought I heard they played Mayer tonight. My bad.

I checked the forecast and they're saying a 90% chance of rain throughout the day.

It will be a muddy mess tonight.

Ya muddy mess is right! Its going to get cooler as well, good for players, bad for refs :P

LOL, it hasn't started to get cold yet. A few years ago there was frost settling on the turf when the LSH Giants were in Eden Prairie. Who were they playing again????????????? Oh that's right, it was another loss to GSL grin

LSH did shut out SE 16-0.

I do give SE credit for playing us as tough as they did. The first half ended with no score. I thought they were going ot come back and score with 9 seconds left, but the QB slipped and went down inside the 5.

Definitely not one of Le Sueur/Henderson's better games.

One thing I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is why would you put your QB out on defense? Why risk the injury?

Another thing they need to work on: If it's 4th and goal for the opponent, like it was tonight in the 3rd qtr and they pass for the TD from outside of the 20, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INTERCEPT THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE!!!!!! mad

LSH did shut out SE 16-

One thing I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is why would you put your QB out on defense? Why risk the injury

I was talking talking to the wife about the exact thing I mean we have several quality players that could be playing in that defensive position also swanny needs to learn how to look down field when he rolls to the left he always tends to look to the other end zone and doesn't see open receivers and ends up taking a loss, I was really hoping the coaches were going to kick for a extra point on the 2nd td as they were going to win anyway but they didnt

I was really hoping the coaches were going to kick for a extra point on the 2nd td as they were going to win anyway but they didnt

I was thinking the same thing. Did you happen to watch the SE quarterback when he threw the ball. His head was going all over the place and wasn't really looking at his target.

LSH did shut out SE 16-0.

One thing I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is why would you put your QB out on defense? Why risk the injury?

I think it just comes down to the fact that this is small town HS football. You only have so many good athletes to work with and most of the time your quarterback is one of the best athletes on the field. In this league most of the kids are playing both ways. you just don't have enough GOOD athletes to do it any other way. Usually the QB will play D-Back which gives him a little bit less chance for injury. BP has had QBs in the past that have played linebacker on defense. Your best RB is probably playing linebacker or somewhere on the defense. Everyone on the team has a chance of being injured but for me it all comes down to defense anyway. I would rather see my best players on the field for defense. It doesn't matter much what you can do on offense if you can't stop any one elses offense.

I was surprised to see that Holy Family had a tough time with Mayer Lutheran. Looks like ML was ahead for the first 3 quarters of the game and HF had to score 2 unanswered TDs in the 4th quarter to win the game. Maybe HF is human after all!

As BK19 mentioned earlier, we've got the talent to keep the QB on the sideline when our defense is on the field.

If one player on our defense fails to make a tackle, the coaching staff needs to realize one thing:

If they tell a person to move back it's going long and the QB calls an audible at the line for the receiver to run a slant, DON'T SCREAM AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS when the player you told to do one thing gets burned because of your play calling. Just another thing I have a problem with.

Don't make them pay for it and try to prove a point by putting a Sophmore QB on the field in their place.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
and GSL shuts out yet another opponent.

Four games and zero PA. Not too shabby.

This team just keeps getting better and better. I would like to see a match up of GSL against teams like Eden Prairie.

SHould have been a closer game. One of our crews ref it, and GSL scored three times on Special Teams, and Litchfield dropped two passes in the end zone! Cant give up points like that to GSL

I guess annandale finally scored against gsl,holy family beat jordon 42-LSH beat norwood 21-6 they even kicked for an extra point ,I wasn't able to make it to the game though wcco ch 4 will feature the HF VS belle plaine @ BP next week

It was worth the rain/cold just to see LSH kick an extra point. Dose was turned down by the coach after the 2nd TD. He finally sent the kicking team after the 3rd TD. Practice paid off as Dose's kick split the uprights down the middle. wink

Beyond that, it was a sloppy mess. Hopefully the LSH field will be in better shape for the B-Squad game on Monday.

Got to watch Totino Grace for our Chisago Lakes Homecoming. That half back that Totino has is a special kid. Man is he quick.

Turn out? For the start of the game, pretty darn good. Suppose there were 3K peeps? Rain hit really hard before half time. Right about the time the T-G half back went 40 to the house, 60 to the house on back to back plays.. when they had the ball.

Rain had a negative effect on the LSH B-Squad game yesterday. We lost to NYA 14-6. frown

Now if the LSH coaches would only establish a better weight training program, we'll be able to physically compete. wink