• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

tmvikings

Best Upland Pants? Waterproof

tmvikings

I have had the same pair of Browning upland pants for 4-5 years and they are shredded top to bottom, great pair of pants but I would like a pair that is waterproof. Filson is the name but don’t know if I want to spend 130 for Double tins. (McAlister Waxed Pants look to be really good and I think I am going with them or a Gore-tex option. Any past experience please reply.

wormdunker

Cabelas Gore tex upland pants have been great for me. Cool enough to wear in warm weather yet throw on layers and they are great in the cold. I think what I like best is the weight vs my Filson pants. They are very light yet weather resistant.

Durability has also been quite good. I am careful around fences and such but quite frankly if you go goretex you have to be anyway.

Shack

The Pheasants Forever Brand I bought last year from Bella's have to be the best pair of pants (bibs actually) I have ever owned. A little on the expensive side, but worth the ching. The matching jacket is also very nice.

charliepete

If you buy Filson, go with the shelter cloth not the tin cloth. The tin cloth are too darn stiff and you'll sweat like a pig. None of Filson's stuff is truly waterproof anyway. It's all just waxed cotton. It's water resistant and briar proof. If you want true waterproof I'd with with something that is goretex lined. Cabelas Upldand Guidewear with goretex get good reviews from my buddies. I shred my clothes pretty regularly so I just by faced jeans and spray them with camp dry because I'm cheap. Once it's cool enough I start wearing chaps over jeans.

Shack

I am wearing the PF bibs in my new Avatar grin Water, wet grass, hot days, cold days, as long as you have good boots, you will love these bibs (jacket or not). Grouse or pheasant. wink

<---------------Right here! wink

DanH

I have a pair of Columbia Cordura hunting pants. Waterproof and virtually indestructible brush busters. But, way too warm for fall hunts. I don’t wear them until after December.

bigdog

For true water proof either Cabelas Gore-tex Jean style or the Dry-plus if the still have it. I wear both. If it is not raining I wear Filson tin cloth with the double tin fronts. Filson fits me the best out of all the pants.

Scott M

Shoot, I went to FF and bought a pair of Carhartt brown duck cloth pants and a can of waterproofing spray. Very cheap and I still am using those pants 4 years later

pheasanthunter512

Has anyone tried the Orvis Toughshell pants, I was comparing them to the Cabelas dry ones which according to one post were liked. I found one review on the Orvis pants, https://theuplandhunter.com/best-brush-pants-grouse-hunting/ but was really checking to see if someone has used them before buying as they are pretty expensive. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Sculpin
      My folks would go to St Cloud about once a month, and if we were very lucky, they would bring home a case of pop from Minars bottling. The old wooden red cases.  You could still get a cone for 5 cents at the DQ on the corner of 33rd.
    • Rick
      Welcome to FM @fishingallday   Keep us posted on how things are going in NY...please?
    • Bob Schultz
      Have not heard a thing for months now on building progress- has the panic shutdown stopped the construction or are we still on schedule for a new store by July 4th ? 
    • Kettle
      Welcome fishingallday from NY, NY? 🤔
    • TomWehler
      Guy down the bay is nice but a bit odd. I mean he is still looken for the lefty monkey wrench we asked him for in 1996.   Few years ago he told me to come see his sign he made for a concert he was heading to.   So couple days later I was passing an he showed me the sign.   It read  "I LOVE YOU STEVIE!"   SO I ask, what concert ya going to  ~ Thinking it was  maybe Fleetwood Mack n Stevie Nicks...?   Nope he said I am Stevie Wonder guy!!!   I think of this moment a lot....Big Smiles!   T      
    • gimruis
      I usually fish mille lacs about 3-4 times a year, usually in the spring before it gets hot out there.  I do not stay there, as I live within 90 miles of the lake.  I sometimes stop for breakfast or lunch but that won't happen if I decide to go this season.  I will probably still go and make a half day out of it at some point.  I exclusively use artificial lures so I don't need to stop for bait and if I need to stop for gas I will pay at the pump.   I think there will be less people fishing it because they have encouraged people to fish "locally" (whatever this means is different to everyone).  Lodging options will definitely be more limited and bars/restaurants/resorts may not be operating as they normally would.   As for the fishing out there and the regs...can't say I agree that winter anglers are able to keep fish and soft water anglers can't keep anything AND have a month long closure, but it is what it is.  The walleye, smallmouth, pike, and muskie fishing is still fantastic and there is state record trophy caliber potential for bass and muskies right now.
    • TomWehler
      In 70’z. Drive up liquor stores were just a dream. Up on the sidewalk..Bing Boom Bam... Now a reality—-just call or text order ahead, drive up n runner brings yer order right to what ever yer driving. Truck, car, horse or Moose! They have the juice to turn ya loose... 🕶 Good n bad here n just my luck to be sober 32 years! DOH!   Juice On!   T  
    • TomWehler
      I Guy drives up to the Marauder Boys n me on dock. Big new Ranger full up with toys.  “Yea hey...you live here?   Ya.  This is my place...my boyz...   ”Ya so just learning this rig an easy wondering if you Know where Northern or Pike Bay is”   We sure could....says me Musky T   After a minute “So you gonna tell me or what?”   Ohhhh ...you asked if I knew where that place is... an I do.   So guess you ment can I help YOU find it. You bet I can...   ”Well geeezz man no games here just where is it”   Well friend Yer In It sir.    North be that a way n sun sets in the West.   Keep on rocken!   Zoom.   They gone... 😎 Xzna is always on guard n We Got This Corona Crap Under Control!!!   Enjoy they day n Tacos tonight!   T         
    • Wanderer
      Always been googly eyed over the Judge!  Nice!  I had a Trans Am, a buddy had ‘68 Firebird with a built big block wedged in there.  Buddy’s BIL had a parade of cool cars in those days; Camaros, Road Runner, 442, and a big ‘ol Coronet 500 with a 440 he painted up real pretty.     Cone tops!    And the reel that wound the line on backward, but sweet!
    • jkrash
      I was thinking April 20th for ice out but with the cooler night time temps next week I'm thinking April 27th now. The ice is starting to pull away from the shoreline which is a good sign.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.