• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

never does booty have more trade value then tjunk....a team trading for a qb will want the qb to have game experience...booty has never even started a real game.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

That's exactly why his value may be better...nothing to judge him by. Which one right now has more up-side...that's the question the Vikes are going to have to answer.

My take on Jackson is he's young and inexperienced, he's athletic, has a strong arm, and he's improving .... in his recent games he's had more good games than bad games.

I'm glad Farve is here so we don't have to rely on Jackson, but I don't think this is the time for the Vikes to give up on Jackson.....

Completly agree with you perchjerker.

Steve, of course Bevell has been around training Jackson but at the same time these lesson also need to be seen in game situations. Coming from a very small College he wasn't NFL ready, not even close. He only got to watch Johnson for what 13 weeks his rookie year, he didn't exactly get flooded with how to handle game situations. Hearing from a coach and seeing it happen in a game are two completly different things.

My take on Jackson is he's young and inexperienced, he's athletic, has a strong arm, and he's improving .... in his recent games he's had more good games than bad games.

I'm glad Farve is here so we don't have to rely on Jackson, but I don't think this is the time for the Vikes to give up on Jackson.....

You're common sense is always refreshing in ALL forums. Good observation and I concur.

Zep I'd have to believe T-Jack has a lot more Trade value than Booty and that is only reason we would consider trading him over Booty. As much as I liked the Sage signing at the time I sure wish we could turn the clock back on that blunder. Of course we didn't know for sure Favre was coming and had to do something.

Not unexpected that usual poor sport excuse making minions would continue their non-sense. Same ole same ole!

So now T-Jacks PERFECT passing rating game "158" doesn't matter but Sages 1 week training camp run and a decent Pre-season quarter anointed him the starter and the better of the 2 qb's.

Sad and pathetic to say the least!

We sure could use another reciever or two. That would make all of our QB's look better. Sure hope BB's injury isn't all that bad or we're in BIG trouble!

T-Jack has to be bumming if it not for Favre he woulda rapped up the starting gig tonight just like Rick and Fish have been telling us would happen for while now..... Cruel game!

Reports were saying that the Vikes would be LUCKY to receive a 5th round pick for Jackson...more than likely a token 6th rounder. This is not my opinion, it's the general consensus from people who follow this type of thing and report on it. Take it for what it is. It doesn't get much lower than that guys...one pre-season game isn't going to change this much. IMO, Booty could get us at least that from another team as well...there are some really bad back-up q-backs in this league right now.

Jackson did play well but let's all stop drooling all over ourselves here...one performance certainly isn't going to wrap up anything for the guy and to say anything to the contrary is just plain PREPOSTEROUS. wink

Tjack had a great preseason game!!!!!!

Big deal, he had a horrible game last week. Next week he'd probably throw for 4 pics and fumble it twice. He's still Mr Checkdown in my book. His pass to Shiancoe in the endzone was a dead duck he threw off of one foot that easily could have been picked.

Although his other pass to Reynaud for a TD(even though it was YAC) was an awesome one, he's still going to be the inconsistant meathead I cussed about last year. I'm glad he did really good last night, his trade value went up.

If he was seeing blitzes, and blitz packages like Favre was seeing, he would have taken 5 sacks, coughed up a pic, and would have looked like a fool.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

that a girl MS. Jackson!!! way to make yourself look decent so we get a better draft pick when the world is watching!! junkson has always played ok when there is no pressure...we all know favre is the starter so there is no pressure....sage was resting his ankle...he has nothing to lose anymore...no reason to choke.

Now that's just plain silly logic to try and justify your insane attacks on T-Jack.

Eat Crow nicely not like you wrote above kicking and screaming with more junk.

T-Jack has the most pressure of his football life. He's playing for his career now. It's funny how to you sage is just resting his ankle and it's just an excuse for T-Jack when it happens to him. Give T-Jack credit where credit is due, but you can't even manage that. At least try to be credible FG smile

Leechbait, the first touchdown he was running for his life and made a leaping pass-very athletic and almost Favre-like, the YAC touchdown you mention was threaded between two defenders and thrown 30 yards on a rope. It was a beautiful play!!! Why diminish those plays unless you are trying to justify your previous errors in your statements. smile

I'd say we have one old hall of fame QB who is going to sell tickets for us, one improving QB who may prove to be a decent starter, one top-tier journeyman QB, and a solid year 2 QB.

