• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2009 Town Team State Tournament

bassNspear

I know there is guys out there on here that are playing to get to the state tournament this year in Gaylord/Arlington!

Anyone having a great year to get there. I play for Glencoe, and we won our regional this weekend!

A friend of mine is playing for St Benedicts. I know he's been pretty pumped about getting to state.

But of course, if he plays Glencoe in the Championship game, it'll be like anything else Glencoe sports related. wink You know what I mean.

I play for Soderville Outlaws, we advanced to the 2nd round of sections for Class B. We face Cold Spring wednesday evening, real solid ball club right there. curious to see how we do! Gotta get through Coon Rapids and Sauk Rapids too, its gonna be tough, just glad we're still playin! The bright side is when we eventually loose out.... alot more time on the water!

I went to the Meisville vs Red Wing Game the other night great game.

So where and when are the clas A, B, and C state tourneys this year?

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

We are currently in the losers bracket in our region in class c.

Pier, tried to send you a link on tourney news but got rejected. I'll try this, It is the state we live in, the forum we are on and a group that starts with an o middle letter r and last letter g. smirk

good luck with the springers!! laughlaugh please note where i live! laugh 2 blocks from ballpark. to bad i will be in north dakota or i would go to the game.

I know there is guys out there on here that are playing to get to the state tournament this year in Gaylord/Arlington!

Anyone having a great year to get there. I play for Glencoe, and we won our regional this weekend!

you guys class c?

ya, were class c. We won the state in 98, and played 2 years in class b, and then went back down to C after the 2000 season!

Pier, tried to send you a link on tourney news but got rejected. I'll try this, It is the state we live in, the forum we are on and a group that starts with an o middle letter r and last letter g. smirk

Thanks Mj got it figured out... grin

And good luck!

I prefer the B and C tourneys they have much cooler Parks and more loyal/bigger fan followings it seems to me!

I think the state board realizes that too, thats why B and C tourneys are held at the same time/place. These teams typically have a more family/history background where A teams are more of who is the best bb players from the surrounding area.

I live across the hwy from the Arlington ballpark. They have a beautiful park.

Arlington itself is one game away fom the tourny.

I remember the day when they were the best team around for many years. My nephew plays for Arlington ad my brother-inlaw played for them in thier hayday.

Yeah, we made it, we beat Maple Plaine 7-2 on saturday afternoon. It was a good warm up for the big tourney as our region had 4 teams with more than 20 wins during the regular season.

awesome to see a home town team that is running the state tournament win thier way to state!

yea, but what about you? did glencoe get there? the st cloud paper doesnt cover the tourney very well, unless its the river bats. anyway good luck to ya if your there.

Our team website has the class C schedule on the homepage. arlington as . net without the spaces. I think their is a state baseball page as well but I'm not sure about that.

We're gonna try to get to some of these games. Saw the state tourney last year in Shakapee and had a great time.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. With the Twins so painful to watch these days a little local baseball played for pride and just the fun of it is hard to beat.

Arlington or Gaylord, is one park any better/nicer than the other?

I plan to be in Gaylord Sunday to watch Fort Ripley. Looks like good weather for a Sunday state tourney baseball game.

ya we made it, and got smoked by BE. We didnt hit the ball, and booted the ball around. It was ugly. Parks looks awesome thow!

I see there are games this Saturday at 11 and 1:30 that we would be able to make. The website is a bit confusing. Is there any way of know who is playing where?

On the state web page click on the updated class C brackets and it will show times and who plays. We play Saint Cloud Ortho at 1100 in Arlington in what should be a really good game. After our game Loretto plays the Saint Cloud Snappers in what should be another good game. After that game, Cold Spring plays Savage. Cold Spring has one of the best pitchers in the state. He has been offered an invitation to a couple of major league team's spring trainings over the last few years.

sdstatekid, good luck in the tourney. I have a couple friends that play for Ortho. Femrite from the Springers is one of my best friends. He got offered a chance to visit the White Sox in training camp a couple years ago, but he just started a new job and nothing was guaranteed with the Sox. He also got invited and scouted by the Braves and Orioles. He can really bring it. In HS, he was undersized and didn't quite develop his expertise until he was in college at Mayville.

CFRay, were you a former Rebel? I played in the Victory League for 10 years until I realized that I missed my weekends to fish and hang out with the family.

Thanks doctor. We get along really good with the guys from ortho. They have come down for our tourney the last few years and it's a really good time. Having to play later on in the day after drinking cold ones while the sun comes up can be pretty tough, but they always manage to do it. They have a really good team, it sucks that we have to play them now when one team is done, instead of later when we both can move on, but it is what it is.

It'll be cool to see Femrite pitch on Saturday as I haven't seen him pitch since the Chaska game a couple years ago. I sat behind a scout for part of it and Siefert was consistently in the 89-90 range while Femrite was in the 92-93 range. I left after Cold Spring scored 3 in the 6th or 7th and couldn't believe it the next day when I heard that Chaska came back to win, but thats baseball.