• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stick em With a Fork!!

zepman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• SledNeck

• Jim Panfish Uran

• genegodawa

Yeah the Twins are playing some ugly ball. But to lose faith in a team for falling 5 games back with MANY more to go is kinda hogwash. I don't know how many times the Twins have had to come back from adversity only to shut everyones mouth. Every time a negative topic gets started about them it goes dead in about a week until they lose another game. The Twins can not win every game, and heck with such a low payroll we should be HAPPY of where we are at now. Our pitching has taken some lumps this year(Slowey gone, Liriano not up to par, same with Baker), but they can turn it around. With a few key games pitched, and a few good games hitting, we can win some games in a row. We have Cleveland this weekend, maybe they can turn it around, maybe not. But they are still my hometown team, and I will cheer regardless.

Leechbait,

I'm not a homer, or root for the home team.

I'm a fan of sports, not of the home team. Most of the time I enjoy a good college game or high school game for that matter over a pro game.

I find it hilarious that some people, maybe yourself,that attach themselves to the local pro team and refer to them as us.

I'd say that you are in the minority my friend. Who do you root for? who ever is winning?? laugh

Gotta go for the home team. Its called pride.

You are born into it.

Cant respect someone who draws favorite teams out of a hat

Leechbait,

I don't necessarily root for anyone. I just like to see a well played game. It's just a game, its entertainment. I've played sports all my life, including major college football and baseball, coached my son and daughter in their respective sports and watched my neices and nephews excell in the sports they played in. I've always enjoyed playing sports myself, coaching others or just watching it on the tube. I really don't feel the need to support any team, if they do well great, if not thats okay too. I'm not giving up on the Twins, I just think they have a long way to go before they are going to be a good team and I'm not basing it on the last 10 games or so they have shoen these weaknesses all year. Again, if I'm going to watch a game I want to be entertained and the Twins, lately, have not been entertaining. Oh, and Sledneck, I think someone who criticises a team for their poor play is probably shows more pride for the home team than someone who blindly "supports the team because they are the home team."

I think someone who criticises a team for their poor play is probably shows more pride for the home team than someone who blindly "supports the team because they are the home team."

Huh??? Didn't you just criticise me for having a home team? lol, whatever man. I hear ya on the "sports" in general thing. I've played my share as well!!

Gotta go for the home team. Its called pride.

You are born into it.

Cant respect someone who draws favorite teams out of a hat

Could not Agree more with this statement...

I have not totally given up on the twins but they would need to get HOT an both the other teams fall apart.

I just don't see that happening

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please no arguing. I am sending up a set of our finest selection of silver and there are plenty of forks to go around the entire state of Minnesota. Stick those forks in deep, my beloved Pale Hose just signed Alex Rios for the playoff push and Jake Peavy is only a few weeks away from his first start in the Black and Silver. So boys, what's it gonna be? Oneida, Reed & Barton, you name it and it is on me!

and your team puts up the BIG "0" agst the mariners vaunted pitching staff. -- in 14 innings. The central is coming down to the wire as usuall,, maybe a playoff game(for the DIV) in the dome this year???

Twins are somehow only 4 games outta the lead with a 6+ era since the all star break.

If Liriano could up his game, why can't the rest of the starters? Hope Liriano sees the writing on the wall and gets his game turned around for the last 6 weeks.

The thing they haven't been able to do is to go all the way through the rotation without getting banged up early once or twice. If the starters could even go 7 giving up 4 or less, that would be huge for the bullpen and team's chances.

Stick those forks in deep, my beloved Pale Hose just signed Alex Rios for the playoff push and Jake Peavy is only a few weeks away from his first start in the Black and Silver.

Why would they sign such an expensive outfielder? His career stats are NOT that impressive at all! Especially when you have Podsednik, Dye, and Quentin!I also highly doubt Pevy will see any action this year because the overpriced pale hose will not be seeing any playoff action, as that would be the only time Peavy would have pitched this year. What a great way to spend $115 million Chicago. No wonder you guys are the laughing stock of the league, spend all that money for mediocrity!

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter
Stick those forks in deep, my beloved Pale Hose just signed Alex Rios for the playoff push and Jake Peavy is only a few weeks away from his first start in the Black and Silver.

Why would they sign such an expensive outfielder? His career stats are NOT that impressive at all! Especially when you have Podsednik, Dye, and Quentin!I also highly doubt Pevy will see any action this year because the overpriced pale hose will not be seeing any playoff action, as that would be the only time Peavy would have pitched this year. What a great way to spend $115 million Chicago. No wonder you guys are the laughing stock of the league, spend all that money for mediocrity!

Let the cross talking begin!!! laugh

Glad to see Liriano get it together last night. Can he continue this performance for the remainder of the year? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Originally Posted By: Windy City Walleye Hunter

I had some of those same questions about the Rios move? What's he going to do, pinch hit?

I guess I should be more optimistic with the 1st win for the Twins when Lirian Starts in many weeks but I'm not and I expect him to get rocked next time out..

As much as I (no sarcasim) love crede at 3B, especially when hes healthy, what would you guys think about a guy like Aubrey Huff helping out or taking the spot? I don't know what his contract is but hes a higher quality bat that is struggling this year and cleared waviers last week I think?

Zelmsdawg

Let's hope that Pavano's next trip to the mound is a repeat of his last performance. Not to mention having a little influence on the others in the pitching rotation.

Not looking so good today against the Royals of all teams.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
Let's hope that Pavano's next trip to the mound is a repeat of his last performance. Not to mention having a little influence on the others in the pitching rotation.

Not looking so good today against the Royals of all teams.

Haven't had the chance to check the game's progress. Hopefully the bats start connecting.

Yeah we stranded the tying run!!! The bats are waking up though. Mauer's got a dinger and 4 rbi's.

Hey now, don't go hating on the messenger! I did not say the Twinks were out of it, YOU TWINK FANS DID, I was just offering a bit of help since so many of you seemed in need of forks to stick into your golden cream filled desserts. LOL

still 5-4 top of 8 with mijares pitching. at least they didnt put crainwreck in.

we strand the bases loaded with 1 out. wheres our clutch hitting. mauer provided it with 2 outs and 2 on. we needed cabrerra to come thru

Cuddyer's arm give's us a chance nailing a runner at 3rd.

Now if his bat could chime in!

The fork is very near my friends!

crede's out in the bottom of 8th, redmonds up and then little nicky, so we pretty much are hoping for somethign in the bottom of the 9th top of the lineup. . .

redmonds out, and harris is pinch hitting for little nicky...