I heard Favre was brought in because of T-Jacks injury issues.

you guys are to funny....i'll always love how no one says a peep when jackson does bad but as soon as he has a decent performance all these people come out of the woodwork to say how good he is lol.

there will be no eating crow for a decent preseason performance against backups....we already know junkson has a strong arm and can occasionally have a big play yada yada yada....the non junkson fans can eat crow when he actually leads the team somewhere and wins big games in big situations...until then he's the same ol tjunk.

but its nice that he does have a decent performance here and there so you handfull of peeps actually have an argument...we've all seen how he performs under pressure hopefully for your guy's sake he's gained experience from it....but what do we see from him next game? he's always been inconsistant....last week he was the worse qb on the field and last night he was the best.

we have no reason to play sage with an injured ankle with 3 other capable qb's why would we? i guarentee if we didn't have favre sage would of played..he wanted to play.

its all about league value with the trades...texans wanted a 2nd for sage and wouldn't even take a 3rd...finally a year later we got him for a 4th....they say junkson is worth a 5th at best but more then likely a 6th....this is coming from people that actually know how to judge talent...not just a strong arm and can move out of the pocket.

the reason the playbook isn't open for junkson is because its to much for him to grasp...whats chilly supposed to do call plays that he can't run?

Leechbait, the first touchdown he was running for his life and made a leaping pass-very athletic and almost Favre-like, the YAC touchdown you mention was threaded between two defenders and thrown 30 yards on a rope. It was a beautiful play!!! Why diminish those plays unless you are trying to justify your previous errors in your statements. smile

It was a good pass, but not 30! It was his typical 15 yarder, and yes it was a darn good pass, I said that already. I'll stick with what I've been saying all along, he's too inconsistant. Where were you last week when he looked like his typical self?? whistle

I posted (twice) Sage looked better than T-Jack and I didn't even make an excuse like you guys do about he should have been resting his ankle. smile

At least I can man-up instead of coming up with all of these ridiculous rationalizations, quotes from unknown experts and excuses some of you haters come up with. smile

You can never read too much into a preseason game, good or bad. Favre looked rusty last night, Tjack looked confident, but you really can't take much more from any preseason game.

Offensive and Defensive coordinators are playing as vanilla as possible, they're not going to give any of their regular season opponents any extra footage. Starters are barely in the game, and playing NOT to get hurt.

You're seeing alot of performances against guys who will never make an NFL roster. Safeties who are out of position, lines that aren't blitzing, linebackers who aren't certain of their assignments... receivers running the wrong routes, turning the wrong way.

I'm sorry, but you just can't read much into these games. The lions were undefeated in the preseason last year... we know where that ended up.

Tjack imo, plays fine when there's no pressure, physical or mental on him, when there is he looks like Chuck Knoblauck in New York.

Tjack can make some throws, can win some games, but he's not going to beat the phili's and pittsburgs of the NFL... but then, I'm not sure Favre is anymore either.

its ok rick...we'll let you think that you are mr. rational lol

your right tjunk looked better then sage last night...and we all need to eat crow because of junksons big time preseason performance!! the greatest part of all is the junkson fans always need to make the point of saying we need to eat crow when he shows glimpses of being OK...good humor.

he's so good and confident we've needed to bring in 2 more qb's this season and he's on the hotseat lmmfao....boy you 5 fans were right!!

It was a good pass, but not 30! It was his typical 15 yarder, and yes it was a darn good pass, I said that already. I'll stick with what I've been saying all along, he's too inconsistant. Where were you last week when he looked like his typical self?? whistle

I'll let you do the math. On the one you are referring to T-Jack let go of the ball on our own 28 and Reynaud caught it at the KC 35. Heck, even on the previous TD pass to Shianco TJ was on the KC 25 and it was caught 5 yards deep in the endzone.

I will agree with analyzer, you can't put too much stock into pre-season games. However it sounds a bit hypocritical when you were using pre-season games to knock T-Jack.

As for you FG I feel bad for you that T-Jack did so well last night and you have to come up with all of these rationalizations to justify your prior positions.

Just to be clear here, I'm not saying T-Jack will be an NFL caliber QB. I'm saying we haven't seen the full extent of his potential yet or maybe we did last night laugh

your right tjunk looked better then sage last night..the greatest part of all is the junkson fans always need to make the point of saying we need to eat crow when he shows glimpses of being OK...good humor.

Well according to most you arm chairs and experts...waste of space...not nfl....blah blah blah....but now "he is showing glimpses".....right there alone you need to EAT CROW FG!!!!!

As for you FG I feel bad for you that T-Jack did so well last night and you have to come up with all of these rationalizations to justify your prior positions.

i have the same stance as i've always had...i don't jump on and off the wagon....don't feel bad for reading into things more then you need to...the facts are still facts...junkson has done NOTHING when it matters.

you ever start your boat and take off and wonder whats the problem? why isn't your boat running right? its feeling dragged down...then you realize you forgot to raise the anchor...the anchor is tjack!!

the vikes would be much further along right now if we hadn't traded up to get him in the 2nd round and just found a qb that was decent....he's handicapped our potential for years if you can't see that i don't know what to tell ya.

i honestly hope junkson plays lights out preseason ball so we can get more for him from a team that desperatly needs a qb...worse case scenario is he sticks around and trys to learn something from favre and sage....i really don't hate the guy i just don't like him as a starting qb for the vikes.

but now "he is showing glimpses".....right there alone you need to EAT CROW FG!!!!!

lol here we go again....its 4 years later and we still need to eat crow when junkson is "showing glimpses"!! i love it...you guys are a riot in the morning!!

