• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, I hit this lake for the first time this season.

I was rewarded with 15 pretty nice sunfish and 2 crappie.

All fish cam on a JB Lures red Ju-Ju with a spike. I moved 4 times and the best action was from 12-15 fow. I fished the large basin off Squirrels Nest road.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• DLK

• BoneCollector9

• dan z

Nice job Harvey, enjoy the meal of fish and good report. I have also had good success with the panfish the last week, they seem to be biting much better.

Im thinking of heading out there tomorrow and scouting for a spot, plan on moving the perm out there to try for some eyes.

I was on Fox today and drilled a ton of holes and did not mark 1 fish. But I have had luck after sundown there this past 2 weeks. I was thinking of heading out to one of the lakes by Washington this Saturday, or Washington itself.

anywhere between 15' and 40'. Now having the crappies actually bite is the bigger issue.

I keep hearing that a friend of a friend did good on Washington but my chain-O-friends seems to be time delayed or just plain full of it.

I've caught 1 "red lake" crappie and a handfull of 10 inchers but it has been really slow in my house.

I was out on Washington today from about 4ish to 630 and drilled about a dozen holes from 13 to 16 feet of water in Bakers bay. Not one fish. Marked maybe 2 the entire time.

~piker

Just did the ice fishing contest today on Washington, marked about 5, but no biters. They had 100 prizes, but didn't fill them. Anyways, nice lake, was my first time out there and was impressed by the massive houses out there, there are some beautiful places out there

i think im going to head out there on sunday how deep are your guys finding the crappies

Over the years I have done well in two locations on Washington.

First, the large basin between Sqirrles Nest point to the narrows can have a good amount of crappies. One has to punch many holes to locate and then follow them. Depth of the water I would fish is 9-15 fow.

The second can be off third point. If there are a large amount of houses and traffic, then I would get away from the crowd. Off second point to the hole to the east can also produce crappie. Those fish can be from 12-30 fow.

I personally have never done well in Baker Bay during the ice season.

4 of us fished the large basin off sqirrels nest point in 12'for over 8 hours,only 3 little fish.All different species tho.At least westwood was close by for some good food!

Spent this past weekend on 3rd pt. Very slow. I was woke in the middle of the night by the rattle wheel going, I thought sweet. Should have known better, 15" Sheephead, a Lake Washington icon. Saw some poor guy's window curtain blowing in the wind. Some low-life busted in at some point this weekend. Traveling was ok on the lake overall.

I was out yesterday, in a four wheel drive jeep cherokee...with very good tred. Never made it back to Bakers. Turned around after getting stuck twice and having to shovel myself out.

Issue I was having was the extra 6"-8" clearance of most trucks, I was getting hung up. Full size trucks were moving around pretty good so I would guess by as soon as this morning the paths were fairly good to pull a house out.

Fishing, nothing to brag about-but my poor little guy put his foot in the hole when we got there so it was a short trip.

Good luck,

jk

Thinking about heading out tomarrow wondering how the bite has been? Will be going out from westwood any info would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it pay to try lake Washington? Havent had much luck out there the last 2-3 years, before that could always get into to some decent gills. Just curious if anyone has a report from westwood/narrows side. thanks

I also didn't believe it payed to hit Washington for a few years. Last spring I went to Washington and slammed some beautiful gills there.

So, yes there are some nice fish left in the lake one just needs to figure out where they are located.

As far as a current bite, I cannot help you.

there are big ones in there but there is so mcuh space out there that is untuched by any ice fisherman this year or every year .....once we get open water ill be able to find the big gills (and the eyes ) after it opens

there are big ones in there but there is so mcuh space out there that is untuched by any ice fisherman this year or every year .....once we get open water ill be able to find the big gills (and the eyes ) after it opens

You mean You are gunna drive your boat behind mine let me show you everything ,then let your wife catch the biggest eye of opener again? LMAO!

Thanks for the reply Harvey!!!! I will leave that lake for you guys it is a bit to south for me.

By St Peter. I should have stated south Washington.

Sorry

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the water temps there or if the docks are in at the north landing or Westwood? Thinking about chasing some panfish tomorrow.

Thanks for any info.