• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

High school football

BK19

I agree with what your saying, but you also answered your own complaints. Maybe they don't have a long snapper or kick holder who could do the job right every time.

Most people who are good enough to play in highschool play, maybe this guy just developed into a better kicker later or was exposed to better coaching at the college level. Obviously he got noticed by someone if he went on to play some where.

The long snapper isn't the issue, nor is the lack of a kicker. Where they lack is putting the guys together on the practice field so they get their cadence down. As BK said, we have the guys who can put the ball through from 45. They just need the committment from the coaches to establish a kicking game.

As far as the kicker I mentioned in my last post, he didn't develop into a better kicker. He was an unused talent who always had the ability. He finally was given the opportunity to play to his ability.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave S

• bassNspear

• Big Dave2

• BK19

I think LSH needs to use this as a practice year as the next 2 years should be great ones

I agree 100%. Belle Plaine showed us we still need to work on our pass coverage. We'll see how the B-Squad does tomorrow against BP. Should be a good game.

Three games into the season and GSL hasn't allowed a single point. That's some tough D.

Playing well, and had played hutch and orrono, so thats two high powerfull offences! Keep it up boys!

Well lesueur/henderson lost against belle plaine 14 to 12 it really frustrates me when they always try for 2 pat instead of kicking for 1 I believe the 2 point should only be used IE: when you are down by 2 with a few seconds left in the game not when you are down 14 zip with 2 quarters left grrrr

Guess what they were working on today when I drove through the parking lot. I almost shed a tear cry but only because I was laughing so hard.

Wonder if the coach didn't see your other post in the local forum wink Either way, glad to see they're putting some effort into the kicking now.

Well I am sure Mr. Rick bruns saw it and I know he goes on here also not to mention the announcer heard me talking about it @ applefest this weekend yeah believe or not sometime my mouth is a little loud LOL

I would go for 2 every time. The percentages of getting things right on a high school team with an extra point are far lower than a 3 yard play. Lets do the math, if your team scores 4 td's plus all 4 ex points = 28. 4 td's with 2 conversions of three yards also = 28. What do you think has a higher percentage of success. Without a doubt, the latter.

I would go for 2 every time. The percentages of getting things right on a high school team with an extra point are far lower than a 3 yard play. Lets do the math, if your team scores 4 td's plus all 4 ex points = 28. 4 td's with 2 conversions of three yards also = 28. What do you think has a higher percentage of success. Without a doubt, the latter.

I'll do the math for last Friday night in BP. LSH was 0% in PAT attempts. Had the odds really been in their favor kicking field goals, they could have atleast tied the game and taken it to overtime. At that point I am very confident in our defense that we could have held BP to a goose egg in o.t.

What are their odds for kicking field goals when they don't practice it? 0% Trust in the team and allowing them to practice an essential part of the game will greatly increase the odds. See my earlier post about a past kicker from LSH.

Our kicking game is there. After watching Bruihler kick for a touchback in yesterdays B-Squad game was proof enough for me to know the potential is there. How many other kickers have you seen that tip the scales at 250-275, take a 5 yard drop, 3 step approach and send one to the endzone? Not bad for a Sophmore. wink

I agree with BK19 about this year being a good practice year for the team. Next year will be the team to watch. The numbers and the talent will be there to play kids on one side of the ball. If the coaching staff can't take next years team to state, there's a problem.

One credit I will give to the coaching staff for Friday nights game is they seemed to mix up the run and the receivers better than they have in the past. They using more than 1-2 players. At this level, forget about getting one players the stats. Focus more on the team. There's a wealth of talent in the LSH program. I sure hope they use it.

The main problem that LSH, Belle Plaine and the other teams in our confrence will have will be Holy Family. No matter how good these teams are it will always be a struggle to win the conference as long as Holy Family is in the mix.

I was at the BP/LSH game on friday too. Being I am from BP, my take on the game may be a little different from you LSH guys. I felt that BP could have dominated that game if they would have got out of that spread offense after they had the 14-0 lead and tried to establish a running game. Both teams had too many turnovers. BP had at least 6 tries from the 1 yard line in that game and I think that all 6 times they lined up in the exact same 4 reciever formation. There is no reason when you have a 1st and goal on the 1 yard line to attempt 3 pass plays. When BP needed to run out the clock at the end of the game they finally pulled out a little bit tighter formation(still had 2 wideouts)basically told LSH that they were going to run the ball and the clock out and was successfull in taking 2 or 3 minutes off the clock and gaining 1 or 2 first downs.

I think BP and LSH both have very good football teams but like I said before, it may be all for nothing if HF is as good as they appear.

BTW, I heard that the BP 8th grade team beat the LSH 8th graders today! smirk Just thought you might like to know!!!! winksmile

Nice to see MN river conf. talk. Montgomery is having a real tough year. 3 games, 0 points. Lost 60-0 against HF.

What do you guys think about private schools? I don't like the fact that they have their draw from the entire metro area, and they can provide "tuition assistance" for athletes. Doesn't seem like a level playing field.

The only thing I can add is that we don't have the running backs we used to have and we have a young qb that can't always get it in for 2 next year or even towards the end of the year we might be able to do it with more experience

I hope the Mont-Lonsdale team survives. It's tough to see such a drop in numbers and expect the program to survive.

Hang in there Mont-Lonsdale.

As far as HF, I heard yesterday they want out of the MN River Conf. and are hoping to play more metro teams like Chaska and Chanhassen.

New School!!!!

Combine, Montgomery/Lonsdale, LeCenter and Waterville. Call it LeSueur County Central. I believe they could stay in the MRC and compete.

The only thing I can add is that we don't have the running backs we used to have and we have a young qb that can't always get it in for 2 next year or even towards the end of the year we might be able to do it with more experience

Don't worry BK19. LSH will win thier share of games this year. They looked to me to have a pretty tough defense and a balanced office. Coaching is always good as well.

I just hope someone can beat HF this year. I'll be chearing for BP to do it but if the LSH kids want to be the ones to beat them, I'll root for them too!

Montgomery/Lonsedale has put together some good teams over the years. I hope they survive as well and I hope that HF gets their wish and exits the MRconference.

I hope M/L gets better but not this week. BP plays them for their homecoming game! smirk

They're 2-1 on the season so far. I've been hearing good things about them with a new coach. Heard a couple times they could be the sleeper in the MRC.

I suspect there will be 2 loses for LSH this year. The first obviously to BP, the other to Holy Family. Although they could surprise me and prove me wrong and beat the snot outta HF grin. I hope they do.

Right now they just need to focus on tomorrows game. The LSH coach was standing by the "kicking" team yesterday working with them. I think this is great that he's now showing the committment to that part of the game.

If they continue to focus on some kicking, I can see Bruihler kicking a 60 yarder next year. So far, he's got the mechanics down with the short drop and quick approach. Not to mention he gets some good elevation as well. Heck, if he wants, he could boot the holder through the uprights as well grin As a sophmore, he has the strongest leg this team has seen in a couple decades.

I think the varsity game will be a tough one to be honest. I'll pick LSH by 6.

B-Squad is a different story. I think the LSH team will win big on Monday.

Help me out Jason....BLH? Are you a ref?

I should've been able to figure that one out.

Cool that you're a ref. I was a ref for hockey last year. Looking forward to doing it again.