• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trading or releasing T-Jack by Friday?

FISHINGURU

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fishin58

• gr8icefishinmind

• LMITOUT

• FISHINGURU

Who would trade for Tarvaris? You could consider yourself fortunate if someone gave you one of those $0.79 spinnerbaits!!

At this point, I would almost give Ryan Leaf a chance before Jackson. grin

Best locker room tirade ever belongs to Leaf. That reporter wet himself, I swear

ahhh the resurection of wad.....just in time for the Season!!

So if bert goes down tonight, then what you guys goin to depend a 9 year back-up in Sage or the rag arm of Booty?

58 are you T-junks brother? you seem to be the only one here with faith in him. Kidding and all in jest but his passer rating stinks, he got yards but take away YAC and he only throws 40% completion ratio with less then 8 yards, after that it goes way down

you can skew them many ways...but that is what the WCO is for YAC....how does his passer rating stink???? It has went up every year and last year his overall QB rating was 95.4

I will give you that, but I just do not see a winner there. We will see the final roster in 3 weeks. We can argue but it still comes down to who Farve, I mean Chilly wants on his team

I agree, why the fight for Tjack, you have had a very strong Pro-Jackson voice all year.

Where does the love come from man.

I'm with everyone else. Glad to see him heading down the road. He's an avg Passer at best. He's never consitantly proven otherwise.

The Vikes would be smart to hold on to him for a few weeks. See which teams loose their starting QB, then make a few calls and see who's interested in trading for him.

Tjack might stink, but at least he's started some games in the NFL. There are some teams who will lose their starting QB and suddenly need a "quality" starter or back-up QB the first month of the season. And they might be so desperate they could convince themselves Tjack is a "quality" QB.

My prediction is in about three years Tjack will be starting for another team doing just well enough to make some vikes fans wish we had him back, but I don't think he will ever be a great quarterback.

Fishin58 isn't alone. I think Jackson still has some learning left to do, he hasn't had a bunch of above average Qb's to learn from since he got here. That is unlike a lot of "project" QB's. He was forced into starting WAY to early in his career, he has been handicaped more by Chilli than helped. That said I think he stay's unless there is a great offer for him.

Let's just keep him and use him as our wild-cat option for q-back. That way it'll lessen Favre's load too. Lot's of ways to skin a cat this year...let's just see how creative this coaching staff can get.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

ROFLOL smile

I'll quote a few Vikings fans who need to eat a little crow....

This might be a legit arguement, comparing INT's, if Jackson ever threw the ball more than 3 yards downfield.
Originally Posted By: EyeGuide
You're right stats don't lie but has TJack ever looked like he halfway knew what was going on?
Originally Posted By: machohorn
58 are you T-junks brother? you seem to be the only one here with faith in him. Kidding and all in jest but his passer rating stinks, he got yards but take away YAC and he only throws 40% completion ratio with less then 8 yards, after that it goes way down
Originally Posted By: Muddog
I said it before and I'll say it again.

Let's just see how many of his throws go beyond the line of scrimmage and on third down how many passes go beyond the first down marker. Free saftys seem to scare the heck out of him.

Sorry I didn't quote the all knowing FISHINGURU laugh but that's because he's a closet Packer fan along with a few other name callers, but he has a little crow to eat as well.

T-Jack proved you all wrong tonight. T-Jack looked pretty good. I'd say he looked better than Favre tonight. And where was Sage????

Way to keep after em fishin58

I rest my case, 158 QB rating is done every game right....thats right it is.

I think I will go buy an 1.89 lindy rig at FF tomorrow and troll away the rest of the weekend.

Buy low, sell high. T Jack's stock is up (albeit against a porous Chiefs' secondary) and it's time to liquidate.

Favre didn't look so good against the Chiefs secondary.......

Gooooo t-jack!! The problem is that MOST vikings fans are bandwagoners!! I always thought it was funny how if t-jack threw just one interception everyone would be booing! In a perfect world, qb's would not throw interceptions, but it happens! give the guy a friggin chance! he has a hell of an arm!!

Favre didn't look so good against the Chiefs secondary.......

They had a full-on blitz every play Favre was in, not to mention the last play for #4 he had one-on-one coverage but the KC defender didn't get called for interference on Favre's intended receiver. That could have gone for six easy.