SO it didnt matter.....according to most, last nights performance was goin to determine T's career. I am sure he didnt feel any pressure........right

<<<<<<<<YAWNS

i'm just happy your boy is now fighting just to stay on the team and not being a starter....as of now the only one he's fighting is booty so he might have a chance.

Last night was a perfect example of how stats can mean nothing. (Especially in a pre-season game playing one of the worst teams in the nfl's backups.) Even the two clowns in the booth announcing the game kept saying the guy doesn't know when or where to throw the ball and seems confused. The recievers constantly had to wait around or adjust to his passes. For those of you saying T-Jack showed anything last night I would encourage you to actually watch the games instead of just picking up the paper and looking at numbers. grin

P.S I have a feeling the 68,000 came to see T-Jacks breakout game.

are you going with Training Camp performance in which T-Jacked looked much better until his injury

Much better until his injury? Wasn't that like six plays into camp when they are basically just playing pitch and catch for warm ups? Um, yeah...

KC had most of their 1st team DEF in on T_JACK drive from the 8. It was late 1stQ early 2nd when they started making some subs. KC didn't go full 2nsd string until late 2ndQ - early 2nd half. Down here in IOWa-- KC broadcast was stating how good a game JAckson had agst their 1st team DEF. It's 2nd game of the preseason,, the one starters play the most in.

FISH-- either you watched the game or you didn't. I encourage you next time to not have bias,, and REALLY watch a game.

The Cheifs having bad backups?? Do your homework,, their backups are nearly as good as their starters.

Get your facts FISH. Your Post is an example of VIkes fans who don't like JAckson,, period. The dude won the game for them.

Preseason or not-- he won the game,, and the clowns in the booth from a MN viewpoint,, most have been like you , , CLOWNS.

I'm embarrassed for you Fishguru!

So how did you and others determine Sage was/is so much better than T-Jack?

Are you using the career stats or last season stats posted above or are you going with Training Camp performance in which T-Jacked looked much better until his injury or are you basing it on Sage having a good last week of camp and a decent PRE-SEASON quarter of FOOTBALL!

I'll hang up and LMAO waiting for your reply!

Maybe you could ask Charlie Waters again..

Hippicrits!

it just goes to show how little you know pier....your one of the biggest hippicrits on the board lol....its not our fault you think of things in your head and post them as fact like when you were spouting off tjack was beating sage out in camp....someone asked you for proof or a source and you couldn't wing it.

now you think tjack is a superior qb over sage because he had a decent preseason game...remember last week when he was the worse qb on the field for both teams??...sorry man but it takes more to be a good qb then a couple regular season games and a preseason game.

like i care who wrote the article...it was just an article i found and posted like many....anyone can go find basically the same article written by tons of different sources.

page 1 your talkin about how u see us trading him pretty soon and we'll keep booty and hopefully we get a 5th round....now that he had a good preseason game he's the best qb on the team and you got him as an avatar lmmfao.

Sheesh. The season's not even started yet and the biggest battle is going on among Vikings fans, not between the actual Vikings and their rivals. Maybe you Queens fans oughta pay less attention to whether you agree with every last thing every other Queens fan says and more attention to what goes on out there between the hashmarks.

You purple fans have met the enemy, and it is YOU! gringringrin

Favre or not, you're still gonna need some good things to happen to get past the first round of playoffs.

You purple fans have met the enemy, and it is YOU!

Heh Heh....one of my predicted Favre scenarios I posted on June 11th is playing out beautifully, "The Inside Job", although I didn't exactly see fan-on-fan violence as part of this as I figured all the hatred would be directed at #4.

I should have known better. grin

although I didn't exactly see fan-on-fan violence as part of this as I figured all the hatred would be directed at #4.

Typical "Minnesota Nice" Queens fans. Minnesota Nice means smiling and nodding and being pleasant to your face and then ripping you a new . . . uh, you know what . . . as soon as your back is turned.

It won't be long until they start ripping the Aging Golden Boy up one side and down the other. Come the regular season, the first time he throws under .500 completion percentage, or the first time the Queens lose two games in a row, or the first time he sneezes and the fans think the sneeze is aimed at them, they'll turn on him (behind his back, or course, because they are Minnesota Nice) and rip him to shreds. Poor Bret. I guess all that money is a pretty good consolation prize for standing up to fair-weather fans who have never won anything really meaningful and are full of dog-pack hate because of it.

Ahhh, the fun that's about to happen. gringringrin