• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Inquiring on a cabin on Waukenabo and was looking for any information that can be provided. Just needing general fishing, recreational usage and water quality. I drove by on the 4th weekend to check cabin out and could see some algae near shore and was wondering if the lake has frequent algae blooms or if it was more from lack of usage by this cabin. There was very little traffic on the lake for a holiday week, it this normal? Thanks in advance.

We considered Waukenabo when we were cabin shopping a few years ago. Supposed to have decent walleyes & crappies. I doubt there is any real boat traffic to deal with, seemed like a pretty quiet lake. That's what I remember. I think the DNR water quality was pretty good also but I've never actually boated the lake.

Thanks for the information.

Crappie Keith, any insight? You seem to know the area lakes really well. Feel free to send me an email if you wish. wadealto at comcast dot net.

Thanks again.

Well I have not been on Wauk for a month but eyes can be had on the north or south sides in 10-15 fow along the weed patches.

Just troll along them.be carefull as the breaks are not straight.They go in to shore then way back out. I'm always trying to get to the inside turns of the breakeline. You might want to just anchor up and slip bobber them with leeches.

I had been seeing some good pike action as well as large mouth action.

The pannies have slid out but to target those cabbage patch edges should get a rod bending one way or another.

The reed island close to the 30 hole that everyone hits in the winter for crappies can als produce ,especially the southern most tip.

Normally I like to follow a depth,but there I'd start shallow 10 fow and troll out to 25 fow then back in.

Drop shotting for gills in the cabbage can be fun too.

not sure what all your looking for but there it is.

If you have a mind...I can join you for an evening to show you how I fish her.

We could do the 4 species tour from 5 till dark.

Magic time on that lake is the last 3 hours of daylight.

Myself...I'll pull a 1/4 oz jighead in white and strap on a 3" black/pearl Mr.Twister Sassy Shad.

That set up will snag just about everything in that lake about now....ie crappie,bass,pike&eyes.

Those gills love panfish sized leeches on 32'nd oz jigs under a cork or like I said...drop shotted or verticle jigging.

Trolling speed should be in that 1.3-1.5 mph range.

Heading up north this weekend, just wondering if anybody has had any luck catching any eyes on Esquagamah or Round lake lately.

The bite has been spotty at best.a few weeks ago the nice eyes were biting...now she's gotten a bit tougher.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rivergroup
      Heading up to LV a week from today with the kids. Any advice for us? Staying on the West side but open to traveling if the weather permits.   The way the last few weeks have gone, might stay for good!!!
    • leech~~
      Do have Wi-Fi in your house. Your going to need that to work with any of the cameras that send a signal and video to your phone.  Hardwire is the best but battery power workers well for about two months then you have to pull them and recharge them.  It is nice to sit on a beach in Key West and keep an eye on your house when gone! 👌
    • smurfy
      SO.......you dont think the BEWARE OF WIFE sign is sufficient???? 😂😄   seriously.......i'm no help!!!!
    • Dash 1
      With all the craziness in the world I’m looking at getting an outdoor security camera setup for my home. Anyone have ideas on what works well without a huge cost  and easy to do . Or is it better to go with a company to set it up.  We have recently had copper thefts in the area at farmers fields and bin sites and I know it will only gat worse as these things always do. I probably want something that hooks up to my phone as well and wondering if there is a good one with either battery life or if wired is better. Any thoughts are welcome. 
    • SkunkedAgain
      Aren't they the ones that ran into problems about illegal bait? Anyone know how that turned out?
    • chaffmj
      You launch on Moose Lake to get to the motorized portage. It's called Prairie portage. To get to the portage you put in at Moose Lake. From Moose you go into Newfound Lake. From Newfound you go into Sucker Lake. On Sucker is where Prairie portage is. There is a dock on the American side and on the Canadian side there is big sign welcoming you to Canada. Latourell's Resort runs the portage and the cost for the portage is $40 for a round trip.
    • mulefarm
      Will that blond haired kid have that cool little orange boat in the show this weekend? Saw him driving around by Muskego Point a few times this summer.
    • smurfy
      Hey  stranger!!👌
    • delcecchi
      Nope, there are parts of Basswood that allow motors.   Entry is from Fall Lake, and there is (I think) a motorized portage.   It is really popular in the spring...
    • smurfy
      had that happen last year on a lake. doing pretty good with sunfish till momma 2 youngins showed up........we moved!!!!🥴 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.