What's the deal with T Jack getting all the pass plays, yet when Booty came in it was hand-offs. Seems like the deck was stacked against Booty, or were they going for broke with T-Jack hoping he'd complete some passes to raise his trade value????

Time to sell!!!

LOL LIMIT,

Gotcha...

I knew you'd come in with the excuses for Favre,

Never saw you do that for T-Jack smile

Sooo, you are a closet Packer fan laugh

Quote:
So Pier why dont you tell me now what im suppose to open my eyes and see

I'm not much for piling on in these instances but I have had a couple of soda's today. grin

I am expecting a FULL retraction on the absurd and very vehement, without a doubt we're all wrong Quote by Jim that Sage Rosenfel is clearly better than T-Jack.

Sorry but... before the game the numbers don't lie and of course now we ALL know that statement you rammed down our throats with 8 RANTING RANTS that O'Reiley woulda been proud of... grin not to be the case. Sage may be better but I'm not sold on it just yet my Friend/Friends

Sage's last season stats... 6 TD's 10 INT 79.5 Rating.

T-Jack's last season stats. 9 TD's 2 INT 95.4 Rating

In fairness to Sage he did average a WHOPPING 1 yard more per completion last season than TJ...

Sages career stats 30 TD's 29 INT 81.2

T-Jacks career stats 20 TD's 18 INT 76.5

So after 5 more years in the league Sage has a 4 and change QB Rating lead over TJ and the TD to INT ratio is in T-Jacks favor although modestely.

Clearly better eh Jim?

Man up James!!!

I nominate Fishin58 to be the next Vikings head coach...the guy knows Football! Congrats me boi! And enjoy the hot fudge topping T-Jack laid on the haters AGAIN tonight!

In all seriousness T-Jacked looked like he did at the end of last year "play-off game not with-standing" which was quite good!

I still believe due to salary Cap ramifications and money vested in Sage T-Jack still could be the man out! Business is Business.

7th round pick and rising eh boys...ROTFLOL~~~

We have may to start a T-Jack versus Favre thread .. wink

Isn't Fishingminnesota Fun..Nite y'all!

hey limit.....that is exactly what happened to jackson last year! Downs 1 and 2 were running plays and third down was passing down, seemed it was that way every series! and that is pretty predictable if u ask me!! T-jack would do just fine if the coaches would run a normal offense for him like they did tonight!!

Fishin58 isn't alone. I think Jackson still has some learning left to do, he hasn't had a bunch of above average Qb's to learn from since he got here.

Don't the Vikings have a quarterback coach? It's always seemed to me that a young QB "learning" how to do it from an accomplished veteran is like expecting your one-year-old springer spaniel to learn how to be a bird dog by hunting alongside the field champion. Sure, there are benefits, but you only get a great bird-dog with solid training, and you only get a great QB the same way. Some veteran QBs are excellent at bringing along youngsters. Others suck at it.

that a girl MS. Jackson!!! way to make yourself look decent so we get a better draft pick when the world is watching!! junkson has always played ok when there is no pressure...we all know favre is the starter so there is no pressure....sage was resting his ankle...he has nothing to lose anymore...no reason to choke.

boy tjunk showed us all wrong tonight man....what a preseason performance!! big players step up in big games!!

boy tjunk showed us all wrong tonight man....what a preseason performance!! big players step up in big games!!

whistle

Here it is, the preseason on the line. Two receivers left and right. T Jack takes the snap, he steps up, he's all by himself, fires into the endzone....caught, TOUCHDOWN! NOOO!!! NOOOO!!! The Vikings have given the Chiefs their second loss of the preseason!

HiHi.gif

T-Jack played well tonight...I thought Booty did too. It will be really interesting to see what the Vikes are going to do with their q-back situation. Booty may have more value right now than T-Jack on the trade front. Who knows?

I hope they keep Reneaud (sp...I know). He seems like a play maker who will help this team in the return game too. His game was alot like Harvins when he was at West Virginia.

jackson has always played decent, just that fans didn't give hime a chance to perform! i can't wait til favre starts to show his age at about week 10 and he starts to suck it up, and the fans turn against him like normal vikes fans do!! I hope it doesn't happen but more than likely it will! i do think that AP will go for 2000 or more this year with favre as qb!!